News:

mmmhhphh hmmph I chhoudnph hcjear youph wiff fis crunphing in my mouphthmph.

Main Menu

Dukes of Hazzard

Started by dazie, August 06, 2005, 06:05:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

I had actually planned on seeing this movie.  I :heart: the Dukes of Hazzard TV show, John Schneider was my first real celebrity crush.  (And the only one I ever wrote to)

But eew.  Every single review is just TERRIBLE.  And then there's this article: http://www2.ljworld.com/news/2005/aug/05/checkered_flag/  that makes me wonder exactly what BRAND of cool refreshing crack the producers et al. were thinking.

I'm sad now.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

Next weekend: Deuce.   ;D

dazie

Quote from: Beefy on August 06, 2005, 06:18:59 PM

Bigelow?  I still haven't seen all of the first one yet!

Beefy

Actually, next weekend is also The Aristocrats.

And the following Friday is The 40 Year Old Virgin.

eo000

i've read that they've pretty much cut simpson out of most of the movie, which was probably a good thing.

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on August 06, 2005, 06:23:26 PM

and tuesday on dvd is kung fu hustle. and the tuesday after that is sin city.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on August 06, 2005, 06:24:26 PM
i've read that they've pretty much cut simpson out of most of the movie, which was probably a good thing.

I love movies but she was the ONLY thing I wanted to see in that likely suckfest.  She's looking lightyears better than her usual self which I thinik is pretty darned nice anyway.  I guess 2.5 a day X 6 days a week working out will do that.

Her line about the "undercarriage" sends shivers up my... uh nevermind.  I'll probably be waiting for video.

eo000

Quote from: vikingjuice on August 06, 2005, 06:50:50 PM
I'll probably be waiting for video.
your fellow movie-goers appreciate that, mr. herman.

ursus

Quote from: eo000 on August 06, 2005, 06:25:01 PM
Quote from: Beefy on August 06, 2005, 06:23:26 PM
Next weekend: Deuce. ;D

and tuesday on dvd is kung fu hustle. and the tuesday after that is sin city.
I'm looking foward to both.

Quote from: eo000 on August 06, 2005, 06:24:26 PM

I love movies but she was the ONLY thing I wanted to see in that likely suckfest. She's looking lightyears better than her usual self which I thinik is pretty darned nice anyway. I guess 2.5 a day X 6 days a week working out will do that.

Her line about the "undercarriage" sends shivers up my... uh nevermind. I'll probably be waiting for video.
Sorry man, blondes just don't do it for me.

I was going to take our daughter to see "Sky High" while Dazie and our son went to this.
I was just wondering...

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on August 06, 2005, 06:52:06 PM
I'll probably be waiting for video.
your fellow movie-goers appreciate that, mr. herman.

Where'd I put the damned Jergens?  Oh, there it is.  ;D

ReBurn

I picked up season 4 of the Dukes of Hazzard on Tuesday.  I haven't seen the movie yet.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

ignom

I still want to see it, no matter what the reviews say. It has Seann William Scott in it, I mean, come on. I'm watching Dude, Where's My Car right now.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Jessie

Jessica Simpson is too skinny now.  She looked better with a few more pounds on her.  I don't dig the skinny chicks.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

She's gross.

$30 million gross, apparently.

DownSouth

She's super hot.  I want to see Dukes of Hazzard no matter how bad it is.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

OBB

I saw Dukes of Hazzard today. It was just about as good as I expected. Be prepared to turn on your inner 14 year-old boy!  ;D

ursus

My real 14 year old self wasn't keen on blondes.

Jessica Simpson? meh.
I was just wondering...

ReBurn

I saw it yesterday.  I laughed my fool head off.  My wife hated it, so it must be good.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on August 08, 2005, 08:11:22 AM
Jessica Simpson is too skinny now.  She looked better with a few more pounds on her.  I don't dig the skinny chicks.

They're all too damn skinny all of the sudden- Lindsey Lohan is practically transparent, that chick who was on that show with Paris Hilton is a wraith...

Jessie

Quote from: dazie on August 09, 2005, 09:31:32 AM
Quote from: Jessie on August 08, 2005, 08:11:22 AM

They're all too damn skinny all of the sudden- Lindsey Lohan is practically transparent, that chick who was on that show with Paris Hilton is a wraith...

Hey, that just leaves more food for us.

Mmm, food.

Alice

I'm seeing this tonight.

We're going to the Drive-In and watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Dukes.  My friends will be toking - I will be drinking beer.  I might go super ghetto and bring a Steel Reserve.  :)

dazie

Quote from: AliceLiddell on August 09, 2005, 10:33:45 AM
I'm seeing this tonight.

We're going to the Drive-In and watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Dukes.  My friends will be toking - I will be drinking beer.  I might go super ghetto and bring a Steel Reserve.  :)

King Cobra baby.  If you're gonna go ghetto, might as well go all the way.

Jessie

I'm seeing this tonight.

That would be a fun drive-in combo!  The movies, not so much the toking and the beer.  

I wish we still had a good drive-in around here.  The one we have uses your car speakers, and that's just not the same.

DownSouth

We don't have any drive ins.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Alice

Quote from: Jessie on August 09, 2005, 10:36:48 AM
I'm seeing this tonight.

That would be a fun drive-in combo!  The movies, not so much the toking and the beer.  

I wish we still had a good drive-in around here.  The one we have uses your car speakers, and that's just not the same.
The one we have uses the radio or you can use their speakers.  We normally use their speakers because we're too intoxicated to rememeber to start up the car during intermission.  There's normally about 10 cars every night that run their batteries out.

You all should come to the drive thru with me.  Everyone else going has an SO or a friend with benefits going.  I'll probably be sitting on the swingset by myself most of the time.