News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Spiderman 3 Pics

Started by cnamon, February 01, 2006, 01:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

How does he find time to blog between making commercials, speaking to health classes, and eating delicious sandwiches.

cnamon

Quote from: Beefy on February 01, 2006, 03:03:28 PM
How does he find time to blog between making commercials, speaking to health classes, and eating delicious sandwiches.
Maybe he made a JaredBot out of all the fat he sucked out.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Why is she walking in space?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

No more being coy about who else is in the film - check out the suit.

So then, Raimi caved to the suits and put Venom in.  I have mixed feelings.  It's like with each new film the movies are being made by the suits, not Raimi.  This is what Elfman was bitching about when he said that he'd never work with Raimi again.

Regardless, there is something reflected in Spidey's eye.  There is much speculation what that might be.  You can go here and look at the supersized image to get a better look if you're interested.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Beefy

A good point was made: they are purposefully obscuring the area where Spidey's mouth would be.  So perhaps that's not even Spidey at all.

ReBurn

I wonder how they are going to bring him into existence?  Because I doubt they could use Venom's comic storyline, considering what all went into that.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on February 24, 2006, 09:51:50 AM
I wonder how they are going to bring him into existence?  Because I doubt they could use Venom's comic storyline, considering what all went into that.

It has something to do with J. Jonah Jameson's son bringing back a sample of something from his trip to the moon (remember, they established him as an astronaut in the last film).

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on February 24, 2006, 10:48:18 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on February 24, 2006, 09:51:50 AM

It has something to do with J. Jonah Jameson's son bringing back a sample of something from his trip to the moon (remember, they established him as an astronaut in the last film).
That makes sense.

Beefy

Jessie

swolt

Quote from: Jessie on March 30, 2006, 10:18:22 PM
Quote from: Beefy on March 30, 2006, 06:29:42 PM
toby.jpg
Is he the badguy this time or something?

if they follow the venom storyline, he is both the bad guy and the good guy.

I so hope he becomes venom. If they do there is a chance carnage will show up, and he is my all time favorite bad guy.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

swolt

I don't know if this real or fan based but I just found it

swolt

history of venom
QuoteIt all started with a simple mistake. While participating in the first Secret Wars, Spider-Man really trashed his costume. He came across two other heroes who earlier had similar problems and told him there was a wondrous machine capable of making any article of clothing you can think of. Unfortunately for poor Spidey, they neglected to tell him where to find it. Spider-Man did find a device that he thought looked like "it wants to make a costume". It produced a small, black ball that initially set off his spider-sense as he picked it up. The ball oozed over the confused hero and became a black costume. Spider-Man wore the costume for a few months, enjoying the fact that it produced its own webbing and could change to mimic his civilian clothes.
This all came to an end when Spider-Man discovered his nifty new threads were actually an alien symbiote trying to bond to him permanently. Mr. Fantastic separated the two with his "sonic blaster" and captured the symbiote for study. It should be noted that during the period that Spider-Man wore the alien costume, there was evidence that the symbiote somehow fed on his adrenaline. The costume escaped and rejoined Spider-Man briefly, but the hero tried to kill the symbiote using the noise from a church's bell tower. The plan worked too well, and the symbiote saved Spidey's life before hiding itself in the church.

The other half of this future combo, Eddie Brock, was the star investigative reporter for the Daily Globe. Eddie was a particularly driven man driven to seek the approval of his stone-hearted father. It stands to reason that when his biggest score--a man confessing to be the then-active Sin-Eater--was exposed as a fraud when the real Sin-Eater was captured by Spider-Man, Brock went a little over the edge. The paper fired him, his father disowned him, and his marriage ended. Brock's mind locked onto Spider-Man as the source of all his woes and thus began Brock's burning hatred of the Wall-Crawler. But life continued to deal harshly with Brock, and soon he decided to commit suicide. Stopping by a church to pray before he did the fateful deed, Brock's intense hatred of Spider-Man was noticed by the symbiote who had been hidden there since its last confrontation with Spider-Man. The two bonded and became Venom.

Beefy

They're not following the comic storyline, and there won't be a Carnage appearance.

So the Internet says, anyway.

swolt

Quote from: Beefy on March 31, 2006, 07:22:28 AM
They're not following the comic storyline, and there won't be a Carnage appearance.

thank you, mr crush my dreams.

would you like to stomp on a bunnies while you are at it?

Beefy

Quote from: swolt on March 31, 2006, 08:13:00 AM
Quote from: Beefy on March 31, 2006, 07:22:28 AM

thank you, mr crush my dreams.

would you like to stomp on a bunnies while you are at it?

I may still hold the record on the Junto bunny smashing game.  It appealed to my inner nature.

Beefy

Spider-man 3 Trailer.  Doesn't leave a lot to the imagination.  Two words:  bell tower!

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/spider-man_3/

Beefy

Listener

Am I a bad geek for not being obsessively interested in every bit of news about S3?  I mean, I'll go see it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I can't get in on the S3 mania.

swolt

Quote from: Listener on July 24, 2006, 08:11:12 PM
Am I a bad geek for not being obsessively interested in every bit of news about S3?  I mean, I'll go see it and I'm sure I'll enjoy it, but I can't get in on the S3 mania.

yes

Beefy

It ain't going to be up for long, YouTube has been taking it down left and right.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7FKI8yYUDk

The quality is crap, but it's our first moving footage of Venom (at the end).

Alice

I didn't realize Topher was in this one.

swolt

Beefy

Remember that blurry phone-cam movie from comic-con that you could almost make out Venom at the end in?

Clear and in focus.

Beefy

Beefy

Venom makes his official public premiere tomorrow night during a commercial break from Heroes.

swolt

Beefy

Yes, not long.  HUGE plot spoiler in here, but it's also an awesome action sequence and, yes, at the end there is a glimpse of Venom.  If you're going to watch, I highly suggest right clicking and saving it to your hard drive first.

http://flash.sonypictures.com/video/movies/spiderman3/Spiderman3_480p_4000kbps.mov

swolt

eo000

swolt

eo000

aunt may sleeps with harry.

*spoiler*

did i do that right?

swolt

it was good. I liked it. Not as well rounded as the first Spidey movie, but the action was pretty kick-ass in this one.

spoilers:

harry as the goblin was awesome.
the black spiderman suit looked too CGI
venom did not look real. They copied him pretty much straight from the comics, but it just wasn't believeable I guess some things don't jump from paper to the big screen.
the ending was very, very lame.

the fights were awesome. some of the best action I've seen in a long time. I would see it again.

dazie

Quote from: swolt on May 04, 2007, 03:17:15 AM
it was good. I liked it. Not as well rounded as the first Spidey movie, but the action was pretty kick-ass in this one.

spoilers:

venom did not look real. They copied him pretty much straight from the comics, but it just wasn't believeable I guess some things don't jump from paper to the big screen.

the fights were awesome. some of the best action I've seen in a long time. I would see it again.

Harry who??
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

swolt

Quote from: dazie on May 04, 2007, 08:31:55 AM
Quote from: swolt on May 04, 2007, 03:17:15 AM

spoilers:

Harry who??

Harry Osborn

dazie

Oh.  Duh.  I was thinking "But Daniel Radcliffe isn't in the movie" and was evidently on crack.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

swolt

more, non 3AM thoughts:

When Spiderman puts on the black suit it turns Peter into emo-Peter. At first I thought it was lame but Maguire pulls it off very well and has fun with it. Once again he is very believeable as Spiderman and Peter Parker.
Kirsten Dunst is great. I didn't like her so much in the 2nd movie but she really digs into MJ and pulls out some great scenes.
James Franco as Harry/New Goblin took the show. He steals every scene he is in, and that's hard to due against that kind of star power. I enjoyed watching him more than anything else.
Sandman was just plain stupid. They did a few interesting things with his character but the ending left me thinking "wtf? did they forget to write an ending to the sandman story and just said 'oh yeah he's gone now.'"
When I heard Tohper Grace was playing Eddie Brock I thought that was a bad idea. Brock is suppose to be a big guy. But Tohper pulls it off very well. He nailed the attitude and was charming enough to overlook the physical size.
Bruce Camplbell's cameo is priceless. I was nearly in tears I was laughing so hard.
Rounding off the new cast is Zefram Cochrane, who was pretty much just background. He had a few lines but his character was nothing big.

All in all it was a good movie.

ReBurn

We're going to see it at Imax tomorrow afternoon. I just picked up my tickets.

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on May 04, 2007, 12:03:51 PM
what time? maybe we are going to the same showing.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on May 04, 2007, 01:03:53 PM
1:45

eo000

Quote from: ReBurn on May 04, 2007, 01:04:32 PM
* eo000 puts away the "special" popcorn bucket

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on May 04, 2007, 01:05:35 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on May 04, 2007, 01:04:32 PM
* eo000 puts away the "special" popcorn bucket
Heh. I was going to pick the four-something show.

Beefy

$59 million in one day.  And a weekday no less.

I guess all of the mediocre reviews haven't been too much of a deterrent.

eo000

i liked it, it was good.

i bought the video game, it's pretty fun, too.

Jessie

Bruce Campbell was the best part of the movie.

I liked watching the Sandman when he first became all sandy.

I loved cocky Peter.  heh. cock.  peter.  heh.

I liked the movie despite the fact that I've never seen all of the first two.

Alice

Bruce Campbell is the best part of any movie he's in.

Beefy

Better than I figured.  I wish they had spent more time focusing on Sandman, whose character was more interesting and whose special effects were f*cking amazing.  Venom remained a one-dimensional character, was never as interesting as when Peter had the black suit on, and I'm glad his screen time was short.  Lousy origin for him, too.

ReBurn

Yeah, they should have done much more with Venom. I guess it would have been way too much work Spidey to get the black suit the same way he did in the comics. I think it would have had more credibility if they would have explained the effect the suit would have on him a different way. The way they did it kind of hurt the story in my opinion. I also think there was more that could have been done with New Goblin. What they did was good, but the ending turned me off a bit.

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on May 11, 2007, 10:43:19 PM
Bruce Campbell is the best part of any movie he's in.
He's funny as the narrator of the video games.

Bennyhana

BigDun

I saw it tonight.

Meh.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt