News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

Getting googled

Started by Jessie, December 02, 2007, 05:42:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

So, I know someone has been googling me.  They showed up as a visitor to my StumbleUpon page, which is the first result for jessie197 on Google.  I know this person knows that's what I use that name a lot on the internets.  Actually, that page and links to junto are the only good links on Google now, because I've deleted a bunch of profiles as of late.

Anyway, if you know of someone who might Google you, and what they'd google you with, what would you want them to see?

I'd want this person to know how much happier and saner and calmer I am now, and that I've found real love and it's so much better than I ever thought it could be.  My life today is probably (family situations out of my control non-withstanding) the best it's ever been.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Infobahn

First off, I would not use the Jessie one nine seven in this post.  Just in case they find this place.

Jessie

I don't care if he finds this place.  I'm an admin, I can ban him :)  Also, I'm 600 miles away, and I'm not scared of him any more.

Beefy

Well sh*t, you won't answer my calls.  What else am I supposed to do?!

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on December 02, 2007, 05:50:48 PM
Well sh*t, you won't answer my calls.  What else am I supposed to do?!
If you call me RIGHT NOW, I will answer. 

This is a limited time offer.  Participation may vary.

Dry then Catch

wait, how do you know they are googling you?  Just because they visit your SU page?

Infobahn

Jessie, I'd Google you.  I'd Google you long and hard...

mmm baby.

Jessie

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on December 02, 2007, 06:04:20 PM
wait, how do you know they are googling you?  Just because they visit your SU page?
Well, the chance of him just accidentally find my page when he doesn't appear to be particularly active on SU seems unlikely.  It's also the first result when you google me using that screen name.  Also, I know him pretty well. 

I don't really care.  Like I said, all he saw was that I'm happy, so no biggie.  I'm not freaked out by it or anything.  I google people sometimes to see what they're up to now. 

meredith

omg we have a mystery on our hands, gang

Jessie

No mystery.  I know who he is and how he came to look around, and it doesn't particularly surprise me, really.

Don't you ever get curious about exes or old friends or long lost family members?  I know I do.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on December 02, 2007, 06:49:17 PM
No mystery.  I know who he is and how he came to look around, and it doesn't particularly surprise me, really.

Don't you ever get curious about exes or old friends or long lost family members?  I know I do.

nope I pretty much forget about everything that isn't in my direct line of sight

manosax

man... I wish I had a forlorn and scorn love that is pining after me.... some people have all the luck

dazie

Quote from: manosax on December 03, 2007, 01:42:47 AM
man... I wish I had a forlorn and scorn love that is pining after me.... some people have all the luck

Want me to let Cinderella know?   :evil:
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

ReBurn

My guess, jessie197, is that now this thread is going to show up in Google searches, too, jessie197. Way to AW it around there, jessie197.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

Quote from: ReBurn on December 03, 2007, 10:31:28 AM
My guess, jessie197, is that now this thread is going to show up in Google searches, too, jessie197. Way to AW it around there, jessie197.
I'm ok with that Reburninator. 

This is for you, Brian. 

meredith

I have this strange feeling most of the readers of this thread know who it is.  I just wanted to say "we have a mystery on our hands, gang".

Jessie

Quote from: hatt on December 03, 2007, 10:46:18 AM
I have this strange feeling most of the readers of this thread know who it is.  I just wanted to say "we have a mystery on our hands, gang".
And he'd have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you pesky kids.

Now I wonder if you do know, or if you are thinking of someone else.

dazie

Do I know?  I think I know.

I dunno.

meredith

I don't know that much about you to make a reasonable assumption, but I got the vibe from info and catchr's first posts that they know this rogue googler, but simply didn't name him.  Looking back, I could be mistaken, what with the text-only medium and all.

Jessie

None of you really know him. 

You may know *of* him, though.

ReBurn

I, for one, don't have a clue who it is.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Jessie

I'll be happy to tell you all, as soon as I stop having fun toying with your emotions.

*evil laugh*

Alice

dazie

Quote from: Jessie on December 03, 2007, 11:17:33 AM
None of you really know him. 

You may know *of* him, though.

I knew it!

DAMN YOU HENRY KISSINGER!  DAAAAAMMMMMMMNNNN YOUUUUUUU!

:fish:

Gamplayerx