News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Transformers 2: TOO MUCH FUCKING STUFF GOING ON

Started by dots, June 24, 2009, 05:47:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dots

You're an asshole and I hate you.

meredith

I hear it's not only bad, but racist and sexist.

dots

Quote from: hatt on June 24, 2009, 06:01:58 PM
Stereotypical, too.  Very much so.

It was just bad.  It went for the cheap laugh way too much.

I didn't have high hopes for it, but I was hoping to be at least entertained. 

[spoiler]And the person in charge of the super secret elite fighting force blah blah DIED IN THE FIRST FUCKING MOVIE (he died in the first 10 minutes...the one that gave the commands and shit).  They gave him a new name (which is the actor's real last name) and a new title.  Bullshit.[/spoiler]

Bennyhana

if we stop paying to see awful sequels of overblown crap that rapes our childhood memories, perhaps they'll stop making them.

VikingJuice

Quote from: hatt on June 24, 2009, 06:01:58 PM

As much as SWEPI, II, and III were with the Trade Federation guys?

meredith

not so much the trade federation guys, but people are already comparing to Jar Jar Binks in racism and general offensosity.

dots

Quote from: Bennyhana on June 24, 2009, 06:29:11 PM
if we stop paying to see awful sequels of overblown crap that rapes our childhood memories, perhaps they'll stop making them.
I was hoping to at least be entertained...I mean, it's fucking robots that turn into cars. It should be unfuck-upable. I stand corrected.

I haven't been this pissed at a movie since that garbage called Sex in the City. I general never have a strong reaction to a film. Damn.

eo000

i like a lot of movies people say are awful.
i have nothing against over the top explosions.
i don't think michael bay is raping my childhood,
shia has a bit of charisma, and is fun to watch on the screen.
50 feet of megan fox.

sounds like win to me.

VikingJuice

"I mean, I can't s--- on this movie because it did give me a career and open all these doors for me. But I don't want to blow smoke up people's a--. People are well aware that this is not a movie about acting."  -Megan Fox (the hot chick from Transformers)

Saw it today and as much as I want to smack any 23 year old that pops off about their boss, I have to agree with her.  It has NOTHING to do with acting.

The effects were intense and sometimes almost nauseating with all the ridiculous and unnecessary spinning and angled movement shots.  It's not a bad movie if you go in expecting big dumb summer movie.  It was light on plot and heavy on effects.  It was also possibly one of Bay's most explosion laden film ever.  There were easily, easily 300 explosions and that doesn't count when Megan Fox bends over.  That would raise the tally another 50 or so for the auditorium I was in.  :evil:

ReBurn

As far as brainless action flicks go I found it to be stimulating. I'd heard so much bad press about it I thought it would be awful, so I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't any worse than the first one, really.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on July 03, 2009, 09:55:01 PM
As far as brainless action flicks go I found it to be stimulating. I'd heard so much bad press about it I thought it would be awful, so I was pleasantly surprised. It wasn't any worse than the first one, really.

That's about the way I feel.  I was expecting really bad stuff and it was better than that.