News:

9/7/05- 6 months! How the heck did we miss that date?? And you didn't even remember to get me a gift!

Main Menu

House

Started by Bishamonten, May 25, 2006, 10:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

Easily one of the best shows on basic cable this year. 

Season one was pretty much carried by Hugh Laurie, but by season 2 they really started to change the storylines and give a lot more focus to the secondary characters in the show.  I'm enjoying this show much more than Lost or 24 right now.

cnamon

Holy carp!

Are you reading my mind???  I wanted to start a thread about it because the season finale was damn good.

Bishamonten

Quote from: cnamon on May 25, 2006, 10:48:29 AM
Holy carp!

Are you reading my mind???  I wanted to start a thread about it because the season finale was damn good.

The season finale was fan-fucking-tastic.  I still need to get a copy of Season 1 sent out to Nishi so she can see it.

Listener

Quote from: cnamon on May 25, 2006, 10:48:29 AM
Holy carp!

You can only say that because there's no possible chance one of your nads will explode.

It was actually quite a good finale.  The nested-hallucination style was reminiscent of the STNG episode "Frame of Mind" (where Riker was in the mental hospital).

In a recent episode of "Without a Trace", they did a "lady or the tiger" ending.  We never found out which kid lived and which kid died.  I'm kind of wondering what happened to tongue-guy, since House knew about the case before he got shot.  My guess is it's one of Foreman's guesses from just before Elias Koteas showed up.

And dude, I can't believe that that guy used to be Casey Jones in the TMNT movies.  Must've been a hard ten years.

Mr. Ubiquity

never seen the show..   apparently my life is not complete without it.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Listener

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on May 25, 2006, 11:40:01 AM

Don't feel bad.  I used to not want to watch it but my wife's insistence on starting the tape just as I get home from work got me into it.  Your life won't end without it, but it's still a good show.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Listener on May 25, 2006, 11:53:57 AM

Don't feel bad.  I used to not want to watch it but my wife's insistence on starting the tape just as I get home from work got me into it.  Your life won't end without it, but it's still a good show.

the dripping venomous sarcasm wasnt evident in my remark.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Listener

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on May 25, 2006, 12:59:33 PM
Quote from: Listener on May 25, 2006, 11:53:57 AM

the dripping venomous sarcasm wasnt evident in my remark.

Oh, it was, don't worry.  But I often counter dripping venomous sarcasm with completely-serious statements.

ReBurn

I wasn't a big fan of the finale.  I thought it was a crappy way to set up a cliffhanger, even though we do get a great glimpse of House's genius.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Quote from: ReBurn on May 25, 2006, 02:57:54 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the finale.  I thought it was a crappy way to set up a cliffhanger, even though we do get a great glimpse of House's genius.

I don't know, is it?  For one, you know he's -not- going to die unless they decide to rename the show "House: ZOMBIE Doctor"( which I'm not against ).  I actually think it was a very good finale in that they didn't really give you a big cliffhanger - the only unknown is if the Ketamine treatment will have the effect he thought it would and lessen his pain.  Frankly, I hope it doesn't.  Vicodin addiction has never been sexier! 

Gamplayerx