News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

4-0

Started by Alice, October 01, 2006, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on January 16, 2007, 12:47:23 PM
I'm happy for the Saints and all.  Hurricane Katrina, first season back, blah blah blah.  Too bad they're not getting a fairytale ending.  Mostly because of Hurricane Urlacher and Hurricane Briggs.

Not to mention Tropical Storms Hillenmeyer, Benson, and Jones.  As long as Tropical Depression Grossman doesn't make landfall, the bears have a good chance.

Alice

Tsunami Benson. 

He can flyyyyyy...

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 16, 2007, 02:54:38 PM
Tsunami Benson. 

He can flyyyyyy...

A friend of mine sent me the Bears fight song in Mp3 form this morning.  I'd never heard it before. Now your running tag makes Sooooo much more sense to me.  I wasn't getting the significance before.

Infobahn

Saints 31 - Bears 24

VikingJuice

I don't think it matters much what the Saints do or don't do, as much as what Rex Grossman does or doesn't do.  He is the pivot point for this whole football game.  If he plays to his capability, the Bears are the better team.  If he plays to his New Year's Eve capability, the Bears won't have enough to overcome his mistakes.

And please don't think that this is the Bears team from early in the season.  They are not.  They are missing Pro-bowlers Mike Brown at safety and Tommie Harris at defensive tackle.  That makes them go from stellar to vulnerable.

I predict Bears 31 Saints 20.

eo000

i'm hoping for a terrorist. if there's anything more annoying than a white sox fan, it's a bears fan.

I'M KIDDING.

Alice

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 16, 2007, 07:05:22 PM
I don't think it matters much what the Saints do or don't do, as much as what Rex Grossman does or doesn't do.  He is the pivot point for this whole football game. 
We've won plenty of games where Rex wasn't doing his best.  That's the reason the Bears are such a good team - we don't rely on just one or two star players like most teams out right now.  If one player isn't having their best game, the rest tend to pick up the slack. 

HELIX

i am predicting 31-17 the aints.
would predict 24-2 the aints but it may anger alice.
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 18, 2007, 09:21:20 AM
Quote from: VikingJuice on January 16, 2007, 07:05:22 PM
I don't think it matters much what the Saints do or don't do, as much as what Rex Grossman does or doesn't do.  He is the pivot point for this whole football game. 
We've won plenty of games where Rex wasn't doing his best.  That's the reason the Bears are such a good team - we don't rely on just one or two star players like most teams out right now.  If one player isn't having their best game, the rest tend to pick up the slack. 

I'd have agreed with you early in the season but the current defense isn't as strong as it was early on and the special teams have made a few mistakes of late with Devin Hester putting the ball on the ground a number of times in the last 3 games.  All I'm saying is that at this point, with special teams and defense weakened mostly by injury, that Rex can still wreck this team beyond repair.  You just gotta hope for the Dr. Jekyl and not Mr. Hyde.

Alice

Meh, I'm not too worried.  If we get the first score of the game, we've got the whole thing won.

Alice

I hope Cedric Benson scores the winning TD for the Bears. :D

DownSouth

I hope they do the Super Bowl shuffle.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: Tootie on January 19, 2007, 01:29:39 PM
Jim Mcmahon is too cool.

http://www.webwaymonsters.com/85bears/shuffle.html
I remember when he used to do backflips.  He was cool... dammit.

Beefy

That was such a great team.  They had such great personality.  So much better than most of what you get today.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on January 19, 2007, 01:37:10 PM
That was such a great team.  They had such great personality.  So much better than most of what you get today.
I agree.  I don't think there will ever be another team like the '85 bears.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on January 19, 2007, 01:38:09 PM
Quote from: Beefy on January 19, 2007, 01:37:10 PM
I agree.  I don't think there will ever be another team like the '85 bears.

I watched them much of that season.  I was really impressed with them because they were a team that people actually feared.  FEARED!!  You could see it in Tony Eason's face on the first series of the football game.  He got hit hard on like the second or third play and he came back to the sidelines a few seconds later and his eyes were GIGANTIC.  The game was over from that moment.  He played like a 10 year old running from the milkmoney bully.

By the way, I can sing all the lyrics to the SB Shuffle along with the record.

ReBurn

I wish I still had Joe Montana Sports Talk Football for the Sega Genesis.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

VikingJuice

Quote from: ReBurn on January 20, 2007, 12:06:07 AM
I wish I still had Joe Montana Sports Talk Football for the Sega Genesis.

That was a good game and so was the Bill Walsh college football game.  It was the first video game where you could run the option play like in real college ball.

VikingJuice

It's official, the nation Bears down as the Bears' D rolls.  Congrats Chi-town and congrats Alice!!! 

PS.  I will be posting the Superbowl Shuffle on the dump soon.

DownSouth

That first half got a little scary.  I know you will all hate me because I'm a NE fan.  When I started watching football I lived in New England and never lost the love.  So suck it!

VikingJuice

Quote from: Tootie on January 21, 2007, 06:32:56 PM
That first half got a little scary.  I know you will all hate me because I'm a NE fan.  When I started watching football I lived in New England and never lost the love.  So suck it!

I hope NE eats a big nasty shit burger today!!!  Go Colts!!!

Beefy

It's Pats vs. Colts?

GO PATS

Bennyhana

I hope the colts win, too, mainly because Bill Bellichick scares me.  And also because my boss is a Pat's fan, and I don't need that tension between us.

DownSouth

Quote from: VikingJuice on January 21, 2007, 06:36:01 PM
Quote from: Tootie on January 21, 2007, 06:32:56 PM

I hope NE eats a big nasty shit burger today!!!  Go Colts!!!
Turd!