News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Alien v. Predator

Started by Gamplayerx, August 06, 2005, 10:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

Grumpus is making me watch this since he used it in a photoshop recently and we've never seen it.  Thespians!

Here's his entry:

From this contest:  Photoshop this hulking orange pipey thing

The things I do for love.

Gamplayerx

UPDATE:  Grumpus liked the movie.  He thinks he liked Predator 2 a little better, but he liked this more than the original Predator.

Yes, he's insane.

ReBurn

Insane?  I totally understand.  I must vote for the Grumpus.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Dry then Catch

grumpus is a hell of a PSer

Beefy

His bee Photoshop made me snort.

Gamplayerx

He has a bee photoshop?  I can't keep track of what he's doing anymore.  He's obsessed.

DownSouth

Me and Youph saw this in the theater.  Nothing impressive.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on August 08, 2005, 09:20:18 AM
Me and Youph saw this in the theater.  It was the most boring piece of crap I've ever seen.

DownSouth

Quote from: Beefy on August 08, 2005, 09:23:09 AM
Quote from: DownSouth on August 08, 2005, 09:20:18 AM
Me and Youph saw this in the theater.  It was the most boring piece of crap I've ever seen.
Pretty much.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bishamonten

One of the worst films I've ever seen.  Ranks up there with "Stealth".  They tried to mix too manythings.  If they'd have just made the original graphic novel into a movie it would have been very good.

Alice

The night after I saw this movie, Bruce caught a bee and ate it.

It took all my strength not to get some acid and carve that symbol on his forhead.

Mr. Ubiquity

anyone help me with this.....

First alien movie, when the acid spills on to the floor it eats through around 4 deck floors of the Nostromo with out missing a beat.

Next movie when Drake gets sprayed by the acid he sizzles like bacon in a frying pan.

AVP he NEATLY and VERY EASILY draws a design in her skin with NO problem like hes using a pencil and paper? 

Has the acid weakened to the point from movie to movie that its so diluted it carried no strength?  If you base it on the other movies, it should have eaten its way through her face to the other side causing her serious agony...

Or is it because shes a hot lead chick and movie chicks can only be artistically flawed??
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

VikingJuice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 06, 2005, 10:01:50 PM
Grumpus is making me watch this since he used it in a photoshop recently and we've never seen it.  Thespians!

Here's his entry:

From this contest:  Photoshop this hulking orange pipey thing

The things I do for love.

Did he photo shop this entire image?  If so, that's spectacular stuff!!

Gamplayerx

No.  He found the alien and predator picture, lightened them, copied, cropped and added the hulking orange pipey thing, added the lens flare (my contribution), and made the pictures.

VikingJuice

Okay, I just watched this again I have to say, with mild shame, I still liked it a lot.  I didn't have any expectations going in the first time other than cool alien tension and even now, the film still entertains me.  I might have chosen some different plot lines and certainly would have chosen better actors, but the overall film still amused me.

Beefy

They released an "unrated" version of it the other day.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on November 26, 2005, 09:40:31 AM

and what did that show? or have you not seen ?
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 26, 2005, 12:08:39 PM

It took me three days to get through the film the first time I watched it due to boredom.  I'm not going to try again.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Beefy on November 26, 2005, 01:35:30 PM
Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 26, 2005, 12:08:39 PM

It took me three days to get through the film the first time I watched it due to boredom.  I'm not going to try again.

yeah, a bad mix for two good movie franchises.   If the acting was better, the underground pyramid wasnt in existance.  (first flash of that scene shows an outdoor scene in a jungle environment, then present day is bried under how much ice in antarctica???  uhhh.. no. i dont think so.
then the lead female befriends the predator ( whos acting is way sub par to sigourney weaver)

BUT i do like the preds and the aliens so it was ok.

swolt

meh to all you nah sayers!

This movie kicked so much ass. I want to see the unrated version.

How can you not think the best line evar is Bishop saying "Don't turn your back on me!"
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

VikingJuice

I actually thought the idea of putting a pyramid under the ice in Antarctica was pretty ingenious.  It's entirely possible that there could be some sort of history under that ice but I would be the chances of it being human history are pretty slim given when Pangea existed and how much later in time mankind first came onto the scene.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Vikingjuice on November 27, 2005, 12:29:28 AM
I actually thought the idea of putting a pyramid under the ice in Antarctica was pretty ingenious.  It's entirely possible that there could be some sort of history under that ice but I would be the chances of it being human history are pretty slim given when Pangea existed and how much later in time mankind first came onto the scene.

i dont doubt that its possible, its just in the movie they showed it as a thriving JUNGLE civilization then they show it frozen over.   I think it would be an awesome discovery to find that their was a thriving culture there (penguins aside) but then if we do, we will have another place on earth that will get turned into a **** pile with trash and waste and in general humanity polluting it.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on November 29, 2005, 09:49:51 AM
Quote from: Vikingjuice on November 27, 2005, 12:29:28 AM

i dont doubt that its possible, its just in the movie they showed it as a thriving JUNGLE civilization then they show it frozen over.   I think it would be an awesome discovery to find that their was a thriving culture there (penguins aside) but then if we do, we will have another place on earth that will get turned into a **** pile with trash and waste and in general humanity polluting it.

That's not as far-fetched as it may sound.  There is a particular theory that comes to mind that has gained considerable strength in the last few years that states that it is possible that continental drift can occasionally occur in very quick shifts rather than very slow gradual ones.  It flies totally in the face of current accepted tectonic models. I don't know how much proof exists, but the theory holds that occasionally, due to internal thermodynamics with both magma and the Earth's core, and with periodic fluxuations in magnetic fields, that the continental plates can slide as much as 100 or so degrees from their current positions which would make possible a climate that was recently tropical to quickly become one that is sub-zero.

I read about it a few years back and was fascinated with the possibility.

Mr. Ubiquity

well unless the continents slift enough to wipe humanity off its surface, i have no current interest.

ignom

I just started watching this movie. Nobody told me it had Spud in it.

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: ignom on January 04, 2006, 02:19:03 AM
I just started watching this movie. Nobody told me it had Spud in it.

Trainspotting?