News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

Ed Norton

Started by cnamon, June 06, 2006, 11:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

He is all kinds of sexy.

Fight Club is also a good movie...it is on FX right now.

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on June 06, 2006, 11:49:30 AM
He is all kinds of sexy.

Fight Club is also a good movie...it is on FX right now.

Don't tell Dazie!

Alice

I think Edward Norton is one of my favorite actors of "my generation".  Yeah, I know he's 10 years older than me... but I think you know what I mean.

dazie

*grin*  He's hot.  Even though the movie you mention holds no interest for me.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bishamonten

He's a good actor, but he's also a spectacular douchebag.  He ended up getting a forced reedit over Tony Kaye to include more screen time for him in American History X.  Fucked Tony Kaye completely over.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on June 06, 2006, 01:32:13 PM
He's a good actor, but he's also a spectacular douchebag.  He ended up getting a forced reedit over Tony Kaye to include more screen time for him in American History X.  Fucked Tony Kaye completely over.

This is true.  However, I feel I should point out that is was known industry wide that Tony Kaye was turning the film into a piece of crap.  He wanted to go out on the streets and interview people about racism and splice that into the film at various moments.  He was also considering going non-linear with the story, as well reshooting svereal sequences because he couldn't make up his mind. Now, should he have the right as director to do that?  Yes and no.  On one hand, let him do the job he was hired for.  Conversely, the studio is the one funding it, and so if they think Kaye is out of his mind, they have a right to step in and protect their interests.  The truth is, ultimately, that it is likely that while all parties were doing what they felt was right, all also acted like douchebags.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Alice on June 06, 2006, 12:51:25 PM
I think Edward Norton is one of my favorite actors of "my generation".  Yeah, I know he's 10 years older than me... but I think you know what I mean.

QFT and he got to be with Salma Hayek.

Seriously, what range of roles for an actor.  Will Smith should take some notes.

Listener

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on June 06, 2006, 04:35:23 PM

Seriously, what range of roles for an actor.  Will Smith should take some notes.

Really?  But Will Smith is so nuanced!  In Men In Black, he played the funny, wisecracking black guy who saved the world, and in ID4 he played the funny wisecracking black guy who saved the world, and in Jersey Girl he played the funny, wisecracking black guy who saved (no, not the world) Ben Affleck's relationship with his kid, and in Bad Boys & Bad Boys 2 he played the funny, wisecracking black guy... who...

Oh, you get my point.

He really is pretty funny, though.

dazie

Quote from: Listener on June 07, 2006, 08:20:50 PM

Really?  But Will Smith is so nuanced!  In Men In Black, he played the funny, wisecracking black guy who saved the world, and in ID4 he played the funny wisecracking black guy who saved the world, and in Jersey Girl he played the funny, wisecracking black guy who saved (no, not the world) Ben Affleck's relationship with his kid, and in Bad Boys & Bad Boys 2 he played the funny, wisecracking black guy... who...

Oh, you get my point.

And hot.  Yay for hot guys.

Gamplayerx

I like Will Smith.  I like Ed Norton.  But I only like Selma Hayek in that stupid movie with the guy from Friends.

(I really like that stupid movie.  Blanking on the name.)

(QUIT JUDGING ME!)

dazie

ReBurn

I liked Will Smith and Salma Hayek in Wild, Wild, West.  Yep.  I'm the guy that liked that movie.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: dazie on June 07, 2006, 09:58:44 PM
Fools Rush In.
Yes!!  Thank you.  Stupid movie, bad acting, cheesy, stereotypical, bad acting, predictable, bad acting.  I love it.

Oh!  I forgot about Wild, Wild West.  That was semi-fun.  Not as goodbad as Fools Rush In, though.

DownSouth

Hi Chewy, I'm Luke Skywalker.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Will Smith was in Jersey Girl?

DownSouth

Quote from: Beefy on June 08, 2006, 09:36:33 AM
Yeah.  He played himself when Affhoo went for a job interview.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

eo000

Quote from: DownSouth on June 08, 2006, 09:39:28 AM
Yeah.  He played himself when Affhoo went for a job interview.
you an angeloti man?

Jessie

I don't remember that, either.  I try my best to forget that movie.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

DownSouth

I like that movie.

eo000

VikingJuice

Oh, you get my point.

It's actually spelled SMIFF.  Just keepin' it real yo.

Alice

Quote from: Vikingjuice on June 09, 2006, 03:53:24 PM

Oh, you get my point.

It's actually spelled SMIFF.  Just keepin' it real yo.
Fo sheezy.

eo000