News:

04/07/05 1000th thread provided by Cnamon! This isn't really JuntoOnline. It's CnamonOnline!

Main Menu

What we had for dinner

Started by dazie, August 28, 2005, 07:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dazie

This was SO good.

Bowtie pasta, tossed with veggies (yellow summer squash, broccoli, peas, roasted red peppers and some slightly spicy green peppers) and a basil cream sauce made with basil FROM MY OWN HERB GARDEN (yay!) parmesan, garlic, pecans and cream.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

eo000

ReBurn

Needs more chicken.  And a burger.  And maybe a juicy steak.

Yeah...
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

dazie

Quote from: ReBurninator on August 28, 2005, 07:53:23 AM
Needs more chicken.  And a burger.  And maybe a juicy steak.

Yeah...

*lol*  well, I was thinking "next time I'll add some chicken"

Gamplayerx

Sounds great except for the squash, roasted peppers and pecans.  Other than than, YUM!

dazie

Note to self- never try to cook for Gamp.  Check.

Gamplayerx

I could always just pick the ick out.  :)

dazie

Quote from: Gamplayerx on August 28, 2005, 09:25:45 AM
I could always just pick the ick out.  :)

The pecans were ground up in the sauce.  The recipe called for pine nuts, but I didn't have any and they're really freaking expensive, so I just used what I had.

BigDun

I like nuts but don't care for them when used in cooked dishes. It's just not right.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

dazie

mmmm... as good as it was last night, it was even BETTER today.  Cold.  Straight from the fridge.

YUM!

dazie

Tonight was "Transcendant Brown Rice"

Brown and wild rice mixed with sauteed garlic, diced carrots & eggplant, raw purple pepper, raw tomato, shredded cheddar cheese and topped with parmesan.

Yum.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on August 28, 2005, 07:47:05 AM
This was SO good.

Bowtie pasta, tossed with veggies (yellow summer squash, broccoli, peas, roasted red peppers and some slightly spicy green peppers) and a basil cream sauce made with basil FROM MY OWN HERB GARDEN (yay!) parmesan, garlic, pecans and cream.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.

did you make sure to throw out the receipt and packaging and dust yourself with some flour before serving it to everyone??
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

Squash and eggplant are teh suck.

dazie

Quote from: Marixis on September 17, 2005, 07:27:12 AM
This was SO good.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.

did you make sure to throw out the receipt and packaging and dust yourself with some flour before serving it to everyone??

?  The only thing I didn't make from absolute scratch was the pasta.  I can cook you know.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Beef on September 17, 2005, 07:53:08 AM
Squash and eggplant are teh suck.
x2

What the heck is purple pepper?

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on September 17, 2005, 08:18:14 AM
This was SO good.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.

?  The only thing I didn't make from absolute scratch was the pasta.  I can cook you know.

justgivinyalotsofshityaknow
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

Beefy

This was SO good.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.

I bet you're a kickass cook.

dazie

Quote from: Beef on September 17, 2005, 09:40:34 AM
This was SO good.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.

:)  I like to think so.  Ursus is good too.  I think it's pretty obvious by the fact that we're both so overweight!  *lol*

On the menu today- apple pie.  I bought some jonagold apples at the farmers market.

AND some really cool "Black Zebra" tomatoes.  (not going to put the tomatoes into the apple pie)  I think I'll make salsa.  If they're any good, I'm going to grow some next year.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: dazie on September 17, 2005, 11:59:00 AM
This was SO good.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.

:)  I like to think so.  Ursus is good too.  I think it's pretty obvious by the fact that we're both so overweight!  *lol*

On the menu today- apple pie.  I bought some jonagold apples at the farmers market.

AND some really cool "Black Zebra" tomatoes.  (not going to put the tomatoes into the apple pie)  I think I'll make salsa.  If they're any good, I'm going to grow some next year.

that called being a lazy assed juntoer :)

dazie

Quote from: Marixis on September 17, 2005, 02:52:44 PM
Quote from: dazie on September 17, 2005, 11:59:00 AM
This was SO good.

OMG.  Sooooooo yummy.

that called being a lazy assed juntoer :)

Nah.  I was overweight well before Junto came along.  I've actually lost weight since Junto started...