News:

Incontinence Hotline ... Can you hold, please?

Main Menu

NFL Gone Crazy!!

Started by VikingJuice, September 07, 2008, 10:52:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

-Pats dead in the water-Brady is out for the season.  Torn (likely as of 11pm) ACL and MCL, 8 months minimum recovery time.

-Bears spank Colts!  Da' Bears looked great.  Strong D as usual, very steady play from Kyle Orton, and the Rookie RB Matt Forte from Tulane looks great!!

-Eagles, picked to finish last in their division absolutely maul St. Louis 38-3 and it wasn't even that close.  They had 3, count 'em, 3 receivers go over 100 yards receiving plus 100 rushing performance from Westbrook.  Very balanced, very scary.

And still 2 games to go for the week.  MNF is a double header:  DEN/OAK (yawn) and GB/MIN (fun)

dazie

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 07, 2008, 10:52:28 PM
-Pats dead in the water-Brady is out for the season.  Torn (likely as of 11pm) ACL and MCL, 8 months minimum recovery time.

ooo- Brady got a knee.

"...what actually put me out of the game was this thing a speed freak named Dreamer Tatum did to the ligament one Sunday afternoon.  What Dreamer did was, he hit me a lick that turned my right knee into a dish of Southern-cooked turnip greens, and when you get a "knee" in pro football, you might as well have a rare strain of incurable, scab-flaking Asiatic gonorrhea.  Here's how they talk about you in the front office:
   Coach:  Wish we had Billy Clyde Sunday
   Owner:  He's got that knee you know.
   Coach:  He'd give us everything he's got.
   Owner:  On one knee.
   Coach:  He's the best we ever had.
   Owner:  On two knees.
   Coach:  Maybe his knee's okay.
   Owner:  You can't fix a knee.
   Coach:  What do you think of our foreign policy in the Middle East?
   Owner:  It's fine, except for Billy Clyde's knee."

(Life Its Ownself by Dan Jenkins, sequel to Semi-Tough.  VJ- these are right up your alley.  Don't watch the movie though- it sucked.)
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 07, 2008, 10:52:28 PM
-Bears spank Colts!  Da' Bears looked great.  Strong D as usual, very steady play from Kyle Orton, and the Rookie RB Matt Forte from Tulane looks great!!

Thank effing God.  I mean granted, Payton was having an off game, but the Colts made no mistakes.  As a Bears fan, even I was shocked at this outcome.

Plus, I won my fantasy week, despite having 44 points between two players on my bench.  Gah!

You're the pride and joy of Illinois... Chicago Bears, bear down!!!