News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

Excuse me, Mr. Lucas?

Started by ReBurn, October 21, 2005, 08:58:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

Why did you kill Darth Maul, but not Jar Jar?  I would have preferred to see him get cut in half.

Now excuse me.  I must move quickly to disrupt all communications down there.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

HELIX

Although Jar Jar was quite annoying and definitely should have been sliced into pieces..Darth Maul was pathetic in the movie (was he mute?).  He was given no chance to show his darkside abilities...kind of sad.  Seemed to be a character that would have been interesting to learn more about.
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

Beefy

Darth Maul was a pit bull, nothing more.  Cool, but ultimately one dimensional.  I doubt any attempts Lucas had made to flesh him out would have done anything but made the situation worse.  AT least he was smart enough not to use the guy's real voice.

VikingJuice

I still say Lucas should have had that guy cloned for the clone wars.  Can you imagine different color Darth Mauls running around killing Jedi?  It would have been cool.

ReBurn

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bishamonten

Lucas doesn't think.  Plain and simple.  He comes up with a semi cool idea and just runs with it.  An Iridonian Sith!?  Sounds cool!  Double-bladed lightsaber like Exar Kun's fabled saber?  Cool!  Explain it?  Nope!

Look at Christopher Lee.  Christopher FUCKING Lee!  No back story on why a venerated Jedi left the order and became a sith.  In the expanded universe it was explained that Count Dooku was originally Qui Gon Jinn's master and is the very person that instilled the 'maverick' sensability into Qui Gon and thusly, by proxy, into Obi Wan.  He left the order after Qui Gon was killed and was swayed to the dark side.  Granted, this isn't Lucas' idea, it was explained in the EU - by people with much more imagination than Lucas.

ReBurn

Infobahn

HELIX

All I can say is Novemeber 1st for those of us who don't have an illegal copy.
Some people look at jerky and say, "Why?"  I look at jerky and say, "Mmm! Jerky!"

DownSouth

I still haven't seen 2 and 3.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

ignom

I've only seen part one because it came on Fox once.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Listener

I liked most of Episode 3 except for the Frankenstein scene at the end.

Beefy

Quote from: Listener on October 24, 2005, 01:31:12 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Alice

It's funnier in Spanish.

Bishamonten

How do you think Boba got that head out of there?  Think he gave it a good shakin' or did he just use a spoon to dig that sucker out of there?

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on October 24, 2005, 02:50:04 PM
How do you think Boba got that head out of there?  Think he gave it a good shakin' or did he just use a spoon to dig that sucker out of there?

He baked it for a bit so it would shrink.

ignom

Quote from: Beef on October 24, 2005, 01:36:37 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

VikingJuice

Beefy