News:

3/12/05 5000th post provided by Bishamonten

Main Menu

Mexican Coca-Cola

Started by dazie, June 03, 2007, 10:57:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

I was going to put "Mexican Coke" but this thread isn't about that.

The cheapo grocery store in town now carries glass bottles of Mexican Coca-Cola.  *swoon*

For years Ursus has been going on and on about how much better it is than the US kind, and you know what?  He's right!

They don't use high fructose corn syrup to make their Coke in Mexico- they still use cane sugar.  So the result is a cola that's less cloyingly sweet than the kinds that DO use corn syrup.  It's a bit zingier, almost peppery.  Very tasty.

At $1.85 a half liter though, it's definitely only for a treat.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Infobahn

I have heard Costco is selling it in the 12 oz glass bottles.  *double swoon*

There is a local vendor that was getting mexican pepsi in glass bottles, but pepsi threatened to sue.

VikingJuice

There have been stores that sell that here in Texas for a few years.  It's very hard to describe how different it really is.  I love the Mexican soda version.  There's a non-Tex-mex restaraunt in Pasadena (just down the road about 10 minutes) that serves it as part of their regular menu.  Very yummy!!

ursus

Quote from: dazie on June 03, 2007, 10:57:43 AM

The cheapo grocery store in town now carries glass bottles of Mexican Coca-Cola.  *swoon*

For years Ursus has been going on and on about how much better it is than the US kind, and you know what?  He's right!

They don't use high fructose corn syrup to make their Coke in Mexico- they still use cane sugar.  So the result is a cola that's less cloyingly sweet than the kinds that DO use corn syrup.  It's a bit zingier, almost peppery.  Very tasty.

I just read this.

Someone help me please...Did Dazie actually say I was right????

Fess up, who really wrote this? Boeuf? Mano?
I was just wondering...

Infobahn

ReBurn

I went to the Coca Cola museum in Atlanta and they had it in the fountain. Along with all of the other weird drinks from around the world. That's a pretty cool place.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

BigDun

That was the one room that made the tour worth while.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

I was carried out on a stretcher because I was in a diabetic coma. Well, not really. But close.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

ursus

I was just wondering...

manosax

Quote from: ursus on September 10, 2007, 06:26:15 AM

I just read this.

I didn't suggest or say it, but having Dazie admit that you are right about something is a bit out of character.

meredith

Dry then Catch

do you get a big deposit back when you return the bottles ala Mexico

DownSouth

Jones uses cane sugar too.  The sub shop at the end of the block has them.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

dazie

Quote from: manosax on September 10, 2007, 11:14:28 AM
Quote from: ursus on September 10, 2007, 06:26:15 AM

I just read this.

I didn't suggest or say it, but having Dazie admit that you are right about something is a bit out of character.

:lies:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

VikingJuice

Quote from: DownSouth on September 10, 2007, 10:05:37 PM
Jones uses cane sugar too.  The sub shop at the end of the block has them.

Jones makes a killer Cream Soda.  It's so very very good.