News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Lost Season 3 Discussion Thread

Started by Beefy, August 26, 2006, 04:38:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dry then Catch

dazie

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?

Beefy

I figured that dude committed suicide by jumping out the window because it was a better fate than what faced him.

Sad that Eko is gone, but not surprising.

1. The actor had gotten in traffic problems on Hawaii.  Look what happened to the last two that happened to.

2. The actor was apparently not happy living in Hawaii anymore.

3. Eko was no longer needed as man of faith on the show now that they've returned John Locke back to his former glory.

I think it's interesting that all the time we complained that we never saw the monster anymore and yet we saw the monster all the time and didn't know it.  Sneaky writers.

Oh, and yeah - the two new Losties suck.  Especially the dude.

Looking forward to find out who the pirate is.  Perhaps it is Radzinsky?

Jessie

Wait, when did we see the monster all the time?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

Quote from: Jessie on November 07, 2006, 03:28:50 PM
Wait, when did we see the monster all the time?

When Jack saw his dad.  When Hurley saw his imaginary friend.  Whenever anyone saw someone they couldn't possibly be seeing on the island.  It was the "monster" pulling out a memory from someone's head.  At least, that was the inference as I understood it.

The real question is: why? 

Jessie

Oohhh that makes sense now.  Gotcha.

Beefy

Also, I wonder who the pirate is.  I'm betting they don't clear that one up before the mid-season break.

Beefy

Nathan Fillion shows up starting tonight.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on November 08, 2006, 03:45:47 PM
WHAT?!?!

Had I known he was going to be on the show - I would have watched it from Day 1.  Dammit!

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on November 08, 2006, 03:56:57 PM
WHAT?!?!

Had I known he was going to be on the show - I would have watched it from Day 1.  Dammit!

I don't think he's going to be on very much, so don't sweat it. 

Gamplayerx

FEBRUARY?!?!  Kiss my ass, ABC.  Damnit!

Jessie

Quote from: Beefy on November 08, 2006, 04:14:17 PM
WHAT?!?!

I got dragged off with coworkers and missed it.  DAMN IT.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Jessie on November 08, 2006, 10:58:48 PM
WHAT?!?!

If it helps, he didn't get all naked or anything.

Alice

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 08, 2006, 11:00:23 PM
WHAT?!?!

He does in my imagination every day.  *sigh*

Gamplayerx

Quote from: Alice on November 09, 2006, 09:40:44 AM
Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 08, 2006, 11:00:23 PM
WHAT?!?!

He does in my imagination every day.  *sigh*
Since there's no more show for months and months, the least they could've done was give us some naked.

Beefy

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 08, 2006, 10:54:07 PM

Blame the whiny fans.  ABC is doing this because of them.  Lost has some of the whiniest, most unrealistic fans I've come across in a while.

/whine

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on November 09, 2006, 04:28:09 PM

Blame the whiny fans.  ABC is doing this because of them.  Lost has some of the whiniest, most unrealistic fans I've come across in a while.

/whine

Doing what because of them?

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 10:54:23 AM

/whine

Breaking the season up into two distinct sections with no breaks or repeats.

I wish they'd have just done like 24 and run them all at once.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 10:58:15 AM

/whine

But how is that related to whiny fans?  Franky did season 2 - when you had no idea when there'd be a next episode and 2 distinct seasons( ala BSG ) I'm all for the latter. 

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 11:10:27 AM

/whine

But how is that related to whiny fans?  Franky did season 2 - when you had no idea when there'd be a next episode and 2 distinct seasons( ala BSG ) I'm all for the latter. 

Because the execs of stated that the reason they are taking such an exasperated gap was to appease fans.  I still think it's a bad idea.  Tt removes the show out of the minds and zeitgeist of the audience right in the middle of the season.  They should have just done like 24 instead of breaking it up.

But my point was more meant to be about not being able to please the fans.  The show already gets bitched about constantly because they "never" reveal anything, though they have stayed true to their mandate of how they stated the show would unfold from the beginning.  So then they try to appease fans and break up the season into two portions and people bitch about the long wait in the middle.  And I'm sure there will be some new reasons to bitch before the season is through.

I count myself among the bitchy.  I just don't know that the bitchiness is helping solve anything.  I'm not convinced this bi-season thing isn't a worse idea.  If the ratings start to fall too much the writers and producers may be forced to wrap everything up in an abrupt period of time and that wouldn't sit very well.

Bishamonten

Quote from: Beefy on November 14, 2006, 01:06:31 PM
Quote from: Bishamonten on November 14, 2006, 11:10:27 AM

/whine

Because the execs of stated that the reason they are taking such an exasperated gap was to appease fans.  I still think it's a bad idea.  Tt removes the show out of the minds and zeitgeist of the audience right in the middle of the season.  They should have just done like 24 instead of breaking it up.

But my point was more meant to be about not being able to please the fans.  The show already gets bitched about constantly because they "never" reveal anything, though they have stayed true to their mandate of how they stated the show would unfold from the beginning.  So then they try to appease fans and break up the season into two portions and people bitch about the long wait in the middle.  And I'm sure there will be some new reasons to bitch before the season is through.

I count myself among the bitchy.  I just don't know that the bitchiness is helping solve anything.  I'm not convinced this bi-season thing isn't a worse idea.  If the ratings start to fall too much the writers and producers may be forced to wrap everything up in an abrupt period of time and that wouldn't sit very well.

True, it's out of sight out of mind, but really, it's no worse than what they did during season 2.  They had breaks for no goddamned reason.  They just disappeared and nobody knew when they'd be seeing another Lost.  If they're smart they'll have something between the sub-seasons.  Like BSG did with the Resistance web-episodes.

I'm pretty much through with the show.  They're not revealing some grand story - they're throwing spaghetti and seeing what sticks.

Dry then Catch

Maybe the quality hasn't really changed, but I found it a much higher quality and engrossing showing watching n controlled bursts on DVD from season 1 to early season 2.  From late Season 2 on I've been watching with commercials and long breaks.  I forget what happens and why I care. 

I have to agree with Bish in a way.  There'd better be some overarching theme or other earlier loose ends tied evenly, or this is rapidly turning into a high budget nerdy soap opera.  It still is the top 5 things on TV though. 

Gamplayerx

What do you have against soap operas?

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Gamplayerx on November 27, 2006, 11:23:20 PM
What do you have against soap operas?

True or not the general connotation of soap operas being cheap thrills, absurd plot mechanics, melodrama...

Anyway, i just finished the last episode on the website (I have to say, shows on network websites is a great idea).

By the time the next new episode rolls around, the sense of curiousity and burning from the last episode has already naturally put itself out.

5 cent analogy: Only foreplay at night, then the suddenly SURPRISE SEX, two days later in the afternoon. That is how the plot unveils.

Gamp, you haven't seen Lost right?  Don't get me wrong its a great show.  Just wait till the series is over and watch the DVDs, 3 or 4 episodes per week.  Its the most natural and satisfying way to do it.