News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

NSFYouphoric

Started by dazie, July 27, 2005, 11:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelbel

Quote from: Jessie on July 28, 2005, 09:20:18 AM
The daddy long-legs' most impressive feature is its four pairs of long slender legs, which may be up to 30 times as long as its body. Each leg has seven segments and curves out at the tip. If the daddy long-legs is in danger of being caught, it can break off a portion of its legs and then escape while the detached legs continue to quiver in front of a confounded predator. Daddy long-legs can grow new legs to replace the broken ones.

Who knew?

Yes and I have had spider bites from daddy long legs because of them growing up. Ever have itchy welts all over from a not so called spider bite?
:)

dazie

Quote from: kelbel on July 28, 2005, 08:20:22 PM
The daddy long-legs' most impressive feature is its four pairs of long slender legs, which may be up to 30 times as long as its body. Each leg has seven segments and curves out at the tip. If the daddy long-legs is in danger of being caught, it can break off a portion of its legs and then escape while the detached legs continue to quiver in front of a confounded predator. Daddy long-legs can grow new legs to replace the broken ones.

Who knew?

Yes and I have had spider bites from daddy long legs because of them growing up. Ever have itchy welts all over from a not so called spider bite?

I had them from Gypsy Moth caterpillars.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

kelbel

Quote from: dazie on July 28, 2005, 08:44:57 PM

Who knew?

The only caterpillar I am alleric to is a fuzzy green one. Are gypsy moths fuzzy green when they are growing up?

dazie

Quote from: kelbel on July 28, 2005, 08:48:11 PM

Who knew?

The only caterpillar I am alleric to is a fuzzy green one. Are gypsy moths fuzzy green when they are growing up?

No- they're grey with blue and red.  They're actually pretty, except they eat every damn leaf in sight.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

kelbel

Quote from: dazie on July 28, 2005, 08:50:10 PM
Quote from: kelbel on July 28, 2005, 08:48:11 PM

Who knew?

No- they're grey with blue and red.  They're actually pretty, except they eat every damn leaf in sight.

The ones I alleric to are all green and fuzzy. I am also alleric to some yew trees.