News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

Where's it hiding?

Started by Jessie, January 13, 2006, 02:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

Ok, so I was just googling for juntoonline, just for fun, and I have Google Desktop installed.  It's finding old messages from my outlook that are no longer there.  I can pull them up with Google Desktop though, and I can read them.

Where are they so I can delete them for real?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Jessie on January 13, 2006, 02:37:09 PM
Ok, so I was just googling for juntoonline, just for fun, and I have Google Desktop installed.  It's finding old messages from my outlook that are no longer there.  I can pull them up with Google Desktop though, and I can read them.

does google desktop cache files so even if they are deleted is it pulling them that way?
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Jessie

Quote from: Mr. Ubiquity on January 13, 2006, 02:39:01 PM
Quote from: Jessie on January 13, 2006, 02:37:09 PM

does google desktop cache files so even if they are deleted is it pulling them that way?

I don't know.

Jessie

Removing Results
You can delete any item from Google Desktop's index. Once you've removed an item from the index, it won't show up in your Desktop search results ever again. The one exception is if you re-read an email in Outlook or Thunderbird, in which case it will get reindexed and added back to your search results.

But remember, you're only deleting Google Desktop's version(s) of the item. The current version is still in your computer, mailbox, or on its website. If you want to get rid of the original, live version of the item, you have to delete it from where it lives, the same as any file, email, or web page that Google Desktop doesn't know about.
If you delete the original, live version of an email, file, or web page, and there are copies of it in your Google Desktop cache, those copies will not be automatically deleted. To get rid of the cached copies as well, you'll have to explicitly delete them from Google Desktop.

Jessie

I think I fixed it.  I just told google to stop caching web pages and email. 

Bennyhana

Oh, good.  I was about to say that a program that cached files on your computer without telling you was invasive and potentially dangerous.  Glad you got that crap sorted out.

Jessie

Thanks for your help, Marky Mark.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: Bennyhana on January 13, 2006, 02:55:31 PM
Oh, good.  I was about to say that a program that cached files on your computer without telling you was invasive and potentially dangerous.  Glad you got that crap sorted out.

as opposed to the software that doesnt cache your files that are evasive and potentially dangerous...

"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

ReBurn

11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!