News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Goodbye Chef.

Started by pumpkineye, March 13, 2006, 05:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pumpkineye

cnamon

That would be kind of awesome.

Speaking of Scientologist, isn't Katie Holes like at 13 months?  That kids needs an X Box in the womb.

DownSouth

I haven't seen that show in so long.  Is it still funny?  It's on too late for me.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

pumpkineye

Quote from: cnamon on March 13, 2006, 05:23:52 PM

Speaking of Scientologist, isn't Katie Holes like at 13 months?  That kids needs an X Box in the womb.

didn't she announce the pregnancy in oct?

cnamon

Quote from: pumpkineye on March 13, 2006, 05:29:33 PM

It seems like it has been forever...I think she is due this month. I am kinda scared for her.

pumpkineye

Quote from: cnamon on March 13, 2006, 05:30:41 PM

It seems like it has been forever...I think she is due this month. I am kinda scared for her.

i'm actually hating myself for remembering this.... i really dislike the whole tom and katie thing.

cnamon

Quote from: pumpkineye on March 13, 2006, 05:34:29 PM

i'm actually hating myself for remembering this.... i really dislike the whole tom and katie thing.
It was announced in Oct...but she was pretty big then.  I am surprised she is still walking now. 

I hate the fact that she seems to have no control over the whole thing.  Kinda sad.

Jessie

Quote from: cnamon on March 13, 2006, 05:37:02 PM

It was announced in Oct...but she was pretty big then.  I am surprised she is still walking now. 

I hate the fact that she seems to have no control over the whole thing.  Kinda sad.
It's ok though, because I love your avatar.  I loved it more when I thought it was DS's, but I still love it now. 

[attachment deleted by admin]
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

dc

It's amazing how thin-skinned Scientologists are...  Use the wrong inflection on a syllable of the word, and they're likely to be enraged. 

Gamplayerx

I need more caffeine.  I read that as engorged.

Jessie

Bennyhana

Since the government is forced to put up with scientology, I think it's the DUTY of things like South Park to speak up against it.  People used to make jokes about celebrities selling their souls for their fame.  I think Scientology is the closest real thing to that.

ReBurn

YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT ISAAC HAYES!  I DO!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

swolt

http://www.star-ecentral.com/tvnradio/tracks/tracks.asp?file=archives/tracks/2006/3/22Newtwistto&date=3/22/2006

QuoteNew twist to 'South Park' Chef mess?

Nope. He didn't call it quits on his own accord.
Isaac Hayes did not quit Comedy Central's South Park, says FoxNews.com's Roger Friedman.

"I can tell you that Hayes is in no position to have quit anything," he wrote.

"Contrary to news reports, the great writer, singer and musician suffered a stroke on Jan. 17. ... It's also absolutely ridiculous to think that Hayes, who loved playing Chef on South Park, would suddenly turn against the show because they were poking fun at Scientology."

Fox is denying that the alleged friction between Hayes and South Park creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone was a publicity stunt.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

nishi

"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Jessie

Did any of you watch South Park last night?  I rarely do, but for some reason did, not even realizing til the very end that it was a new episode.  It was quite funny.

pumpkineye

Quote from: Jessie on March 23, 2006, 12:02:27 PM
Did any of you watch South Park last night?  I rarely do, but for some reason did, not even realizing til the very end that it was a new episode.  It was quite funny.

yes, it was great.  I'm glad they did Chef's last episode like that.  for those who missed it, but want to know how they bashed scientology:  they used old chef dialogue in the most obvious way and the kids found out he was brainwashed by a cult like organization that believes they get immortality by f***ing little kids.  They put together old chef clips so he would say stuff like "i wanna screw you in the ass children".  but the tones were all over the place, good stuff.

swolt

great concept, poor exicution. It was pretty funny but parts of it seemed forced and not south parkish.

overall it was still pretty funny. I loved the ending.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.

Alice

Quote from: pumpkineye on March 23, 2006, 12:16:40 PM

yes, it was great.  I'm glad they did Chef's last episode like that.  for those who missed it, but want to know how they bashed scientology:  they used old chef dialogue in the most obvious way and the kids found out he was brainwashed by a cult like organization that believes they get immortality by f***ing little kids.  They put together old chef clips so he would say stuff like "i wanna screw you in the ass children".  but the tones were all over the place, good stuff.
From what I've heard, that was all a publicity stunt.  That Hayes actually left because of prostate cancer & has no issues with the show.

pumpkineye

Quote from: Alice on March 23, 2006, 12:20:17 PM

From what I've heard, that was all a publicity stunt.  That Hayes actually left because of prostate cancer & has no issues with the show.

but there was an audio clip of Hayes saying the things about scientology being bashed and stuff.

cnamon

I wish I had seen that!  Sounds awesome!

cnamon

Quote from: Alice on March 23, 2006, 12:20:17 PM

I think he had a stroke.

Beefy

Quote from: nishi on March 22, 2006, 10:51:42 AM

I get that and love you for it.

Jessie

I'm fucking crying over here.

I want to stick my balls in your rectum, Kyle.

Jessie

Ok, now I saw the beginning of the show that I watched the end of last week.  I'm all caught up.

nishi

Quote from: Beefy on March 23, 2006, 01:59:21 PM
Quote from: nishi on March 22, 2006, 10:51:42 AM

I get that and love you for it.

i've been hoping and hoping that you would read this thread....
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

pumpkineye

Bennyhana

Quote from: pumpkineye on March 27, 2006, 04:04:10 PM
http://www.postchronicle.com/news/entertainment/tittletattle/article_212119901.shtml

he denies leaving because of a stroke.

Or, at least, an article claims that his publicist denied it for him.  I think we're never gonna know the whole truth on this one, and it's not important enough to dig.

Listener

I thought the eulogy at the end was brilliant... the dual message that even the dullest SP viewer sitting in his/her college dorm can't miss:  don't hate Isaac Hayes for the way he left the show; love him for the things he did for the show in the past.

And yes, the ending was awesomely funny.