News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Road trip to Iowa, anyone?

Started by Jessie, April 28, 2005, 06:48:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Last night I went to see my brother's band play.  Now, I'm not a big fan of the new country sound, but I know talent when I see/hear it.  They've got it.  They were SO good. 

This was only their second time playing out, and they played at Coyote's, which is basically the biggest venue a local country band here can hope to get.  They opened for Craig Morgan, who has had the #1 song on the country charts for five weeks.  I think they were more entertaining than him, but I'm a little biased, and he had really bad hair.

After the show, they had fans lined up for about an hour buying tshirts and cds and asking for autographs from the band.  My brother was on cloud nine.  I don't think he was that happy or proud when his kids were born.

Now here's the really big news.  They're opening for Montgomery Gentry for two shows this summer.  One is in Indiana, and one in Iowa.  I've got to check the dates, because the dates they gave me last night don't match up with the dates on their tour schedule.  Now, like I said, I'm not a fan of most new country, but I know enough to know that these guys are pretty big.  They're certainly a big act to open for on your third time EVER playing out.

Oh, and Dottie, I totally rode the bull last night.  Sober.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

What's your brother's position in the band?

Beefy

Jessie

He's the drummer.  I took some pics with my phone, if they turned out I'll post them.

eo000

nallen

Jessie, I'm concerned, you may have been living outside of the city for too long.  Here you have admitted to going to see country music.   How soon until you are flash your boobs and swilling Coors light?  :fish:

(Sounds great for your brother though, although I don't recognize any of the bands! :) )
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

Again I say YAY FOR JESSIE'S BRO!

And I a so drinking my Haterade...I so want to ride the bull.

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on April 28, 2005, 08:41:53 AM
Again I say YAY FOR JESSIE'S BRO!

And I a so drinking my Haterade...I so want to ride the bull.

The funniest thing is that we decided to do it (me and my sis-in-law) right before we left.  She was drunk, I was sober.

Right when we went to get on, they TURNED ON ALL THE LIGHTS. 

I didn't care and did it anyway.  I probably stayed on for 3 or 4 seconds.

Gamplayerx

Jessie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 28, 2005, 09:19:03 AM
Quote from: jessie on April 28, 2005, 06:56:14 AM
He's the drummer. 
Is he hot?

If I hadn't screwed up my photobucket account, I'd show you.

Weren't you there the night I showed pics of all my brothers and my dad in chat and everyone thought they were all good looking?

Gamplayerx

Um, maybe.  Was it like 9 months ago?

Jessie

Gamplayerx

Quote from: jessie on April 28, 2005, 10:08:00 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on April 28, 2005, 10:06:48 AM
Um, maybe.  Was it like 9 months ago?

Roughly.

Oh, yeah.  I remember it lilke it was yesterday.  Hot!

Bishamonten

Quote from: nallen on April 28, 2005, 07:00:46 AM
Jessie, I'm concerned, you may have been living outside of the city for too long.  Here you have admitted to going to see country music.   How soon until you are flash your boobs and swilling Coors light?  :fish:

(Sounds great for your brother though, although I don't recognize any of the bands! :) )

Yes... uh.. -exactly- how soon?  Please be very specific!

Jessie

Quote from: Bishamonten on April 28, 2005, 10:38:49 AM

I drank a Coors Light last night because my brother had two, and my throat was dry and hurting from cheering for him.

I did not flash my boobs.  Yet.

sapphirehart

Quote from: jessie on April 28, 2005, 10:39:46 AM
Quote from: Bishamonten on April 28, 2005, 10:38:49 AM

I drank a Coors Light last night because my brother had two, and my throat was dry and hurting from cheering for him.

I did not flash my boobs.  Yet.

I'll give you some beads if you'll flash your boobs.