News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Main Menu

Tampon Commerical

Started by kelbel, March 28, 2005, 07:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelbel

Anyone see the tampon commerical where there are a man and a woman in a boat and she states what are we going to do about the leak, sounding more like lake. He scrambles after seeing the leak and she pulls out a tampon and plugs the leak. I laughed so hard I was crying. It was so original from the other tampon commericals.
:)

Grumpus

What do you mean by "pulls out"

sapphirehart

I TOTALLY LOVE that commercial!

I laughed until I cried when I first saw it.

and no joke, Terry went fishing this past weekend and his boat sprung a leak....I asked him if he needed a tampax for it since it worked so well on tv.

eo000

Gamplayerx

Apparantly there was some sort of controversy with that commercial.  In the original edit, she uses the applicator.  In the second, the tampon just magically is stemming the leak.  WTF is so risque about showing the applicator?

Beefy

It's not.  People are stupid.

nishi

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 29, 2005, 07:15:31 AM
Apparantly there was some sort of controversy with that commercial.  In the original edit, she uses the applicator.  In the second, the tampon just magically is stemming the leak.  WTF is so risque about showing the applicator?

because it's used to *insert*. you know. like a teeny applicator dildo or something.

people are idiots.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

DownSouth

Applicators are the Devills work.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

kelbel

The one I saw she pulled out the tampon and you saw her insert it into the leak. I also laughed until I cried. My boyfriend thought I was nuts.
:)

DownSouth

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 29, 2005, 07:15:31 AM
I just saw it yesterday and she used the applicator.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Maybe they brought back the original.  Hmm. 

Grumpus

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 30, 2005, 10:50:04 AM
Maybe they brought back the original.  Hmm. 
We'll have to stock them in the emergency kit if we ever get the boat running again.

Gamplayerx

I don't want to get that boat running.  I want to get that boat gone and get a new boat to stock tampons for.

Grumpus

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 30, 2005, 05:15:03 PM
I don't want to get that boat running.  I want to get that boat gone and get a new boat to stock tampons for.
Wow! I got that in writing too.  Okay, Ron's boat is for sale right now. We can even keep it at his pier. I'm getting a new boat, Yay!!!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Grumpus on March 30, 2005, 05:19:50 PM
Wow! I got that in writing too.  Okay, Ron's boat is for sale right now. We can even keep it at his pier. I'm getting a new boat, Yay!!!
Ron's new boat?  I don't want the old lemon.  And I don't want the one with no bathroom - didn't that one sink?

ignom

Do gamp and grumpus have two separate computers, or do they just take turns?
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Grumpus

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 30, 2005, 05:25:12 PM
Quote from: Grumpus on March 30, 2005, 05:19:50 PM
Ron's new boat?  I don't want the old lemon.  And I don't want the one with no bathroom - didn't that one sink?
It has a bathroom, sorta it didn't sink so much as it just had a lot of water in it.  That's what the tampons will be for.

Grumpus

Quote from: ignom on March 30, 2005, 05:35:44 PM
Do gamp and grumpus have two separate computers, or do they just take turns?
Both.

Gamplayerx

For any of you that are keeping score:  the boat he's talking about does NOT have a bathroom.  The "sorta" bathroom he's talking about is hanging your ass over the side.  And the damn thing totally sank during Hurricane Isabel.  Grumpus insists it didn't sink, just got filled with water.  Whatever. 

DownSouth

Jessie

Argue some more!

It's more exciting than when I argue with myself.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

You can argue with me, Jessie.

Jessie

Gamplayerx

Jessie