News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Go Cubbies!

Started by kelbel, April 04, 2005, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

Quote from: kelbel on April 21, 2005, 06:37:24 PM
This is such a sad sad day. I had to remove Nomar from lineup. It does not look good for him. I was doing some reading on what happened to him and all I can say is recover quickly which I doubt will happen.  :(
He tore his groin. there is no quick recovery from that. 3-4 months at the shortest, and that's without surgery.

kelbel

Quote from: eo000 on April 21, 2005, 07:11:34 PM
Quote from: kelbel on April 21, 2005, 06:37:24 PM
This is such a sad sad day. I had to remove Nomar from lineup. It does not look good for him. I was doing some reading on what happened to him and all I can say is recover quickly which I doubt will happen.  :(
He tore his groin. there is no quick recovery from that. 3-4 months at the shortest, and that's without surgery.

Yes I read that he tore his groin away from his bone. That really must of hurt.
:)

kelbel

It is freaking snowing at Wrigley field today. It looks like it stopped for now. I just hope it gets a little warmer here by Wednesday because that is when I am going to Wrigley.

kelbel

Well so far it is not looking good for the game.    >:(

[attachment deleted by admin]

Grumpus

I think this is the year. Cubs are going all the way.  Yoo HOoo!!

kelbel

Quote from: Grumpus on April 25, 2005, 10:13:37 PM
Oh you better be sarcastic in this. I am going to the game on Wed. and it looks like rain and cold. Stat tracker is also sucking tonight as it is not updating my Cubbies. I tell you it is a conspriacy.

Grumpus

Quote from: kelbel on April 25, 2005, 10:17:54 PM
Quote from: Grumpus on April 25, 2005, 10:13:37 PM
Oh you better be sarcastic in this. I am going to the game on Wed. and it looks like rain and cold. Stat tracker is also sucking tonight as it is not updating my Cubbies. I tell you it is a conspriacy.
Cool. I'm going to the O's game on Friday.  I think they have about an equal chance of going to the WS as the Cubs so maybe I'll see ya there.

kelbel

Well the Cubs game was blast. I got to see Derek Lee become the hottest hitter in baseball with his two homers. It was not as cold as I thought it would be. Each time the sun came out the crowd cheered. It was first experience in the bleacher seats. All these years I have been going to Wrigley and I never knew they segreated from the rest of the population of the ball park. It was quite the experience.

Grumpus

WTG Kelbel. Ball games are the fun and glad you had a blast. I'll be sayin hiya to Sammy for ya tomorrow.  ;)

kelbel

Quote from: Grumpus on April 28, 2005, 11:21:42 PM
WTG Kelbel. Ball games are the fun and glad you had a blast. I'll be sayin hiya to Sammy for ya tomorrow.  ;)

Yes going to the game is always the best Sammy can live in Derek's shadow for now. I don't think he will keep up this power but for now, Woot! I have Derek Lee on Fantasy League.    :)

kelbel

I also meant to ask if the game you are going to will be warmer than mine.

Grumpus

Quote from: kelbel on April 28, 2005, 11:54:21 PM
I also meant to ask if the game you are going to will be warmer than mine.
Oh crap!! It may be rained out tomorrow, I hope.  59 Degrees and rain forecasted. If they postpone it till Sat. then there's a big street party with bands next to Camden Yards and I'd like to do both. In Baltimore, there's nothing like going to the game then getting completely blitzed at a street party.  Getting drunk with the possibility of getting mugged is such a rush.

kelbel

It was 55 and the wind blowing out. It sounds like would have fun just going. At Wrigley there are bars galore and just so many different types of people to watch. Cubbie fans I think are the best but I am biased.

kelbel

I tried to post this last night but my phone would not send the pic until now. Oh and the wind was blowing out.

Have fun at the game Grumpus!

[attachment deleted by admin]

kelbel

Hey Grumpus did you get mugged or are you okay? My curious mind needs to know.

cnamon

I went to the Nationals game on Saturday and I had a great time.  It was my first major sports event.

The seats were great...there is not a bad seat in RFK.  We were by the right field foul line...the only complaint is we couldn't see the jumbotron.

The greatest part of the game was the rain delay...the second one was hilarious.  There tarp couldn't be pulled because there was so much rain on it.  Three fans ran on the field to help and security carted them off.  We were all cheering let them go.  We were also cheering the grounds crew on.  It took them nearly an hour to get the tarp on the field.

I think we should all go to a game here...it would be a blast.

eo000

sounds like someone has changed her tune.  :drink:

cnamon

Quote from: eo000 on May 02, 2005, 10:16:13 AM
sounds like someone has changed her tune.  :drink:
And I was totally sober.

I had fun...even though I did walk home in the rain.  I think I will go to a few more games.

Beefy

Watching baseball is only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry. 

eo000

Quote from: Beef on May 02, 2005, 11:43:06 AM
Watching baseball is only slightly more interesting than watching paint dry. 

:lies:
you're just saying that because you throw like a girl. :tsk:

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on May 02, 2005, 11:46:28 AM

And girls throw in a somehow inferior manner?  What are you insinuating?

Jessie

Quote from: Beef on May 02, 2005, 11:54:20 AM

Yeah, you dirty sexist pig.

I totally throw like a girl.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: jessie on May 02, 2005, 12:26:20 PM

Don't tell anyone, but you totally ARE a girl.

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 02, 2005, 12:35:28 PM
Quote from: jessie on May 02, 2005, 12:26:20 PM

Don't tell anyone, but you totally ARE a girl.

:lies:
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Youphoric