News:

Two rules to success in life: 1. Don't tell people everything you know.

Main Menu

For you Jericho fans

Started by Beefy, May 20, 2007, 09:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Infobahn

They canceled "The Class" as well.

Stupid CBS

Beefy

To be fair, I quit watching the show after six episodes because it was the exact same story every single week.  To read that summation in the link, it sounds like they finally started going somewhere, but it may have been too late for the coveted youth demographic.

Beefy

eo000

Gamplayerx

ain't it cool readers' posts are super sweet

Gamplayerx

Jonmori got an e-mail about it.  There was a p.s. that said

p.s. Please stop sending us nuts.  :-)

Which I thought was rather funny.

dazie

I wish the Firefly campaign had been as successful.  :(
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

eo000

Beefy

Season 2 began tonight, for all you fans.  Hope you caught it.

dazie

Caught it?  I LIVE IT!

(not really.  I live in Lawrence, not North Lawrence, or "Jericho" as they like to call it now)
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

eo000

I did catch it, and it's just as good as when it left. whew.

DownSouth

Sci fi is playing the last season.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

CANCELLED REDUX?!?

Stupid CBS

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 24, 2008, 06:39:52 PM
CANCELLED REDUX?!?

Stupid CBS

Stupid all the way around.  Tons of people petition to get it back on and then... don't watch. 

Or they watch, but since they can't be bothered to have to view commercials, they TiVo it to watch later, which doesn't get counted by Nielsens.  Or they watch online, which also isn't counted.  Granted, the TV studios ought to change the ways they track viewership in the modern era, but this paradigm has been in place a looong time and if Jericho's viewers really wanted it to stick around then they should have played ball in the old fashioned way and sat their asses down in the front of the tube at the properly scheduled time, commercials and all.

eo000

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2008, 06:46:23 PM
CANCELLED REDUX?!?

Stupid CBS

Stupid all the way around.  Tons of people petition to get it back on and then... don't watch. 

Or they watch, but since they can't be bothered to have to view commercials, they TiVo it to watch later, which doesn't get counted by Nielsens.  Or they watch online, which also isn't counted.  Granted, the TV studios ought to change the ways they track viewership in the modern era, but this paradigm has been in place a looong time and if Jericho's viewers really wanted it to stick around then they should have played ball in the old fashioned way and sat their asses down in the front of the tube at the properly scheduled time, commercials and all.

Wait, if you don't watch a commercial you don't count in the ratings?  If so, how do they track your commercial viewing? 

DownSouth

I was just getting caught up.  Assholes!
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on March 24, 2008, 06:46:23 PM
CANCELLED REDUX?!?

Stupid CBS

How many people have Tivos?  How many people watch TV online?  Now, how many people have nielsen boxes?

I don't think the problem is with the viewing public, the problem is that TV people are too stupid to realize that their ratings can become both easier and more accurate.

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on March 25, 2008, 09:41:50 AM
How many people have Tivos?  How many people watch TV online?  Now, how many people have nielsen boxes?

According to the article I read in Daily Variety, at least a good third of Jericho's total audience.

Gamplayerx