News:

9/8/05: 6 months, 75,000 posts! Thanks to Nishi for the post!

Main Menu

Emmys

Started by Jessie, September 16, 2007, 07:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

Good thing she got that boob job. She would never have been able to wear that dress without the help.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Alice

I hate Aguilera's voice.  She was great as a kid - but not so great now, imo.

ReBurn

Quote from: Alice on September 18, 2007, 08:16:02 AM
I hate Aguilera's voice.  She was great as a kid - but not so great now, emo.

Jessie

I love her voice, but she overdoes it a lot of times.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dazie

Quote from: ReBurn on September 18, 2007, 08:05:50 AM
Good thing she got that boob job. She would never have been able to wear that dress without the help.

I believe she's being visited by the boob fairy at the moment, being pregnant and all...
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

manosax

Quote from: Jessie on September 18, 2007, 08:21:29 AM

I like her potential as a vocalist and her vocal timber.  Her problem as with many singers of her ilk is they forgo melody for idiom.  They imbelish too much and the melody gets lost.  The real problem with her, and anyone like her for that matter, singing jazz is that the idiom of jazz is a practice of choosing different melody noted that fit within the harmony.  The approach that she uses is using similar imbelishments to a melody note regardless of the harmony. 

The quiz will be next tuesday.

ReBurn

When I was in 10th grade there were girls in my class named Melody and Harmony.

manosax

I worked with a girl whose name was melody and her father was a musician that I actually respected... I think she had a cousin named Harmony

Alice

Quote from: manosax on September 18, 2007, 12:31:18 PM

I like her potential as a vocalist and her vocal timber.  Her problem as with many singers of her ilk is they forgo melody for idiom.  They imbelish too much and the melody gets lost.  The real problem with her, and anyone like her for that matter, singing jazz is that the idiom of jazz is a practice of choosing different melody noted that fit within the harmony.  The approach that she uses is using similar imbelishments to a melody note regardless of the harmony. 

Hit the nail on the head.  That's exactly why I'm not a fan. 

VikingJuice

Quote from: Alice on September 18, 2007, 01:00:07 PM
Quote from: manosax on September 18, 2007, 12:31:18 PM

Hit the nail on the head.  That's exactly why I'm not a fan. 

I never said she was polished in her skill set.  She's very raw and she uses what I would consider as a lot of tortured notes in her performances.  But the raw talent is there.  I really wish a good producer, who could bring in good a good coach, would partner up with her. I think her ability would take off.

I think in music, there is a dileniation much like in movies where there are actors, and there are movie stars.  She straddles the line in music between those two kinds of categories.  She teases with touches of skill here and there, but then agrees to play crappy pop tunes that have no meat.

manosax

She has always sung in that neo soul singer pop genre.  I think that she has listened to a lot of singers, but has very little musical training.  That 's the real difference.  Aretha plays piano and understands harmony.  christina has believed everything that people have told her.  I think that she is doing better than Brittnay because she wasn't the tease superstar and she went to other roads.  For me, I prefer diana krawl... much hotter too!

VikingJuice

Quote from: manosax on September 18, 2007, 06:09:04 PM
She has always sung in that neo soul singer pop genre.  I think that she has listened to a lot of singers, but has very little musical training.  That 's the real difference.  Aretha plays piano and understands harmony.  christina has believed everything that people have told her.  I think that she is doing better than Brittnay because she wasn't the tease superstar and she went to other roads.  For me, I prefer diana krawl... much hotter too!

Britt nevery had the talent to begin with.  Her music is completely manufacture crap like that of the boy bands of the late 90's.  Aretha, yeah, she's got it all, talent, training, and loads of experience too.  And for the record, I've been on the Dina Krall bandwagon for over a decade.  She has great music!

manosax

all that talent and I wouldn't kick her out of bed.... mmmmm

VikingJuice

Quote from: manosax on September 18, 2007, 06:24:21 PM
all that talent and I wouldn't kick her out of bed.... mmmmm

So you gotta thing for Aretha huh?

manosax

no, I was actually talking about Daina, but I'm sure Aretha gets her fair share...

VikingJuice

Quote from: manosax on September 18, 2007, 08:15:53 PM
no, I was actually talking about Daina, but I'm sure Aretha gets her fair share...

Her first CD cover was the reason I discovered her music.  So hot.  Then I noticed that she has this sexy whiskey voice when she sang.  I was hooked. 

[attachment deleted by admin]

DownSouth

She was great in Mallrats.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

manosax

I hadn't made that connection, but its really funny.

VikingJuice

Quote from: manosax on September 18, 2007, 10:59:09 PM
I hadn't made that connection, but its really funny.

I don't get it.