News:

40,000th post goes to Gamp!  Happy birthday!

Main Menu

how my brain works.

Started by nishi, March 29, 2005, 06:57:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nishi

so, for some reason, i have a medley of sorts stuck in my head. usually it's just one annoying song, but today i have an astoundingly puzzling mix.

1) desperado by the eagles. (this was playing last night at the grocery store and while i hate the eagles more than death, this song reminds me of a friend that died several years ago, of whom i was fond so i knew when i heard it that it was going to be stuck in my head for a while)
2) i hope that somethin' better comes along -- sung, i believe, by rowlf on the muppet show (in the muppet movie? whatever)
3) the original "be a pepper" commercial.

like i said - i understand the first one. but where the hell did i pick up the others??
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

Freak.  ;)

If you'd like, I can help you find a replacement song.

eo000

My baby takes the mornin' train, he works from nine to five and then, he takes another home again to find me...

Gamplayerx

Quote from: eo000 on March 29, 2005, 07:29:14 AM
My baby takes the mornin' train, he works from nine to five and then, he takes another home again to find me...

Evil PURE AND SIMPLE by way of the Eighth Dimension!

eo000

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 29, 2005, 07:31:09 AM

I knew you'd like it.

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 29, 2005, 07:31:09 AM

eo000 is Buckaroo Banzai?

Gamplayerx

eo000

Gamplayerx

eo000

nishi

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 29, 2005, 07:54:55 AM
Buckaroo Bonzai

one of my alltime favorite films.

"john hhwhhhorrhhfin - you are de weakest inidiwidual i haf ever know!!"
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

DownSouth

Everytime someone mentions Dr Pepper I get that Indian guy stuck in my head from Short Circuit where he is reading that sign "Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?".  Who's Johnny, she says....
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on March 29, 2005, 09:22:18 AM
Everytime someone mentions Dr Pepper I get that Indian guy stuck in my head from Short Circuit where he is reading that sign "Wouldn't you like to be a pepper too?".  Who's Johnny, she says....

My name is B-E-N, I spell it Ben.

That Indian guy was actually Fischer Stevens.  In retrospect, I wonder if his casting and performance was insulting to Indian people.

[attachment deleted by admin]