News:

Some people are alive only because it's illegal to kill.

Main Menu

Who is Dane Cook, and why did he get to host SNL last week?

Started by Infobahn, December 10, 2005, 06:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

Who is Dane Cook, and why did he get to host SNL last week?

He was funny, but I had never heard of him before that night.

/RIP Richard Pryor.

cnamon

He is some comedian that 20-something sorority girls that wear ruffle skirts and are blond are in love with.

I tried to watch him on late night TV once and all the girls were swooning and that was kinda boring.

Gamplayerx

Apparantly, eo is a 20-something blond sorority girl.  I bet he looks cute in a ruffle skirt.

eo000

i got the legs to pull it off.

I had put one of his discs in the dump, and beefy put another.

Beefy

Listener

Dane Cook is pretty funny, and he has an EXTREMELY enthusiastic style of doing his comedy.  He has a few bits (like "Parking Structure" that annoy the living shit out of me, but otherwise quite enjoyable.

If one were to check the Dump, one might be able to sample some Dane Cook, if one were to wait until about 1:00pm Eastern.

cnamon

I was very unimpressed the first time I saw him.  I will take a listen.

meredith

doesn't alice like him too?  i have to say, he is pretty hot. i thiink he's a pretty good comedian.  but i'm an easy target for comedians.

Bishamonten

Why does he get to host SNL?  Because SNL is talent-free and looking to get anyone on board?

ignom

Quote from: Bishamonten on December 11, 2005, 05:23:57 PM
Why does he get to host SNL?  Because SNL is talent-free and looking to get anyone on board?

Are you kidding? Alec Baldwin being married to a hot dog was comic genius.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: hattmoward on December 11, 2005, 05:22:39 PM
doesn't alice like him too?  i have to say, he is pretty hot. i thiink he's a pretty good comedian.  but i'm an easy target for comedians.
I bet she looks awesome in her ruffle skirt, too.

Alice

I think Dane Cook is hysterical.  Plus, he's very easy on the eyes. 

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

eo000

Quote from: Alice on April 13, 2006, 11:21:19 AM
I'm seeing him tonight!   :D
be sure to bring him cashews and find the door handles before you get started. oh, and you might want to leave your jacket at home.

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on April 13, 2006, 11:29:23 AM
be sure to bring him cashews and find the door handles before you get started. oh, and you might want to leave your jacket at home.
Yeah, I will not be checking a coat!

Though I bet I could sell it on eBay...

cnamon

Quote from: Alice on April 13, 2006, 11:32:13 AM

huh?

Bennyhana

Quote from: cnamon on April 13, 2006, 11:32:50 AM

huh?

Bump.

'splain.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on April 14, 2006, 04:40:27 PM
Quote from: cnamon on April 13, 2006, 11:32:50 AM

huh?

Bump.

'splain.
Sorry.  Dane Cook has a bit about shitting on the jackets at a party.

Listener

After listening to Dane Cook's Retaliation CD 1, and also having heard Harmful If Swallowed in the past (I can't STAND the Parking Structure bit), I think I'm putting my finger on the reasons why Dane Cook is so popular:

1.  He has a great vocabulary, and knows when to use said vocabulary to enhance his jokes.
2.  He is extremely enthusiastic about every one of his stories.
3.  He uses noises, but not to excess (except, again, in the Parking Structure bit).
4.  Like many other popular comedians, he takes things in the other direction and builds on that story (ie: the CT2004 and Dream House bits).

Dry then Catch

Dane Cook is pretty funny, but at this point people's feelings ABOUT Dane Cook seem to be a hotter area of discussion rather than his actual comedy.  yes,  :-* like him at a statistically significant level more than guys do.  The reverse could be said about Sarah Silverman.

His Crank Yankers sketch was hilarious. 

Listener

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Listener on April 18, 2006, 12:21:34 PM
Quote from: CatchrNdRy on April 18, 2006, 12:19:06 PM

His Crank Yankers sketch was hilarious. 

Mutually exclusive terms.

I agree, I normally never really watch Crank Yankers, but this was on the Dane Cook DVD that was owned by a college age girl, his primary audience.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

This is on RIGHT NOW!  Watch it with me!  Or don't.  I don't really care one way or the other.  I just thought I'd mention that this is on RIGHT NOW!