News:

ever clean urine and wet dreams out of a t-rex's mouth

Main Menu

Vegan cooking class

Started by cnamon, May 20, 2005, 12:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cnamon

It was not good.

If it taste like chicken, damnit just eat chicken.

ignom

Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Beefy

cnamon

There were tofu meatballs and chili.

It tasted like smelly ass dressed in ketchup.

Gamplayerx

You're taken vegan cooking classes?

cnamon

Quote from: Gamplayerx on May 20, 2005, 12:27:13 PM
No...it is the end of our health and wellness week at work and they had a woman come in and prepare vegan food to give us a healthy diet alternative.

STEAKS FOREVER!

Gamplayerx

Oh.  Your office is weird.

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on May 20, 2005, 12:28:39 PM
No...it is the end of our health and wellness week at work and they had a woman come in and prepare vegan food to give us a healthy diet alternative.

STEAKS FOREVER!

I think everyone who is okay with the current practices of the meat industry should have to kill their own cow at least once.

BigDun

Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2005, 12:32:11 PM

STEAKS FOREVER!

I think everyone who is okay with the current practices of the meat industry should have to kill their own cow at least once.

I worked in a chicken factory when in college so I get to eat all the chicken I want guilt free.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

cnamon

STEAKS FOREVER!

I lived near a farm...I have seen it all.  Doesn't bother me that much.

Although I will never eat veal.

BigDun

STEAKS FOREVER!

I've shot cows with bottle rockets. Does that count?

DownSouth

I ate shrooms that I picked myself.  Am I in?
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Bishamonten

STEAKS FOREVER!

First job:  Butcher.  Does that mean I can keep eating meat?

Jessie

When I look at cows, it makes me sad to eat their juicy flesh, but I guess that it's part of nature.  Survival of the fittest and all that.

Plus, they taste really good.

I could never eat an animal that I knew first, though.  I'm sure that makes me hypocritical.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Wow, the meat-eating masses got their cockles up.  Simmer down, kiddies.

What I said was that if you are okay with their practices you should have to kill your own cow.  Not that everyone who eats meat is evil.  I eat meat and I'm evil, though for compeltely different reasons.

The meat industries in this country utilize horrifying practices in how they raise/treat/kill their livestock.  This goes for the fowl and seafood indutries as well.  It is why I go out of my way and pay more to ensure I am getting my food from somewhere that does not support such practices.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2005, 12:56:31 PM
It is why I go out of my way and pay more to ensure I am getting my food from somewhere that does not support such practices.

x2

Hooray for Whole Foods!

(Do any of you have those?)

Jessie

My cockles aren't up.

My silver bells, however, are blooming nicely.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

And no, I don't think shooting cows with bottle rockets is in any way okay.

Bishamonten

Wow, the meat-eating masses got their cockles up.  Simmer down, kiddies.

What I said was that if you are okay with their practices you should have to kill your own cow.  Not that everyone who eats meat is evil.  I eat meat and I'm evil, though for compeltely different reasons.

The meat industries in this country utilize horrifying practices in how they raise/treat/kill their livestock.  This goes for the fowl and seafood indutries as well.  It is why I go out of my way and pay more to ensure I am getting my food from somewhere that does not support such practices.

What's the point of excessively good treatement of animals raised as food?  The end product is the same, while the prices are not.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 20, 2005, 12:59:31 PM
What's the point of excessively good treatement of animals raised as food?  The end product is the same, while the prices are not.

The ends do not justify the means.  Just because they end up being butchered does not mean it is okay to mistreat them while they are alive.

cnamon

Quote from: aliceliddell on May 20, 2005, 12:58:25 PM
It is why I go out of my way and pay more to ensure I am getting my food from somewhere that does not support such practices.

x2

Hooray for Whole Foods!

I love whole foods.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2005, 01:01:24 PM

The ends do not justify the means.  Just because they end up being butchered does not mean it is okay to mistreat them while they are alive.

Under what reasoning?  They are food.

Beefy

Quote from: cnamon on May 20, 2005, 01:01:37 PM
Quote from: aliceliddell on May 20, 2005, 12:58:25 PM

x2

Hooray for Whole Foods!

I love whole foods.

I do too, though unfortunately the closest one to me is in downtown Houston.

Kroger's really marks up their prices.   :(

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 20, 2005, 01:02:09 PM
Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2005, 01:01:24 PM

Under what reasoning?  They are food.

They don't become food until they've been killed.  Until then, they are alive and feel pain just like anything else.

BigDun

Quote from: Beefy on May 20, 2005, 12:58:57 PM
And no, I don't think shooting cows with bottle rockets is in any way okay.

I was young and stupid at the time. Years later I went back and hugged them and told them I was sorry.