News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Lost Season 3 Discussion Thread

Started by Beefy, August 26, 2006, 04:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

What'choo talkin' 'bout, Catchr?  I've seen Lost.

Beefy

*BOOT*

Lost has been booted back to the 9pm CST/10pm EST time slot when it returns in February so it's not directly up against American Idol again this year.

Jessie

Timothy's gonna be upset.  I'll let him stay up til 10 to watch, but not 11.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Jessie on December 06, 2006, 09:51:05 AM
Timothy's gonna be upset.  I'll let him stay up til 10 to watch, but not 11.

Tivo, record or watch it over the internet.  I am going to do that from now on, the commercials are infuriating. 

Jessie

BigDun

16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Hey Bish, did you see that they've hired Brian K. Vaughn onto the writing staff?  So now they have Vaughn and Loeb.  I wonder how that will change the course of things, if at all.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on January 04, 2007, 10:56:52 AM
Hey Bish, did you see that they've hired Brian K. Vaughn onto the writing staff?  So now they have Vaughn and Loeb.  I wonder how that will change the course of things, if at all.

I heard about this last weekend.  Vaughn is a fantastic writer and will hopefully class the show up 100%.  Unfortunately, Lost is in Season 3 now.  They've dug a seriously deep fucking hole for themselves.  In the famous words of Deadwood, "Trixie must have done some magic fucking for Al to keep her alive!"  Vaughn's going to have to do some magical fucking to fix this show.  I'd rather see Vaughn and Loeb on Heroes.

Beefy

Apparently Abram's much ballyhooed return to the show wasn't much, as he's working on a pilot for HBO and steering the Star Trek franchise now.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on January 04, 2007, 11:34:52 AM
Apparently Abram's much ballyhooed return to the show wasn't much, as he's working on a pilot for HBO and steering the Star Trek franchise now.

Abrams can't do long-term gigs.  Alias turned into a fucking mess in season 3.  He seems to run out of ideas very quickly.

Alice

Quote from: Bishamonten on January 04, 2007, 11:33:27 AM
Quote from: Beefy on January 04, 2007, 10:56:52 AM

I heard about this last weekend.  Vaughn is a fantastic writer and will hopefully class the show up 100%.  Unfortunately, Lost is in Season 3 now.  They've dug a seriously deep fucking hole for themselves.  In the famous words of Deadwood, "Trixie must have done some magic fucking for Al to keep her alive!"  Vaughn's going to have to do some magical fucking to fix this show.  I'd rather see Vaughn and Loeb on Heroes.
Trixie is going to be on ER this week... at least I think that was the show.  I saw a preview and she was on it.

Jessie

DownSouth

"It's always been discussed that the show would have a beginning, middle and end."

What a concept.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Yay!

Sawyer just whooped that asshole something fierce!

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on February 07, 2007, 10:07:12 PM
Yay!

WTF just happeened.  I'm going ato watch in bed, with a fever and dnnyquil.  hooray.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on February 07, 2007, 10:16:30 PM
Yay!

WTF just happeened.  I'm going ato watch in bed, with a fever and dnnyquil.  hooray.

Maybe you should wait till you feel a little better, Red.  :)

Beefy

Beefy

Jessie

Quote from: Jessie on February 07, 2007, 10:16:30 PM
Yay!

:-\

Beefy

Mittelos is an anagram for "lost time", Aldo was reading A Brief History of Time last night, specificaly the chapter on black holes and how they can bend time and space, and Mr. Friendly/Zeke/Tom mentioned to Jack last night that ever since the hatch blew and the sky turned purple that getting Ben off the island is no longer a possibility.

Think that the island is outside the normal Earth timestream now?  Seems that way...

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on February 08, 2007, 11:05:43 AM
Mittelos is an anagram for "lost time", Aldo was reading A Brief History of Time last night, specificaly the chapter on black holes and how they can bend time and space, and Mr. Friendly/Zeke/Tom mentioned to Jack last night that ever since the hatch blew and the sky turned purple that getting Ben off the island is no longer a possibility.

Think that the island is outside the normal Earth timestream now?  Seems that way...

Interesting.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on February 08, 2007, 12:58:33 PM
Quote from: Beefy on February 08, 2007, 11:05:43 AM
Mittelos is an anagram for "lost time", Aldo was reading A Brief History of Time last night, specifically the chapter on black holes and how they can bend time and space, and Mr. Friendly/Zeke/Tom mentioned to Jack last night that ever since the hatch blew and the sky turned purple that getting Ben off the island is no longer a possibility.

Interesting.

This also explains last night's conundrum of why a 27 year old woman's uterus looked like a 70 year old woman's uterus.  If this woman had been in a timestream that moved much faster than the normal, she would have aged faster.  Or something like that.  This narrative device could also be employed when they finally bring Walt back on the show, since he will be much older in real life and they will have to address that.