News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

AvP 2

Started by Beefy, August 25, 2007, 08:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Looks like they did it right this time.  Red band trailer = NSFW violence and language

http://www.youtube.com/v/zqpMqpX3z0A

swolt

A clever man commits no minor blunders.

BigDun

Hmm... how many ways can we go stabby-stabby on humans with alien proboscises?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

I loved that game.

DownSouth

Can't be any worse than the first one.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

VikingJuice

Gamplayerx

VikingJuice

So I watched AVP Requiem...  OMG...What a huge flaming pile of shit that was!!

It made Battlefield Earth look like an Oscar Picture.  The plot contrivances were pathetic.  The people who wrote this showed no familiarity with the mythology of the two franchises nor that of the basic action narrative.  Even the CG stuff shows serious signs of incompetence.  Textures were off, image boundaries were obvious, and they repeatedly used some of the same shots just at different sizes to make it appear like a new shot.

On a scale of 1-10 this scores about a negative 25.

Beefy

It was bad.  But I didn't fall asleep during it like the first one, so I'll give it the edge.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on May 17, 2008, 01:52:30 PM
It was bad.  But I didn't fall asleep during it like the first one, so I'll give it the edge.

AVP 1 still had some of the coolness and intrigue of the originals but this one, my God, it was all over the place.  I think they must have had the story board pinned with thumb tacks, then spilled the board on the floor and just replaced everything in complete random order.  It made about that much sense at times.