News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Kanye West - Late Registration

Started by eo000, August 30, 2005, 06:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eo000

eo000

here's the first single off the album. Diamonds From Sierra Leone

and another song, Roses.

Gamplayerx

Comcast is gonna start hating you. 

eo000

Beefy

Wait, isn't that being released today?  Did you download it?

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on August 30, 2005, 07:17:15 AM
Wait, isn't that being released today?  Did you download it?
bought it this morning.  I get up early. :)

Dry then Catch

there was a good article in Time about him

eo000

He'll probably get another half dozen Grammys.

Jessie

I was listening to (by accident) the local rock station morning show yesterday.  They were slamming him for his comments Friday on the telathon thingy.

While his methods were questionable, I respect him for saying what he felt and putting himself out there.  The idiot djs (the same two who regularly say 'so and so needs to something hisself' - f'n idiots) were saying, "They shouldn't let rappers talk.  Cain West (they were so invested in the situation that they couldn't even pronounce his name) is an idiot."  They were saying how people should get their heads blown off in LA if they shoot at cops, totally missing that the stated order was to shoot looters (as I understand it).

Anyway, the point is, The Fox, your morning djs are idiots who pander to the redneck and largely racist portion of this city.  I really really hate you.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

The dude was a yutz for doing what he did Friday night.

I listened to some of the new album.  The production quality is fantastic.  He, however, never seems to be able to make up his mind if he's going to sing or if he's going to rap, so instead he just kind of talks melodically, which isn't that compelling.

Jessie

I love the Golddigger song, especially Jamie Foxx's part.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

Quote from: Jessie on September 07, 2005, 10:27:15 AM
I love the Golddigger song, especially Jamie Foxx's part.
18 years, 18 years!

I like that song too.

Yes, I do like that Kayne West speaks his mind.  No, I do not think it was the right time or place to express his views on Friday night.  I like his music, I like his style, but he does say the wrong things at inappropriate times.