News:

"I'd rather regret the things I have done than the things I have not." --Lucille Ball

Main Menu

A movie that might be Heavy Metal, but might not

Started by Listener, November 11, 2005, 02:39:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Okay, here's a toughie.

When I was about 9, my dad and I were watching this animated film on Showtime.  Here is all I remember:

* The main character was the Bruce-Willis-type -- grizzled, balding, gruff.
* In the beginning, there's a blind kid who does SOMETHING to help the main character.
* The main character obtains a silver female robot.
* At some point, the main character has to reprogram the robot's personality settings, which are for some reason in a panel in her robot ass, so he puts her over his knee and goes to work with some tools inside her ass panel.  Afterward, she is much friendlier.

That's all I remember.

Any guesses?  Because I'm 100% stumped.  Having never seen Heavy Metal, I don't know if that's it, but it might be.

Beefy

I've seen Heavy Metal, but didn't find it memorable enough to retain.  Sorry.

Jessie

I've seen Heavy Metal, too.  It was on a couple of months ago.  I don't really remember the plot, but that sounds like it could be it.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

from imdb:

An astronaut brings home a glowing green orb for his daughter. However, the orb kills him and corners the girl for its purposes. Claiming to the embodiment of all evil, the malevolent sphere, known as the Loc-Nar, terrorizes the little girl by showing a series of bizarre and fantastic tales it has influenced. The first is "Harry Canyon," a cynical taxi driver in a squalid futuristic New York who finds himself involved with a damsel in distress who is relentlessly pursued by murderous thugs who desire the Loc-Nar her archaeologist father found. The second is "Den" which chronicles the adventures of a nerdish boy who is thrown into the fantasy world of Neverwhere, where he is transformed into a studly naked muscle-man, desired by beautiful women, who must get involved in a conflict revolving around possession of the Loc-Nar. The third is "Captain Sternn" where the title character is a handsome but irredeemable scoundrel who stands accused in a trial that Loc-Nar throws into chaos. The fourth is "B-17", where a World War II bomber plane limps home after a bombing run, only to have the Loc-Nar ram into it and revive the dead crew members as murderous zombies. The next is "So Beautiful, So Dangerous" where a buxom secretary at the Pentagon is abducted by stoned alien wastrels and a oversexed robot. The final story is "Taarna", where the Loc-Nar has to come to a future Earth and changes a peaceful people into a horde of murderous barbarians who rampage with genocidal zeal. Only the last Tarackian, a silent swords-woman known as Taarna, can avenge the victims and stop the Loc-Nar.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on November 11, 2005, 03:45:35 PM
from imdb:

An astronaut brings home a glowing green orb for his daughter. However, the orb kills him and corners the girl for its purposes. Claiming to the embodiment of all evil, the malevolent sphere, known as the Loc-Nar, terrorizes the little girl by showing a series of bizarre and fantastic tales it has influenced. The first is "Harry Canyon," a cynical taxi driver in a squalid futuristic New York who finds himself involved with a damsel in distress who is relentlessly pursued by murderous thugs who desire the Loc-Nar her archaeologist father found. The second is "Den" which chronicles the adventures of a nerdish boy who is thrown into the fantasy world of Neverwhere, where he is transformed into a studly naked muscle-man, desired by beautiful women, who must get involved in a conflict revolving around possession of the Loc-Nar. The third is "Captain Sternn" where the title character is a handsome but irredeemable scoundrel who stands accused in a trial that Loc-Nar throws into chaos. The fourth is "B-17", where a World War II bomber plane limps home after a bombing run, only to have the Loc-Nar ram into it and revive the dead crew members as murderous zombies. The next is "So Beautiful, So Dangerous" where a buxom secretary at the Pentagon is abducted by stoned alien wastrels and a oversexed robot. The final story is "Taarna", where the Loc-Nar has to come to a future Earth and changes a peaceful people into a horde of murderous barbarians who rampage with genocidal zeal. Only the last Tarackian, a silent swords-woman known as Taarna, can avenge the victims and stop the Loc-Nar.

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

dazie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 11, 2005, 03:50:01 PM
Quote from: dazie on November 11, 2005, 03:45:35 PM
from imdb:

:loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser: :loser:

Are you talkin' to ME?
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Listener

I don't think it was Heavy Metal, then.

Anyone else got any ideas?

ignom

I can't find it right now, and I have to leave, but I know the movie. It's called Orion something. I used to have a copy when I was a kid.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Listener

Quote from: ignom on November 11, 2005, 06:08:44 PM
I can't find it right now, and I have to leave, but I know the movie. It's called Orion something. I used to have a copy when I was a kid.

Rock on.  If you recall it, by all means I will be welcoming of the title.

Listener

Starchaser actually looks like it has two of the correct characters.

I must investigate.

Gamplayerx

I never saw Heavy Metal.  My boyfriend took my best friend to see it when there was some special showing of it with beer and stuff and I was away at college.  Pissed me off.

Gamplayerx

Um.  Not the original showing of the movie, I'm not that creaky.  Like a Rocky Horror revival thingie.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.