News:

11/9/05: Bennyhana hits the 100,000th post. Way to go, Benny! Your real doll should arrive shortly.

Main Menu

Resident Evil: Extinction

Started by Alice, September 23, 2007, 09:32:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

BigDun

Wait, you went to a movie instead of watching the Cowboys play the Bears?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Alice

Saw it on Friday.  I'm watching the game now - only get to see the 2nd half because I was flying home during the first half.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 23, 2007, 09:49:41 PM
Saw it on Friday.  I'm watching the game now - only get to see the 2nd half because I was flying home during the first half.

There weren't any theaters near by showing that shitty sequel?

Alice

Nope.  Had to fly all the way to VA just to see it.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on September 23, 2007, 09:32:55 PM
I hated it.  It sucked.

After the masterpiece that was the 2nd film?!  NO WAY!

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on September 24, 2007, 06:39:19 AM
I hated it.  It sucked.

I know.  Hard to believe.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on September 24, 2007, 07:57:03 AM
I hated it.  It sucked.

Did you have a nice trip at least?

Alice

Yeah, after the first day of hell - my trip was great.  Thanks. :)

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on September 24, 2007, 08:18:02 AM

How did the pigmentation thing end up?  Hopefully a non-issue.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on September 24, 2007, 08:23:51 AM
Quote from: Alice on September 24, 2007, 08:18:02 AM

How did the pigmentation thing end up?  Hopefully a non-issue.
Oh yeah, total non issue.  We giggled about how I make him look black now, but that's about it.

eo000

oh, haha, you're black. soo funny.

racist.

Alice

ReBurn

I hated it.  It sucked.

I've had the second one on Blu-Ray disc for two months, but I've never even opened it. That's how much I want to preserve this classic.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on September 24, 2007, 08:54:22 AM
I hated it.  It sucked.

I've had the second one on Blu-Ray disc for two months, but I've never even opened it. That's how much I want to preserve this classic.
This seems as good a place as any for this.  Will somebody please explain to me what Blu-Ray is?

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 10, 2007, 11:32:46 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on September 24, 2007, 08:54:22 AM
I hated it.  It sucked.

This seems as good a place as any for this.  Will somebody please explain to me what Blu-Ray is?

QuoteThe name Blu-ray Disc is derived from the blue-violet laser used to read and write this type of disc. Because of its shorter wavelength (405 nm), substantially more data can be stored on a Blu-ray Disc than on the DVD format, which uses a red (650 nm) laser. A single layer Blu-ray Disc can store 25 gigabytes (GB), over five times the size of a single layer DVD at 4.7 GB. A dual layer Blu-ray Disc can store 50 GB, almost six times the size of a dual layer DVD at 8.5 GB.

Blu-ray was developed by the Blu-ray Disc Association, a group of leading companies representing consumer electronics, computer hardware, and motion picture production. The standard is covered by several patents belonging to different companies. As of March 2007, a joint licensing agreement for all the relevant patents has not yet been finalized.[1]

As of November 25, 2007, 415[2] titles have been released on Blu-ray Disc in the United States (32 of those titles have since been discontinued). As of October 9, 2007, 179 titles have been released in Japan, with 55 titles planned for release.[3]

The Blu-ray standard is currently in a format war with its rival HD DVD, to determine which (if either) of the two formats will become the leading carrier for high-definition content to consumers.

Gamplayerx

Ah.  I presume you need a completely new player for them, huh?

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 10, 2007, 11:45:09 AM
Ah.  I presume you need a completely new player for them, huh?
You are correct.

Gamplayerx

Thanks for the info!  Guess I'll go back to ignoring blu-ray.  :)

Jessie

If I were you, I'd at least wait til I figured out how to use my dvd player.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

It was broken, damnit!! Plus, I swear guys get some sort of ego boost from having lots and lots of different remotes.

Jessie

The remote for my dvd player is missing, so all we can do is push play and hope that it's in the right language. 

Friday night we watched Spaceballs with French subtitles.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 10, 2007, 12:21:03 PM
It was broken, damnit!! Plus, I swear guys get some sort of ego boost from having lots and lots of different remotes.

Really, it's because the so-called "Universal remotes" never work exactly as you want them to.  There's always some component or feature of some component that you'd like to be able to use which the universal remote, for some reason, is incapable of doing.  There's also the problem that a universal remote complicated enough to run all of your components is so complicated itself that it's simpler to just use separate remotes.

So that's that.  Why do women not know how to figure out brands and models of things?  I swear it seems Handbags and Shoes are the only things they don't see as a blur of color.

/generalizations are fun!

Gamplayerx

Bennyhana

Gamplayerx

:-*

Also, I just now realized that I was confusing Resident Evil with Evil Dead in my mind.  I've never seen Resident Evil.  Or Evil Dead.  Or Resident Evil: Extinction.  I did see Evil Dead 2, though.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 10, 2007, 06:13:07 PM

Also, I just now realized that I was confusing Resident Evil with Evil Dead in my mind.  I've never seen Resident Evil.  Or Evil Dead.  Or Resident Evil: Extinction.  I did see Evil Dead 2, though.

That kind of confusion could be the ending to our friendship.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on December 10, 2007, 06:41:20 PM

Does it help even a teeny bit that I've seen Evil Dead 2?  And that I know who you named your dog after?

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on December 10, 2007, 06:44:56 PM
Quote from: Alice on December 10, 2007, 06:41:20 PM

Does it help even a teeny bit that I've seen Evil Dead 2?  And that I know who you named your dog after?
Yes, that will make up for most of it.  And the Lain hat still makes up for the rest.  So we're cool.

Gamplayerx