News:

03/23/05 10,000th post provided by Cnamon!

Main Menu

Coyotes

Started by Jessie, April 04, 2005, 09:13:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

I'm about to go to bed.  I hope they don't keep me awake again tonight.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

nishi

i love coyotes. they are one of my favorite animals. they are amazing creatures.

but - really noisy.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

OBB

It does look like it'd be rather noisy with a Coyote around.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr. SM Holocaust

Can I rant here for a second? Please note that I am in no way insulting any one's intelligence or calling anyone a "hick".

You flyover country people wig me out, seriously. Coyotes? I was wondering what kind of car alarm that is before it hit me that you were talking about the dog things that howl like in the movies. When I go to sleep, I wonder if I am going to be kept awake by burglars stealing cars in the parking lot next to my apartment building. I think the closest we come to real wild animals in the city are packs of feral dogs and cats- and sometimes you cross a rat on his appointed rounds but you let the packs of dogs, cats and rats do their thing and they don't snatch your baby.

I could not imagine being more than a couple blocks from a Wawa and I sincerely believe that the silence you have would force me to develop tourettes to have some kind of noise, any noise.

The weird things is that New Yorkers say to me "You call those feral dogs? In New York our rats call that fast food" .

Beefy

When I first moved to Texas at age 6, we had coyotes come out every night and howl in the field across the street from my house.  As I was still plagued with nightmares about large rabid dogs after being attacked, this caused many unfortunate evenings of sleep.

Jessie

Quote from: Beef on April 05, 2005, 08:29:24 AM
When I first moved to Texas at age 6, we had coyotes come out every night and howl in the field across the street from my house.  As I was still plagued with nightmares about large rabid dogs after being attacked, this caused many unfortunate evenings of sleep.

You were attacked by large rabid dogs?

ReBurn

I don't think we have coyotes here.  We have bobcats like crazy, but they aren't nearly as canine.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

eo000

We've got hippos, but they mainly stay in the forests and keep to themselves.

Jessie

DownSouth

Coyotes ate my moms dog.  I'm not kidding.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

Never heard a coyote.  We have hookers here.  And car alarms.

nishi

Quote from: ReBurninator on April 05, 2005, 08:33:12 AM
I don't think we have coyotes here.  We have bobcats like crazy, but they aren't nearly as canine.

there are coyotes in every state of the US except hawaii. they are astoundingly adaptive animals.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Jessie

Coyotes killed my mom's goat.  I'm not kidding.

cnamon

A dingo ate my baby!!

I am kidding.

Beefy

Quote from: jessie on April 05, 2005, 08:30:01 AM
Quote from: Beef on April 05, 2005, 08:29:24 AM

You were attacked by large rabid dogs?

When I was young and living on an Alabama Air Force base, we had a front yard with a chain link fence.  My folks had a wedding reception at the house on day.  Some bright soul brought their German Shepherd along to leave out front.  My sister and were out front playing, urged to get out of the way by the adults.  We were doing typical young kid things - running, laughing, jumping around, playing on the swingset - when I guess I moved in a way that the dog felt was inappropriate.  I got to spend that evening having my eye brows and lips sewn back together.  I still vividly remember the sensation of only being able to see red.  I was scared of big dogs for years after that.

Jessie

Ouch Beef.  Did they do anything to the dog?

That's terrible.  My brother was bitten by a German Shephard when we were kids too.  He got bitten on the ear.  Then a few years later, he almost lost the tip of his nose to a Collie.  It bit inside his upper lip and on the top of his nose.

When I was 16 I was bitten by a black lab and had to get stitches in my right thigh.  And of course you've all seen the pictures from my bite last week.

This is why I like cats.

Beefy

Quote from: jessie on April 05, 2005, 08:56:01 AM
Ouch Beef.  Did they do anything to the dog?

Nope.  Not a thing.

ReBurn

That reminds me of the time I was attacked by a German Shepherd.  I was outside and the people let their dogs out of their front door by mistake.  The dog grabbed me by my leg and dragged me across the yard.  I ended up with three deep puncture wounds in my leg and about 18 stitches to close the holes.  I was about 6 or 7 I think.  The people said it was my fault for antagonizing the dog, which I didn't do, but when my dad threatened to sue their insurance company paid the doctor bills.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

The dog that bit my brother's ear was put to sleep.

The rest lived into old age, I guess.

My first dog bite paid for my first car, so I guess it was worth it.

Gamplayerx

Dogs scare the crap out of me. 

I've never been bitten, but I did see a german shepherd bite the face of of this little boy right next to me.

Jessie

Note to self:  No German Shepherds.

DownSouth

I have a friend who has a long haired German shepherd.  Mean as hell until you really get to know him.  Then he is as nice as could be.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Mr. SM Holocaust on April 05, 2005, 01:29:10 AM
Can I rant here for a second? Please note that I am in no way insulting any one's intelligence or calling anyone a "hick".

You flyover country people wig me out, seriously. Coyotes? I was wondering what kind of car alarm that is before it hit me that you were talking about the dog things that howl like in the movies. When I go to sleep, I wonder if I am going to be kept awake by burglars stealing cars in the parking lot next to my apartment building. I think the closest we come to real wild animals in the city are packs of feral dogs and cats- and sometimes you cross a rat on his appointed rounds but you let the packs of dogs, cats and rats do their thing and they don't snatch your baby.

I could not imagine being more than a couple blocks from a Wawa and I sincerely believe that the silence you have would force me to develop tourettes to have some kind of noise, any noise.

The weird things is that New Yorkers say to me "You call those feral dogs? In New York our rats call that fast food" .

yeah not everyone lives in NY

Beefy

I understand what he means.  When I moved to NYC, it took months to get used to sleeping through the noise.  Once I adjusted, I couldn't sleep well when I went home because it was too quiet.  I had to buy one of those white noise machines.

Dry then Catch

growing up in NY i had the opportunity to have made friends with feral cats.  I didn't realize the risk i was running.  its funny cats can inbreed with little consequences.   apparently so can missourans