News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

you just earned yourself 20 million dollars

Started by nishi, June 21, 2008, 10:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nishi

this is like watching a frank capra film.

http://www.youtube.com/v/yXEuEUQIP3Q
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

meredith

i watched that a while back, didn't know about it until after he died. actually read a long article about how nice the guy was.. had me all weepy

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bennyhana

I did love Mr. Rogers when I was a kid, but listening to that makes me wonder if he was planting the seeds for our current "beautiful and unique snowflake" philosophy that is getting us into trouble.

Alice

Quote from: Bennyhana on June 22, 2008, 09:14:55 AM
I did love Mr. Rogers when I was a kid, but listening to that makes me wonder if he was planting the seeds for our current "beautiful and unique snowflake" philosophy that is getting us into trouble.

http://rawstory.com/news/2007/FOX_Did_Mr._Rogers_ruin_entire_0706.html

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on June 22, 2008, 08:47:09 AM
He was a very good man.

He always remembered to cup the balls.

/loved that show, am still a special and unique snowflake

nishi

Quote from: Alice on June 22, 2008, 10:05:21 AM

fuck fox news in the neck. there are all kinds of people that grew up on mr. rogers' beautiful and unique snowflake plan that understand that being valuable as an individual doesn't mean that you don't have to do anything. if any of those fox news assbites ever watched any of it they would have noticed that next to "unique", mr. rogers was all about personal responsibility and constantly working to do the right thing even if iit is really hard.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Bennyhana

Quote from: nishi on June 22, 2008, 03:44:13 PM
Quote from: Alice on June 22, 2008, 10:05:21 AM

fuck fox news in the neck. there are all kinds of people that grew up on mr. rogers' beautiful and unique snowflake plan that understand that being valuable as an individual doesn't mean that you don't have to do anything. if any of those fox news assbites ever watched any of it they would have noticed that next to "unique", mr. rogers was all about personal responsibility and constantly working to do the right thing even if iit is really hard.
Good then.  I feel better about having watched and enjoyed it when I was a kid.  So, the next question is, who DID take the unique thing too far and remove responsibility from it.  Was it just the parents?  I bet it was elmo.

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

meredith

which generation are we talking about here?  he was around a lot of years to touch a lot of kids.  heh, touch kids.

Dry then Catch

you are going to make a good crotchey elderly white guy benny.  i will stay off your lawn.

In February 1990, Rogers' car was stolen while he was taking care of his grandson. The thief apparently realized who the car belonged to after seeing papers and props Rogers had left in the car. The car was returned to Rogers, who found it sitting in front of his home about a day later. The only thing missing from the car was Rogers' director's chair. Rogers' car at the time was an Oldsmobile sedan.[16]

grace

my kids hated Mr Rogers which was rather odd, considering all their friends were fans. his voice used to put me in a trance.

Jessie

That was my very favorite show growing up.  I actually feel a bond of sorts with Mr. Rogers, similar to what I felt for my grandparents, but on a very smaller scale. 

I wish I could have met him, really.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on June 24, 2008, 08:11:47 PM
That was my very favorite show growing up.  I actually feel a bond of sorts with Mr. Rogers, similar to what I felt for my grandparents, but on a very smaller scale. 

I wish I could have met him, really.
Now it's a little late.

ReBurn

He had people on his show that stuck their hands up puppets' backsides. That's got to mean something.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!