News:

07/15/05 - Beefy nails the 50,000th post!

Main Menu

Hungry?

Started by DownSouth, July 19, 2006, 01:35:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Jessie

I'm just finishing a big ass chicken taco salad.  So yummy.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

mmmmm...ass chicken
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

swolt

no PBJ. I went and ate bbq. yum
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

dazie

Quote from: swolt on July 20, 2006, 01:17:25 PM
no PBJ. I went and ate bbq. yum

Ditto.  Except I didn't eat indian food.

dazie

Quote from: Miss Molly on July 19, 2006, 07:38:23 PM
Quote from: dazie on July 19, 2006, 06:05:48 PM
Quote from: BigDun on July 19, 2006, 04:49:45 PM
I think it should now be breaded and deep fried. And served with Au Jus on the side.

AIGH.  You've just hit on one of my pet peeves. 

In French, "au jus" means WITH JUICE.  So when restaurants serve stuff "with au jus" they're serving it "with with juice"

Drives me buggy.

Agreed.  But most people can barely speak English.  Can we really expect them to understand the nuances of a second language?

I've been pondering this.  This really isn't about understanding the nuances of a second language, it is about learning what's correct and proper. 

Sure- I can half ass my way through things, talk with mush mouth and poor grammar, eat grapes at the store before they're weighed... but it is wrong.  I can use thru instead of through, ru? instead of Are you? and lots of other things.  Sure- people will understand it, just like they understand that "with au jus" means you get a little bowl of salty broth with your prime rib.  But it isn't proper and that is what bothers me.

swolt

Quote from: dazie on July 20, 2006, 05:46:44 PM
I think it should now be breaded and deep fried. And served with Au Jus on the side.

In French, "au jus" means WITH JUICE.  So when restaurants serve stuff "with au jus" they're serving it "with with juice"

Drives me buggy.

Agreed.  But most people can barely speak English.  Can we really expect them to understand the nuances of a second language?

I've been pondering this.  This really isn't about understanding the nuances of a second language, it is about learning what's correct and proper. 

Sure- I can half ass my way through things, talk with mush mouth and poor grammar, eat grapes at the store before they're weighed... but it is wrong.  I can use thru instead of through, ru? instead of Are you? and lots of other things.  Sure- people will understand it, just like they understand that "with au jus" means you get a little bowl of salty broth with your prime rib.  But it isn't proper and that is what bothers me.

people ask me all the time about the CPU unit. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit. So they are saying "The Central Processing Unit unit."
it drives me crazy.

dazie

Quote from: swolt on July 20, 2006, 05:51:21 PM

Drives me buggy.

people ask me all the time about the CPU unit. CPU stands for Central Processing Unit. So they are saying "The Central Processing Unit unit."
it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 

swolt

Quote from: dazie on July 20, 2006, 05:54:56 PM

Drives me buggy.

it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 
crazy woman

dazie

Quote from: swolt on July 20, 2006, 05:57:20 PM

Drives me buggy.

it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 
crazy woman

Celibate Swolt.

;)

Bennyhana

Quote from: dazie on July 20, 2006, 05:58:58 PM

Drives me buggy.

it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 
crazy woman

Celibate Swolt.

;)

BURN!

Jessie

Quote from: Bennyhana on July 20, 2006, 06:31:24 PM

Drives me buggy.

it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 
crazy woman

Celibate Swolt.

;)

BURN!
Nah, that's the one thing he doesn't have to worry about.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: jessie on July 20, 2006, 08:07:23 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on July 20, 2006, 06:31:24 PM

Drives me buggy.

it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 
crazy woman

Celibate Swolt.

;)

BURN!
Nah, that's the one thing he doesn't have to worry about.
I beg to differ.  He's as pasty and freckly as you.

Alice

swolt

hungry hungry hippo

swolt

Drives me buggy.

it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 
crazy woman

Celibate Swolt.

;)
I'm saving myself.

... for the next girl willing to fuck me

Alice

Quote from: swolt on July 21, 2006, 09:35:50 AM

Drives me buggy.

it drives me crazy.

PIN number. 
crazy woman

Celibate Swolt.

;)
I'm saving myself.

... for the next girl willing to fuck me
Doesn't your mom live next door?

Jessie

Good god.  A coworker brought in tomatoes from his garden.  I made some mac and cheese and green beans and sliced up a tomato...best lunch ever.

Alice

Quote from: jessie on July 21, 2006, 10:59:27 AM
Good god.  A coworker brought in tomatoes from his garden.  I made some mac and cheese and green beans and sliced up a tomato...best lunch ever.
I thought you said tornadoes.

DownSouth

Tomatoes are gross.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

There ain't nothin' in the world like home grown tomatoes.

BigDun

I had Fuddruckers for lunch. Fuddruckers' burgers rock!
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

cnamon

Quote from: BigDun on July 21, 2006, 11:56:49 AM
Are you still in Alexandria?

I am having BBQ chicken.

BigDun

Quote from: Dottie Lou on July 21, 2006, 11:57:27 AM
Quote from: BigDun on July 21, 2006, 11:56:49 AM
Are you still in Alexandria?

Yup. I get to drive back to Delaware around 2:00. Crossing the Bay Bridge should be really fun at 3:00 on a Friday.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt