News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Rich Little is Alive

Started by Infobahn, June 25, 2005, 01:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Infobahn

I know, as I was eating dinner next to him at the Detroit Airport last night.

Folks, I hate to say this, but I am putting him in my dead pool.   

He was with his manager, and requisite arm candy.

BigDun

Quote from: Infobahn on June 25, 2005, 01:45:49 PM

You have a pool full of dead people?
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on June 25, 2005, 03:27:11 PM
Quote from: Infobahn on June 25, 2005, 01:45:49 PM

You have a pool full of dead people?

DS has to store the dead hookers somewhere now that he only has an apartment.

Gamplayerx

I'm uncertain as to which annoying person Rich Little is.

nishi

he made a living doing comedic impressions. none of which i remember. well - maybe i remember him doing nixon.

he was apparently called "The Man of a Thousand Voices", which i think would drive me to have him killed if i actually knew him personally.

info - how did he look? i bet he's had some work done. does he have the botoxhead thing going?
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

<<U.S. Presidents: John F. Kennedy, Lyndon Johnson, Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford, Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton, both George Bushes...Rich Little has an impression of each of them.

Infamous for his skewing of political figures, Little has charmed, amused, annoyed, and lampooned politicians from here to his native Canada. He entertained at the Reagan inaugurals and spent much of 2003 touring the United States with his show The Presidents.

A master mimic of over 200 voices, Little continues to impress in Atlantic City, Las Vegas, Reno, Hawaii, Chicago, New York, and London.

A professed classic movie buff, he's particularly fond of doing Alan Ladd (his hero as a kid) and others who are no longer generally remembered, but Little has also latched on to Baby Boomer-friendly characters like Edith Bunker, Kermit the Frog, Robin Leach, and Dr. Ruth Westheimer, just to name a few.

Some of his favorite current stars are Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sylvester Stallone, Jack Nicholson, and Clint Eastwood. "They're easy to do," he says. "They are larger than life."

Little says,"an impression is what you think a person sounds like. It could be an exaggeration or a cartoon. It's your impression. I think of an impersonation as more of an exact copy. Knowing the person personally is not important; it's knowing the speech patterns and mannerisms [in order] to imitate the person the way the public sees him." It took him seven years to perfect Frank Sinatra, but only several minutes to mimic Dr. Ruth. >>

oh my.

and guess what? he's CANADIAN!!
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

this paragraph contains frightening television trivia:

<<Appearances on TV variety shows starring Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, Glen Campbell, and Dean Martin followed, as well as on such series as Laugh-In, The John Davidson Summer Show, and The Julie Andrews Show. Little had his own variety show in the 70's. He also was an early guest host on that TV staple, The Tonight Show, hosting 12 times. He was the star of the TV show KopyKats. Rich Little became a household name sitting in one of the Hollywood Squares and has also appeared on the Oak Ridge Boys Variety Special.>>

the oak. ridge. boys. variety. special.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

followed by some very interesting trivia:

<<Little's expert impressions have also been used seriously, as when he stepped in for stars who were unable to do their own redubbings on soundtracks. David Niven's vocal cords were gone due to illness in his last film, Curse of the Pink Panther. Peter Sellers himself was gone by the end of The Trail of the Pink Panther. Little provided both voices for these films. The TV series Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer needed voice-over narrations on three shows, but star Stacey Keach was unable to finish them. Rich Little was called in to finish the job. He also did Gene Kelly for a Christmas special when Kelly lost his voice.>>
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Infobahn

His face did looked like it had worked on, not botox but a lift.  He had look like he has lost a step, almost like he needed a cane.  Still had a twinkle in his eye and was smiling the whole time.  I guess he is 67, but my Mom is 68 today and she looks MUCH younger than him.

dc

Quote from: nishi on June 25, 2005, 10:03:31 PM

<<Appearances on TV variety shows starring Ed Sullivan, Jackie Gleason, Glen Campbell, and Dean Martin followed, as well as on such series as Laugh-In, The John Davidson Summer Show, and The Julie Andrews Show. Little had his own variety show in the 70's. He also was an early guest host on that TV staple, The Tonight Show, hosting 12 times. He was the star of the TV show KopyKats. Rich Little became a household name sitting in one of the Hollywood Squares and has also appeared on the Oak Ridge Boys Variety Special.>>

Now I know what to get you for your birthday!

nishi

Quote from: dc on June 25, 2005, 10:08:48 PM

you are not a nice man.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

dc

Quote from: nishi on June 25, 2005, 10:34:05 PM
Quote from: dc on June 25, 2005, 10:08:48 PM

you are not a nice man.

Flattery won't work on me.

BigDun

I have photographs of him from a comedy concert I attended at a Six Flags (or some similar theme park) sometime in the late the 70's.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt