News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

The Star Wars: Episode 3 Junto Review and Discussion Thread

Started by Beef, May 18, 2005, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bishamonten

Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:19:40 PM
At the end, it was all a dream. Chewbacca, C-3P0 and Yoda were farmhands, R2 was just a trashcan, and Emperor Palpatine was really the weird lady who rode a bike around.

There's no place like hoth

Fixed that for you.

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 18, 2005, 02:20:18 PM
Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:19:40 PM
At the end, it was all a dream. Chewbacca, C-3P0 and Yoda were farmhands, R2 was just a trashcan, and Emperor Palpatine was really the weird lady who rode a bike around.

There's no place like hoth

Fixed that for you.

Niiiiiiice.

cnamon

If you two could take pictures of all the people in costumes, that would be super.

Eo will love that shit.

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:37:14 PM
If you two could take pictures of all the people in costumes, that would be super.

Eo will love masturbate to that shit.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

Quote from: eissej on May 18, 2005, 02:38:12 PM
Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:37:14 PM

Eo will love masturbate to that shit.
Good call.

Beefy

I am calling the theatre before leaving and asking if pictures are allowed.  If so, pictures you will have.

Also, 30 responses and yet no one has seen the damn film yet.

OBB

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 02:47:18 PM
I am calling the theatre before leaving and asking if pictures are allowed.  If so, pictures you will have.

Take pictures of hot girls too... especially Gold Bikini hot girls.

cnamon

I thought it wasn't going to be released until midnight

Beefy

Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:48:33 PM

Do you really think that if there are girls in the slave outfit that they'll be hot?

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:50:12 PM

12:01am

eo000

The one day i don't have my damn camera with me.  :'(

I saw 4 teen boys having an all out light saber fight on my way home. 

cnamon

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 02:51:14 PM
Quote from: cnamon on May 18, 2005, 02:50:12 PM

12:01am
Thanks for clearing that up.

Alice

Quote from: Beef on May 18, 2005, 02:50:53 PM
Quote from: OBB on May 18, 2005, 02:48:33 PM

Do you really think that if there are girls in the slave outfit that they'll be hot?

You speak the truth.

ReBurn

Quote from: eo000 on May 18, 2005, 02:55:59 PM
The one day i don't have my damn camera with me.  :'(

I saw 4 teen boys having an all out light saber fight on my way home. 
Hopefully they all killed each other.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Bishamonten

Started reading Shatterpoint.  Damned good so far.

nishi

i love this thread. i drove over 2 hours with a 1968 pontiac catalina station wagon full of fellow theatre students to see the opening night of.... one of the star wars movies.

(i'm really old.)

we had never been to that city (columbia, SC), and we didn't even know which movie theater it was playing in. we just went there, and then drove around asking people until we found it. we were at dinner, jonesing about how it was opening but not in our city, and then we started naming cities it was opening in, and someone got a paper, and the next thing i knew, something totally stupid was happening.

ok. it was The Empire Strikes Back, and it was a perfect and ridiculous night.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Alice

Quote from: nishi on May 18, 2005, 04:18:50 PM
i love this thread. i drove over 2 hours with a 1968 pontiac catalina station wagon full of fellow theatre students to see the opening night of.... one of the star wars movies.

(i'm really old.)

we had never been to that city (columbia, SC), and we didn't even know which movie theater it was playing in. we just went there, and then drove around asking people until we found it. we were at dinner, jonesing about how it was opening but not in our city, and then we started naming cities it was opening in, and someone got a paper, and the next thing i knew, something totally stupid was happening.

ok. it was The Empire Strikes Back, and it was a perfect and ridiculous night.

That sounds amazing Nishi.

ignom

The only one I saw in the theater was Return of the Jedi. I was 5. I remember I went with my dad, and we got there late and they were already in Jabba's hut. We tried to talk the usher or somebody into letting us stay to see the beginning, but he wouldn't let us.

I don't think I saw it again til I was 12 or so.

I also saw the reissue of Star Wars in the theater with the new fx, but that's not quite the same.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

nishi

i'm actually sitting here at my desk, grinning like an idiot, thinking about the whole thing. i didn't even know how to get to columbia - i think we had to ask directions even for that. we got there in time for the second show, they were running them once an hour i think, so the 1:00am show and some dickweed coming out of the theatre started yelling about darth vadar being luke skywalker's father and someone tackled him to get him to shut up.

we were in the very front row of the theatre which made reading the opening really uncomfortable..... but it was such a great movie to be enveloped in and swept away by.
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Alice

Youphoric

Alice

04:35:06