News:

Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

Main Menu

Fire Me, Please

Started by Gamplayerx, June 08, 2005, 06:09:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gamplayerx

We watched this last night.  Anyone else?  The premise is that two people are trying to get fired and the one who succeeds as close to 3:00 gets $25,000.

It was really funny - we were rolling.

Here's a preview http://www.cbs.com/primetime/fire_me_please/ - it was funnier than it looks in that.

eo000

Sounds right up my alley. Is it going to be on each week? what time was it on?

Gamplayerx

There's going to be 3 more shows.  Looks like Tuesdays at 9 eastern.

eo000

Gamplayerx

It was just so funny.  There was this one girl who was working in a "feminine" boutique who kept walking laps around the store in cloppy shoes whistling.  

eo000

Are there rules? Like things they can't do?

Gamplayerx

Yeah.  They can't break the law, they can't ask to be fired, they can't mention they're on tv.

They do a little profile of the bosses pet peeves, like "hates when employees try on the hats" - there was this one girl who was trying to get fired from a hat shop.  Priceless.

eo000

Gamplayerx

It is!  I realize my description of the show kind of sucked.  There's two people that compete to get fired at a time - four people per show.

There was a guy who was working at a coffee shop - he kept getting louder and more frenetic as the caffeine wore on.  He declared the thingie that makes the frothy milk the work of the devil.

His best line was he was trying to take the newspaper away from some guy at the counter who kept saying "I'll just read the paper."  He finally gave up trying to get the paper away from him but walked away with the parting shot, "Nice shirt!  Does it come in mens sizes?"

ignom

I watched Judge Dredd instead.
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

Jessie

I moved furniture and did a lot of sweating.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

cnamon

I was watching Blow Out on Bravo.

eo000

new episode tonight at 9.    ;)

Alice

eo000

ReBurn

Quote from: Jessie on June 08, 2005, 08:29:42 AM
I moved furniture and did a lot of sweating.
Still laying on that couch?
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

cnamon

I thought that show was funny.  I can't believe they called the cops on that kid.