News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Started by eo000, August 06, 2005, 06:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

I am. I've been up since 5 watching Atlanta vs. Indy.

Mr. Ubiquity

is it naked cheerleader football?  the players are sideline, right?
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

BigDun

What the hell are you doing awake at 5:00 on Saturday morning? Learn to slack like the rest of us.

Have the pre-season games started? When is the next one?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

eo000

Quote from: BigDun on August 06, 2005, 10:45:46 AM
What the hell are you doing awake at 5:00 on Saturday morning? Learn to slack like the rest of us.

today was the first pre-season game. the american bowl over in tokyo. the next pre-season game is monday night, chicago vs. miami.

pre-season schedule

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on August 06, 2005, 12:13:04 PM

today was the first pre-season game. the american bowl over in tokyo. the next pre-season game is monday night, chicago vs. miami.

pre-season schedule

HELL YEAH!!!!  And my Dolphins are on Prime Time BABY!!!  I know the starters will only gets about 2 series but it's my boys!!

eo000

Quote from: vikingjuice on August 06, 2005, 06:53:46 PM

pre-season schedule

HELL YEAH!!!!  And my Dolphins are on Prime Time BABY!!!  I know the starters will only gets about 2 series but it's my boys!!
I'm sure they'll stay in at least a quarter and a half. Saban is a mad man.

VikingJuice

Quote from: eo000 on August 06, 2005, 06:54:42 PM

pre-season schedule

I seriously doubt he'd risk injury this early on.  Besides, they won't be game planning till the 3rd and 4th preseason games.  If they don't plan their protections for a full quarter or half, they up the risk for QB and RB injury.  I expect him to be logical despite being a hardass.  Either way, I can't freakin' wait!!!!!!

Listener

Quote from: vikingjuice on August 06, 2005, 06:57:02 PM

pre-season schedule

I seriously doubt he'd risk injury this early on.  Besides, they won't be game planning till the 3rd and 4th preseason games.  If they don't plan their protections for a full quarter or half, they up the risk for QB and RB injury.  I expect him to be logical despite being a hardass.  Either way, I can't freakin' wait!!!!!!

Let's be honest with ourselves here:  if AJ Feeley got injured, would it be the end of the world?  I'd much rather have Gus Frerotte under center, and not have Feeley even get a shot at being the starter.

Of course, it doesn't matter, because next year they'll either have Philip Rivers or Drew Brees and then they'll be able to make a serious run at the playoffs, but still... Feeley is PAINFUL to watch sometimes.

I have to say I'm glad to have Ricky Williams back for one reason:  he's a proven pass-catching back.  Bring him in on 3rd down if it turns out that Ronnie Brown doesn't have good hands.  Or use him as a decoy and have Heath Evans run some FB counters; when Ricky comes onto the field, you can bet the defense will be keying in on him, even if it's his first play in more than a year.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Listener on August 07, 2005, 07:47:52 AM
Quote from: vikingjuice on August 06, 2005, 06:57:02 PM

pre-season schedule

Let's be honest with ourselves here:  if AJ Feeley got injured, would it be the end of the world?  I'd much rather have Gus Frerotte under center, and not have Feeley even get a shot at being the starter.

Of course, it doesn't matter, because next year they'll either have Philip Rivers or Drew Brees and then they'll be able to make a serious run at the playoffs, but still... Feeley is PAINFUL to watch sometimes.

I have to say I'm glad to have Ricky Williams back for one reason:  he's a proven pass-catching back.  Bring him in on 3rd down if it turns out that Ronnie Brown doesn't have good hands.  Or use him as a decoy and have Heath Evans run some FB counters; when Ricky comes onto the field, you can bet the defense will be keying in on him, even if it's his first play in more than a year.

I like the idea that we can run Ronnie Brown at a team and wear them down and when they started showing some fatigue, bring in Ricky and let him pound them.  Fresh legs from a proven back off the bench can be devastating!!  I'm hoping for a year like the Buffalo Bills had in 1992 when Thurman Thomas logged about 1300 yards and Kenneth Davis put up 600 of his own.  That would be great.  Even Feely, if he wins the job, would look solid.  My money is on Gus.  He knows Linehan's system so well that it's got to give him a big advantage in camp.  I know Feely has a big time gun, but I think he's got a five cent head to go with the million dollar arm.

I read some encouraging stuff on the Herald.  They were saying that they've already thrown more deep passes in camp in one week than the Dolphins threw all of last year total.  That excites me a lot.  I know it won't be the days of Duper and Clayton but anything toward that direction would be a MASSIVE improvement over the ultra-conservative style we've had since '96 when Johnson took over.  Let it fly and we might finally see what Chambers is made of.  I think he's a 1400 yard guy waiting to happen.

ursus

Oh yeah, the Raiders look magnificent this season. (sarcasm)
I was just wondering...

VikingJuice

Quote from: ursus on August 07, 2005, 10:37:03 PM

They'd be MUCH better without Kerry (Tom) Collins at the helm.  That and a defense.  Oh and a different coach.  Aaaaaaannd  a different owner.  Then they'd be great!

Go Raider Nation (not really)

Jessie

No, I'm really not, but thanks for asking!
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ursus

Quote from: vikingjuice on August 08, 2005, 01:12:20 PM

They'd be MUCH better without Kerry (Tom) Collins at the helm. That and a defense. Oh and a different coach. Aaaaaaannd a different owner. Then they'd be great!

See, I was going with that whole just-get-it-over-with-and-take-over-the-team-again thing. 'Cause otherwise I get to root for the Chef's, I mean Chiefs. * :barfy:*
I was just wondering...

VikingJuice

Quote from: ursus on August 08, 2005, 05:19:06 PM
Quote from: vikingjuice on August 08, 2005, 01:12:20 PM

They'd be MUCH better without Kerry (Tom) Collins at the helm. That and a defense. Oh and a different coach. Aaaaaaannd a different owner. Then they'd be great!

See, I was going with that whole just-get-it-over-with-and-take-over-the-team-again thing. 'Cause otherwise I get to root for the Chef's, I mean Chiefs. * :barfy:*

At least the Chefs will be entertaining.  They've got a top passing game, a killer running game, the best offensive line in the business and a MUCH improved defense with at least 4 new starters.  The Chefs could make a legit run.

ursus

I say again: :barfy:

Look man, I grew up a Dodgers fan. I root for my team, even if they manage to win a couple.
I was just wondering...

VikingJuice

Quote from: ursus on August 08, 2005, 05:52:44 PM
I say again: :barfy:

Look man, I grew up a Dodgers fan. I root for my team, even if they manage to win a couple.

Now I see.  I also see your problem, you cheer for the Dodgers and the Raiders.  You don't learn quickly do you?  At least you had Lasorta for a long time.  I liked him.  I couldn't name a single Dodger on this year's roster and saw them play like a month ago.

ursus

Lasorda? Yeah, he's cool. We always wanted to elect him president, or something.

Slow learner? You have no idea....

At least I'm honest. My teams are my teams, I'm not a band wagon kinda guy.
I was just wondering...