News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

IE 7

Started by swolt, April 23, 2006, 11:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Listener

Quote from: swolt on April 26, 2006, 04:29:39 PM

And yes, I do hold a grudge against a piece of software that broke my heart many years ago. I'm still healing. There is more than the MS issue. There was also ... and this is difficult for me ... HTML 4.0. Why oh why did you hurt me like that Netscape???
I'm only half joking about that. I wasted so many hours rewriting code because Netscape messed up HTMl 4.0. I don't care if the code is all different now, the interface is the same and when I see it I think "fucking HTML 4.0..."

I think I still program in HTML 4.0.  I know for a fact I don't use a lot of the trailing slashes in tags that some apps (ie: wordpress) automatically include.  For example, br /.

QuoteAnother reason I dislike FireFox is the fact that you can customize it. When I work on a customers machine I work very fast. I normally just use the keyboard because the mouse is too slow. To have things not where I am used to them slows me down. What I really really hate is downloading something and not knowing where it went. I rant about that all the time. I know you can change the download location, but I don't want to HAVE to change the download location.

The way I customize my computer at work sometimes bugs the IT guys, because they can't find things where they expect them to be.  And I know where they -- and you -- are coming from, given that I'm the person who helps friends and family when they can't make their computers work.  It's a royal pain when they haven't set up the same things in the same places that I'm used to finding them.  I HATE XP's start menu; the first thing I always do is set to the classic mode.

swolt

For the longest time I also hated the XP start menu. Since it comes that way by default I was forced to change so I could know it better for tech support.

I have about 15 anti-spyware programs on my PC, but not because of IE. I download and test them when new programs come out. I actually infect myself on purpose from time to time to see what catches what. I have to format every few months.

Lately I have been running IE and and FireFox on my machine. I'm sure I'll switch fully to FireFox but I'm not ready yet. It's the old man in me coming out. You damn kids get off my browser!
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

WileE

When I first started using FF, it was awkward, as I was used to IE.  Now, when I have to surf with IE, I am constantly clicking my thrid mouse button and then cursing because my tab doesn't pop up.

;D

I like the new start menu.  I like having everything in one place.
Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."

ReBurn

Quote from: swolt on April 26, 2006, 09:46:01 PM
I actually infect myself on purpose from time to time to see what catches what. I have to format every few months.
Just like you infect Neo on purpose.  Don't you?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

WileE

Quote from: ReBurn on April 27, 2006, 08:10:40 AM
Quote from: swolt on April 26, 2006, 09:46:01 PM
I actually infect myself on purpose from time to time to see what catches what. I have to format every few months.
Just like you infect Neo on purpose.  Don't you?

ROFLMAO

pwned!
Snakes on a mutha-f%$#in' plane!!!

"The Temple of Syrnix is havin' the bake sale of the year."