News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Lowly Dolphins CRUSH Undefeated Patriots!!

Started by VikingJuice, September 21, 2008, 10:15:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikingJuice

In an epic display of WTF quality football, the Miami Dolphins smashed the New England Patriots at home 38-13!!  I was astounded as the scores kept trickling in in the ticker across the bottom of my TV screen today.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/story/695924.html

Yes, I know the Pats were without Brady.  Yes, I know their backup sucks.  Yes, I know their number 1 running back was out with an injury. And I realize this means virtually zilch to most, if not, all of you, but I've had so few occasions the last 3 years to be happy and proud of my favorite football team. 

The day is mine!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Jessie

I watched the Colts get beaten with 4 seconds left today.

I only watched that last field goal though.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 22, 2008, 12:17:51 AM
My opponent had Brown benched.  :D

Lucky you.  You'd have probably been crushed on the scoreboard otherwise.

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on September 22, 2008, 12:37:35 PM
Quote from: Alice on September 22, 2008, 12:17:51 AM
My opponent had Brown benched.  :D

Lucky you.  You'd have probably been crushed on the scoreboard otherwise.
He'd still be 10 pts down right now, but he'd have one more RB to go.  I had an awesome week this week.

VikingJuice

WOOT!!

Dolphins totally dominated the San Diego Chargers today!!  Held their juggernaut offense to under 200 yards while Ronnie Brown carried for 125 yards and a TD.

In just four games they've improved their win total by 100% over last season.  Sure they only won one game last year, but still 2 in a row is nice.

WOOOOOTTT!!

VikingJuice

Tickets to today's Miami Dolphin/Houston Texan game dropped in my lap earlier in the week.  I'll be in the North endzone wearing a green dolphin jersey  #84 in case you are watching. 

I think we have a reasonable chance of winning against the Texans.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

BigDun

Now that I live in a city with a professional football team, I need to learn how to get free tickets to land in my lap.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Infobahn

Quote from: BigDun on October 12, 2008, 12:16:07 PM
Now that I live in a city with a professional football team, I need to learn how to get free tickets to land in my lap.
Seattle has a PROFESSIONAL football team? ;)

Alice

No kidding.  I would kill to go to a game.

BigDun

Quote from: Infobahn on October 12, 2008, 12:35:03 PM
Seattle has a PROFESSIONAL football team? ;)
Yeah, you would think I could find tickets laying around on the street, abandoned by their owners.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

VikingJuice

I wasn't clear, they landed in my lap after I ponied up $160 for them.  But the offer landed in my lap.

Alas, my Dolphins Defense is indeed over-rated (7 this week).  They were hemorrhaging yards in the passing game all day long.  They made Matt Schaub look like Joe Montana.  It was a fun game but we fell short.

The Texans fans were oh so classy in harassing me mercilessly on the way out.  It wasn't that they were taunting me, but rather the manner in which they did it that made me want to punch some people.  If I weren't so jovial, and needed to avoid arrest for assault as to keep my job, I think I might have been inclined to start a fight in the stairwell because they were so classy.   You'd think they had won by more than one whole point but you can't accuse them of perspective or thinking.

Most of the fans I met were really nice even when Miami blew it.  I sat with a fun section.

VikingJuice

Also, Andre Johnson is a freakin' BEAST!!  Miami had no answer for him today.  They beat on him all day long, forced one fumble, and the dude still had 10 catches for a career high of 178 yards and a TD.

At 6-3, 223lbs and running a 4.35-40 time, the guy is darn near unstoppable when his QB is not sucking hind tit.

VikingJuice

Today the Dolphins locked up a winning season record with an ugly but tough 14-9 win over San Fran.  After finishing 1-15 last year as the laughing stock of the league, this season has been a breath fresh air for me.  It's been an incredible ride that still has a couple more chapters to be worked out.

We're tied for 1st in December for the first time since 2001 and if we win out, we win the division and host a playoff game!  No matter how we finish, it ain't too shabby considering most prognosticators had us pegged for about 4-12 (9-5 currently).

Go fins!!

eo000

Quote from: VikingJuice on December 15, 2008, 12:58:19 AM
No matter how we finish, it ain't too shabby considering most prognosticators had us pegged for about 4-12 (9-5 currently).

Go fins!!
you guys have played great this season. something to be really proud of. me and the lions on the other hand, have sucked. i blame myself, and management.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on December 15, 2008, 06:36:24 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on December 15, 2008, 12:58:19 AM
No matter how we finish, it ain't too shabby considering most prognosticators had us pegged for about 4-12 (9-5 currently).

Go fins!!
you guys have played great this season. something to be really proud of. me and the lions on the other hand, have sucked. i blame myself, and management.

I blame management in your case.  I can't understand how Matt Millen kept his job all these years.  Finally they got the stones to cut him loose. 

The good news, if there is any this year, is that Calvin Johnson has emerged as an incredible player!!

VikingJuice

Hear Ye!  Hear Ye!!

The Miami Dolphins, the lowly, pathetic, laughable, 1 game away from NFL infamy finished 1-15 last year.  But with each new year, hope springs eternal and for just one sweet sweet time, hope actually paid off.

The Miami Dolphins have just completed the most incredible single season turn around you will ever hear about in professional sports.  They started their season with a QB cast off from another team, and climbed to unprecedented heights finishing 11-5 by beating the same exact team that jettisoned their QB in the preseason.

Chad Pennington was tossed in the trash heap of the NFL in August so that sir Favre could take his job and lead the Jets back to prominence.  But a funny thing happened on the way to the Super Bowl, Favre got old and became mortal.  And Pennington got healthy, got a new team, and got surrounded with enough marginal castaway talent, to stick the sharpest dagger in the Jets and Favre today by ending their season in front of the Jets' hometown crowd-the very same crowd that booed Pennington last year when we was knocked from a game late last season and writhed on the field in pain.

To put things in perspective:  The Dolphins have improved by 10 wins from last season.  That kind of turnaround has only happened once in NFL history.  And that 98-99 Colts team that accomplished that feat wasn't starting out in as deep a hole as the 07-08 Dolphins were.  These Dolphins are the ONLY team in NFL history to go 1-15 and then improve by 10 games AND win their division the next year.  Along they way, they set a record for fewest turnovers in a season, a distinction they will share with this year's NY Giants who were last year's SB Champs.

Cinderella has taken up residence in South Beach since August of this past summer.  She has seen her pumpkin carriage threaten evaporate into oblivion time and again only to remain for another week.  Cinderella has managed to win 9 of her last 10 games en route to a three seed in the AFC playoffs.  Next week a brutal match up looms on the horizon and perhaps that carriage will finally go away leaving Cinderella to trudge back to her wicked step-sisters in the offseason but for now, the fantasy lives on for at least one more week.

In truth, I'd have been satisfied with the Dolphins winning only 6 games this year.  5 games of improvement would have been great considering where we came from.  Everything since, all the extra wins, division title and playoff berth, have been pure icing on top of a huge sweet cake.  For me, this has been the most satisfying season of NFL ball since 1992 when the Dolphins took their run all the way to the brink of the SB falling short to Buffalo.

Thank you NY Jets for unloading Pennington. 

Thank you Pennington for finding what Ponce De Leon could not, a fountain of youth in South Florida!!

grace

suppose that i should be excited, but i'm an eagles fan.

Infobahn

Quote from: grace on December 29, 2008, 09:32:03 AM
suppose that i should be excited, but i'm an eagles fan and they are going to lose to the Vikings this weekend.
FTFY

VikingJuice

suppose that i should be excited, but i'm an eagles fan.

You should at least be thrilled by their pantsing of the Cowboys!

grace

Quote from: Infobahn on December 29, 2008, 11:59:06 AM
suppose that i should be excited, but i'm an eagles fan and they are going to lose to the Vikings this weekend.
FTFY

they probably will...and i'd rather go fishing than watch them lose.

VikingJuice

It's half time at and it ain't lookin' good for my Fins.  We're trailing 13-3 and that Ravens D has been smothering at times.  Cinderella's cart may indeed turn pumpkin.  Here's hoping for a better 30 minutes and that my boys find some magic quickly.

VikingJuice

2:56 pm the clock finally struck midnight for the Cinderella Dolphins.  The Ravens treated Miami like roadkill, scraped them off the tires, and ran them over again.

Miami set an NFL record for fewest turnovers in a regular season with 13 and then shot themselves in the feet repeatedly with 5 turnovers in one game today.  And even with a chance to pull within one score late in the forth, a poorly executed end around proved to be the final undoing.  Miami's impossible march from the league doormats to division champs ends 9-27.

It's been a hell of a year. 

grace