News:

20,000th post winners: ReBurninator and Dazie. Enjoy your diseases!

Main Menu

Voltron movie!!

Started by Beef, July 26, 2005, 03:06:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ursus

Stick with Buckaroo Banzai. Nobody wants to fuck with that story.

"No matter where you go, there you are."
BB
I was just wondering...

ReBurn

This proves that god loves me.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

meredith

and I'll form the head.

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ignom

Power Rangers ruined Voltron for me.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

meredith

Quote from: dazie on July 28, 2005, 10:56:28 PM
Quote from: hattmoward on July 28, 2005, 10:55:48 PM
and I'll form the head.

I bet you will.

I'm just one of those go-getter types when it comes to this stuff.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

eo000

pharrell williams is going to be the exec. producer for this movie.

from bet.com
QuotePHARRELL WILLIAMS BECOMES EXECUTIVE PRODUCER FOR THE UPCOMING FILM ADAPTATION OF "VOLTRON: DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE"

Pharrell Williams is jumping into Hollywood with one of his childhood obsessions. Pharrel is executive producer on the upcoming film adaptation of the 1980s giant-robot series "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" and will also produce the soundtrack. The movie's based on a story about five maverick pilots who must travel to the planet Arus and learn to master the Voltron, which is comprised of five smaller robots. The Voltron is Earth's last hope in the fight against the Drule Empire. "Voltron", will compete head-on with executive producer Steven Spielbergs "Transformers".

Beefy

cnamon

Quote from: eo000 on August 03, 2005, 11:14:17 AM
pharrell williams is going to be the exec. producer for this movie.

from bet.com
QuotePHARRELL WILLIAMS BECOMES EXECUTIVE PRODUCER FOR THE UPCOMING FILM ADAPTATION OF "VOLTRON: DEFENDER OF THE UNIVERSE"

Pharrell Williams is jumping into Hollywood with one of his childhood obsessions. Pharrel is executive producer on the upcoming film adaptation of the 1980s giant-robot series "Voltron: Defender of the Universe" and will also produce the soundtrack. The movie's based on a story about five maverick pilots who must travel to the planet Arus and learn to master the Voltron, which is comprised of five smaller robots. The Voltron is Earth's last hope in the fight against the Drule Empire. "Voltron", will compete head-on with executive producer Steven Spielbergs "Transformers".
I love him.

Not for this, but for his music.  I could give two shits about the movie.

meredith

I like Pharrell. Hopefully Voltron doesn't disappoint.

eo000

Jessie

Crap, I forgot that I wanted to get a N.E.R.D. cd.

eo000

i could put both nerd cd's in the dump when i get home, if anyone would like them.

Jessie

Please do.  Hopefully my cd burner will start working right.  It's either broken or I bought a bad batch of cds.

Dry then Catch

is this the "car" voltron.  i liked it better than the lion voltron.  but seriously there were like 5000 cars and 5 lions

cnamon

Quote from: eo000 on August 03, 2005, 11:45:54 AM
i could put both nerd cd's in the dump when i get home, if anyone would like them.
That would be fantastic.  Thanks hon.

meredith

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on August 03, 2005, 11:51:28 AM
is this the "car" voltron.  i liked it better than the lion voltron.  but seriously there were like 5000 cars and 5 lions

I had never even heard of that one...  http://www.voltronforce.com/vvoltron.html

Beefy

Car Voltron kicked ass.

Also, I thought Jessie had no Internet connectivity.

Jessie

I only have internet connectivity and a cd burner at work, not home.

I do still have free cable, though.

eo000

um, i can't find my n.e.r.d. cd's, but i did have my neptunes present...clones. so i tossed that on the dump.

Dry then Catch

can i share something.  i seriously think i had my first sexual thoughts and actions at age 5 with the blue lion princess. 

Beefy

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37977

Is there a way to actually make an enjoyable film out of this?  Better yet, is there a way to make a profitable film out of this?

Transformers did serious bank, but the "characters" were beloved by a generation.  Voltron was never more than a neat concept for kids.  Trying to transplant that into some kind of reality could prove disastrous.  See Speed Racer for an example.

Beefy

Not to mention that while the Transformers were large robots, Voltron was HUGE.  How would you make that work.

They should stick to Robotech instead.