News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

fun night fishin

Started by grace, February 23, 2008, 10:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grace

i didn't catch this, but i was present for support....as in

GIVE ME THE BEST FILETS ASSHOLE

25lbs / 42in Snook.....delicious

[attachment deleted by admin]

Beefy

That's a week's worth of healthy eatin'.

VikingJuice

That's a big mutherfuckin' fish!!!

BigDun

I once caught a fish twice that size using nothing but my sneaker laces and a paper clip. At night. In the middle of a blizzard.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

VikingJuice

Quote from: BigDun on February 23, 2008, 03:03:04 PM
I once caught a fish twice that size using nothing but my sneaker laces and a paper clip. At night. In the middle of a blizzard.

Did you do it with Bisquick McGiver?

Gamplayerx

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

I like fishing, but not the "stand in the creek and wait for the fish"

I like going deep sea fishing.  Hanging out on the boat until something strikes the gig.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

DownSouth

We use to sit at the lake in the summer and drink beer and float on tubes at the house.  A few times a year we would take my friends dads Boston Whaler down to the keys to go fishing.  Now that was fun.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

VikingJuice

I'm not a fan of fishing but you put me in a boat, off-shore, in a lake, on a river, in a pond,on a boat, in a canoe, on the deck of a skiff, and suddenly I like fishing.  I think because the fishing gives me something easy to do while I enjoy the beauty of being on the water.

DownSouth

The fucked up thing is I hate fish.  But be damned if I dont catch a huge bass and mount it on a wooden plate, stick a speaker up its ass and send it full of love songs to Beefy for his birthday.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on February 24, 2008, 02:14:20 AM
The fucked up thing is I hate fish.  But be damned if I dont catch a huge bass and mount it on a wooden plate, stick a speaker up its ass and send it full of love songs to Beefy for his birthday.

I'd hang that bitch up, too.  Right by the front door.

grace

Quote from: DownSouth on February 23, 2008, 10:55:47 PM
We use to sit at the lake in the summer and drink beer and float on tubes at the house.  A few times a year we would take my friends dads Boston Whaler down to the keys to go fishing.  Now that was fun.

fishing is therapy for me.... i usually fish with local boat captains and they are hysterical....they let me tag along because i'm lucky. the pic is a tarpon. it was yrs ago on the west coast of FLA. 141 lbs and i forget how long.....but i remember it took hours to catch. we went out to try for some snapper to have for dinner.... low and behold, a beast of a fish you can't eat.....

[attachment deleted by admin]

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Dry then Catch

What did you do with the fish if you couldn't eat it?

DownSouth

Stuff and mount.  Mount and stuff.  Whatever you're into.

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on February 26, 2008, 01:53:35 AM
What did you do with the fish if you couldn't eat it?
Danced a waltz.

DownSouth

Chum it to get sharks in the shallow waters and eat all the foreigners on vacation.

Gamplayerx

Tarpon are supposed to be crazy fighters and super hard to bring in. 

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on February 26, 2008, 09:49:23 AM
Tarpon are supposed to be crazy fighters and super hard to bring in. 
Did you try telling them there is a bathroom on board?

Jessie

So, in my mind this thread is now about tampons.  I apologize.

DownSouth

Quote from: Jessie on February 26, 2008, 10:09:55 AM
So, in my mind this thread is now about tampons.  I apologize.
Was it the huge fish that put it in your head?

Beefy

Quote from: grace on February 25, 2008, 08:32:47 PM
Quote from: DownSouth on February 23, 2008, 10:55:47 PM

fishing is therapy for me.... i usually fish with local boat captains and they are hysterical....they let me tag along because i'm lucky. the pic is a tarpon. it was yrs ago on the west coast of FLA. 141 lbs and i forget how long.....but i remember it took hours to catch. we went out to try for some snapper to have for dinner.... low and behold, a beast of a fish you can't eat.....

You're gonna need a bigger boat.

C'MON PEOPLE, HOW DIFFICULT WAS THAT

grace

Quote from: DownSouth on February 26, 2008, 09:47:17 AM
Chum it to get sharks in the shallow waters and eat all the foreigners on vacation.

i love it .....i knew i could count on you.

grace

Quote from: DownSouth on February 26, 2008, 09:24:18 AM
Stuff and mount.  Mount and stuff.  Whatever you're into.

i did obviously end up mounting it and it's in a shed somewhere, not real proud about the stuff and mount thing.
the beast never surfaced, not once during the 2 hr ordeal, so i never saw it until it was right up to the boat....total shock. the scales covered the palm of your hand. cheap thrills.....i guess, but my arms were sore for 3 days.

there are tarpon tournaments......imagine a tampon tournament.