News:

A child can go only so far in life without potty training. It is not mere coincidence that six of the last seven presidents were potty trained, not to mention nearly half of the nation's state legislators.

Main Menu

4-0

Started by Alice, October 01, 2006, 11:50:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

EFF YOU STUPID GROSSMAN.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on November 26, 2006, 08:05:02 PM
EFF YOU STUPID GROSSMAN.

I think he's still a better option than Griese or Orton.  You gotta remember, he's young.  This is only his first season to start for the full year.  In a sense, he's like a rookie at the end of his first season.  This is what....his 14th or 15th total start in the pros?  Cut the guy some slack.  And it's not like the Pats are patsies.

You're still the favorites to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

Bennyhana

Quote from: YourMom(VJ) on November 26, 2006, 08:34:48 PM
Quote from: Alice on November 26, 2006, 08:05:02 PM
EFF YOU STUPID GROSSMAN.

I think he's still a better option than Griese or Orton.  You gotta remember, he's young.  This is only his first season to start for the full year.  In a sense, he's like a rookie at the end of his first season.  This is what....his 14th or 15th total start in the pros?  Cut the guy some slack.  And it's not like the Pats are patsies.

You're still the favorites to represent the NFC in the Superbowl.

Yeah, but that will change if they can't win key games against good teams.  They should've won this game.  A lot went their way, but the offense failed to step up and get it done.  I'm kind of stunned at what's happened to the offense in the second half of the season.  And in the last couple of weeks, it's like Grossman has lost all sort of accuracy in his arm.  They need to get him back to the way he looked in the first month of the season.

Alice

Griese is a much better QB than Grossman - but Griese isn't the Bears "future".  Hence them playing him a lot.  But that last pass?  Christ... that was 100% Grossman's fault.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Alice on November 26, 2006, 09:24:14 PM
Griese is a much better QB than Grossman - but Griese isn't the Bears "future".  Hence them playing him a lot.  But that last pass?  Christ... that was 100% Grossman's fault.

Agreed.  I'm not saying they should replace Grossman just yet.  They just need to figure out how to get him to play as well as he did in the first 4 games.  And yes, that last pass, like several others, was terrible.

Gamplayerx

Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.
Griese is the way we are feeling.

(I have no idea who Griese is, but still - if I'm going to suffer, so are you all)

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 26, 2006, 09:42:19 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

(I have no idea who Griese is, but still - if I'm going to suffer, so are you all)

I don't get it

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 26, 2006, 09:47:56 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it
What?  You're a theater guy.  Wait - is it pronounced like grice instead of grease?

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 26, 2006, 09:49:09 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it
What?  You're a theater guy.  Wait - is it pronounced like grice instead of grease?

It's pronounced gree-see.  Like french fries.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Bennyhana

Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it

Sorry, I don't do crappy shows.

And it's pronounced "Greasy."  Which he's not.

Okay, I do crappy shows, but I just happen to hate that one.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Bennyhana on November 26, 2006, 09:53:11 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it

Well, you're a loony.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 26, 2006, 10:41:19 PM
Quote from: Bennyhana on November 26, 2006, 09:53:11 PM
Griese is the word.

It's got grove.
It's got meaning.
Griese is the time,
is the place,
is the motion.

I don't get it

Well, you're a loony.

Theatre is different things to different people.  To some, it's paying 80 bucks to be in the second balcony of a massive show that has a million dollar set budget.  To others, it's paying 10 bucks to see a show in a tiny storefront with a stage smaller than my bedroom that has no budget for anything and is way too abstract for anyone who wasn't in rehearsal for the show to understand.

I'm somewhere in the middle.  I think that the set budget should be enough to employ me, and the show should be enjoyable to watch, but the audience should leave thinking about something as well. 

I am loony indeed.

VikingJuice

This just in...............Devin Hester is pretty good!!

For those not in the know, he scored 2 TD's last night on kick returns breaking the NFL record for TD returns in a single season with 6.  Oh, and he's a rookie.  WOW!!

swolt

man what a game. I thought the Seahawks were gonna pull it off but the Bears showed they still have a killer defense and shut down Hasselback in the 4th. I'll be pulling for the Saints to upset Chicago next week but if the Bears make it to the Superbowl I'll be rooting for them. I think they earned it.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

DownSouth

Thomason just made a hell of a run for Seattle.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Infobahn

Quote from: Baby in a corner on January 14, 2007, 06:07:03 PM
Thomason just made a hell of a run for Seattle.

Did you mean San Diego?

Alice

Bear down, Chicago Bears!  Make every play clear the way to victory!!!

VikingJuice

Next week's game looks incredible.  Great offense versus great defense.  It'll be a classic duel of strength against strength.  I can't wait.

Alice

I said it would be Colts vs. Bears in the bowl since game 1.  Let's see if I'm right...

I am really nervous about next week's game though.

HELIX

Quote from: Alice on January 14, 2007, 10:04:50 PM
I said it would be Colts vs. Bears in the bowl since game 1.  Let's see if I'm right...

I am really nervous about next week's game though.

the aints are going to spank da bears!   :P
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

Alice

I really hope it snows...

HELIX

Quote from: Alice on January 14, 2007, 10:41:09 PM
I really hope it snows...

that would definitely help.
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

Alice

I want it to be Sunday already!  I'm so excited.

Prediction:  Bears - 28  Saints - 13

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on January 16, 2007, 12:20:30 PM
I want it to be Sunday already!  I'm so excited.

Prediction:  Bears - 28  Saints - 13
Just to play devil's advocate, I'll say the Saints are going to take it this weekend.

Oh, and it will be the Saints and the Colts at the end.

Take it from me, because I never watch football.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Alice

I'm happy for the Saints and all.  Hurricane Katrina, first season back, blah blah blah.  Too bad they're not getting a fairytale ending.  Mostly because of Hurricane Urlacher and Hurricane Briggs.