News:

Laughter is like changing a baby's diaper. It doesn't permanently solve any problems, but it makes thing more acceptable for awhile.

Main Menu

IE not working

Started by Jessie, July 18, 2006, 10:55:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

My brother is on Yahoo telling me that he can get online on yahoo (obviously) but can't navigate to any sites on IE.  Everything says server not found or whatever.  I'm kind of at a loss here.  What would cause that?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dc

Quote from: jessie on July 18, 2006, 10:55:18 PM
My brother is on Yahoo telling me that he can get online on yahoo (obviously) but can't navigate to any sites on IE.  Everything says server not found or whatever.  I'm kind of at a loss here.  What would cause that?

Not using Firefox would do it....

But the firewall is sometimes a culprit, if he's running one.  Plus, today is Tuesday, and that's MS patch day.  Did he get the new updates?  One could be bad.  There're lots of reasons....

Jessie

He's gone now. I'll pass on that info when and if he comes back.  Thanks dc.  Cute, cuddly, and helpful.  As always.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

DownSouth

16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

nishi

"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on July 19, 2006, 08:17:44 AM
Connect the C wire.

Oh man, I bet that fixes my plumbing woes, too.

sapphirehart

That happened to me several months ago (actually more like a year ago).  I had a nasty virus on my computer and had to reformat my hard drive.  That was fun.