Diet "soda"

Started by charmed, March 20, 2005, 11:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charmed

Blecch. I am trying to drink a diet cherry 7UP and it's torture. On the bright side, if all I had to drink was diet pop, I wouldn't have this big gut because it would severely cramp my drinking style.  :-X

Gamplayerx

I actually prefer diet soda because I can't stand the taste of high fructose corn syrup.  On that note, it's almost Passover, so there should be Coke available at the moment made with real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.  It goes really quickly - check it out!

OBB

I'm confused... you refer to it as both "soda" and "pop"...

Odd!!

Jessie

I love diet coke.

It took a little while to get used to it, but I can't stand regular coke now.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

curlingdog

Quote from: Gamplayerx on March 20, 2005, 11:54:31 PM
I actually prefer diet soda because I can't stand the taste of high fructose corn syrup.  On that note, it's almost Passover, so there should be Coke available at the moment made with real sugar instead of high fructose corn syrup.  It goes really quickly - check it out!

I've never heard of this... What's the story behind it, Gamp?  I was a huge Coke drinker before they messed around with "New" Coke (long ago) and it never got back to where it was.  I'm told you can still get the original formula in Mexico, but I'm not sure about the sugar v. HFCS issue?

Gamplayerx

Corn syrup is not kosher during Passover, so Coca-Cola puts out Coke during Passover that is made with real sugar.

Gamplayerx

By the way, there's a difference between something being "kosher" and something being "kosher for Passover."  Except for during Passover (April 23rd through the 30th this year), corn syrup is 100% kosher.  And 100% gross, but that's another story.

sapphirehart

I accidentally purchased a diet Cherry coke yesterday.....blech!

Gamplayerx

Dry then Catch

i used to drink about a 2 liter of diet every day at work.  It has no calories how can it hurt?  my stomach killed me every night.   yes i know i talk that a lot. 

Jessie

I drink about 4-6 diet cokes a day.

This may be why I can't sleep.

Gamplayerx

Quote from: jessie on March 21, 2005, 11:26:24 AM
I drink about 4-6 diet cokes a day.

This may be why I can't sleep.

4 to 6?  Wow.  I'm a Diet Cokeaholic, but you outdo me by a lot.  Unless you're talking about wimpy cans.  I drink the nice 1 liter bottles.

Jessie

Well, today I've had 3 cans, and I haven't even been to lunch yet.

I usually buy 2 20 oz. bottles before work to drink for breakfast.  Then, I have a 20 or 32 oz. diet coke at lunch, which I usually get at least one refill on, sometimes more.

I don't always have diet coke at home, but sometimes I do.

Jessie

Ok, I had a ginormous diet coke at lunch.  I don't know how big it was, but it was bigger than 32 oz. without a doubt.

Now I'm having another can, because I had to take my medicine.

I'd say I'm up to a good 85 ounces of Diet Coke so far today.

See, when I offered to give up Diet Coke in support of the Junto Jasons' Sobriety Special on Friday, I wasn't playing.  They didn't take me up on it, though, I don't think.

DownSouth

I had nothing lasst night nor do I plan on having anything tonight.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: DownSouth on March 21, 2005, 01:43:00 PM
I had nothing lasst night nor do I plan on having anything tonight.

Smooches for DS!

[attachment deleted by admin]

meredith

Hate diet sodas. All of them.

I especially resent Diet Dr Pepper, since everyone has to throw in, "It tastes just like real Dr Pepper!"

Gamp, if you're looking to avoid HFCS and you like Dr Pepper, try some Dublin Dr Pepper:

http://www.olddocs.com/

Best. Dr Pepper. Ever.

DownSouth

2 days diet cike heads.
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

Beefy

Quote from: DownSouth on March 22, 2005, 10:58:32 AM
2 days diet cike heads.

2 days of what?  You leave it open-ended and who knows where our minds will go.

I forgot to bring change for the vending machines to work with me.  I'm pissed at myself.

DownSouth

Quote from: Beef on March 22, 2005, 11:01:36 AM
2 days diet cike heads.

I forgot to bring change for the vending machines to work with me.  I'm pissed at myself.
I meant diet coke heads.  I haven't had a drink since Sunday afternoon.

Jessie

Quote from: DownSouth on March 22, 2005, 11:06:10 AM
Quote from: Beef on March 22, 2005, 11:01:36 AM
2 days diet cike heads.

I meant diet coke heads.  I haven't had a drink since Sunday afternoon.

+1

I'm sure karma is way better than like AA or any of that crap, so I'll give you karma every hour (if I remember) that you're sober!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: jessie on March 22, 2005, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: DownSouth on March 22, 2005, 11:06:10 AMI meant diet coke heads.  I haven't had a drink since Sunday afternoon.

+1

I'm sure karma is way better than like AA or any of that crap, so I'll give you karma every hour (if I remember) that you're sober!

And I'll give you credits.

Beefy

Wow, I am both elated and sad to hear it.

Elated, obviously, since I am happy you are doing better.

Sad, since it was the source of much comedic content.

I guess I will have to pick up the slack; I'll run by the store at lunch.

DownSouth

Have you ever been to an AA meeting in the south?  It would make you want to drink more.

Beefy

Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck.

I forgot to bring change for the vending machine.

nallen

Quote from: Beef on March 28, 2005, 10:10:42 AM

I know the feeling, sodas are $1.10 at work.  and they don't take $5 bills.  So if you only have a single $1, and a $% or $20 you're as good as broke.  I even make a point of remembering to bring a couple of quarters just for this issue.
How much are NASA sodas?
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

DownSouth

Quote from: nallen on March 28, 2005, 10:29:30 AM
Quote from: Beef on March 28, 2005, 10:10:42 AM

I know the feeling, sodas are $1.10 at work.  and they don't take $5 bills.  So if you only have a single $1, and a $% or $20 you're as good as broke.  I even make a point of remembering to bring a couple of quarters just for this issue.
How much are NASA sodas?

They get them cheap.  They make the shuttle out of used coke cans.

Beefy

It varies from building to building.  Here it is $1 for a small plastic bottle or 65 cents for a can.

They have really cool vending machines in other buildings.  Coffee, ice cream bars, every variety of soda imaginable, sammiches (fresh daily), etc.

cnamon

We get free soda here.

Beefy

One of the kind, generous, and lovely ladies at our Customer Service Desk gave me 65 cents.  I am now Diet Coked.   :D

Dry then Catch

Quote from: Beef on March 28, 2005, 10:51:28 AM
One of the kind, generous, and lovely ladies at our Customer Service Desk gave me 65 cents.  I am now Diet Coked.   :D

you know what you have to do in return don't you

Beefy

Quote from: CatchrNdRy on March 28, 2005, 11:51:34 AM
Quote from: Beef on March 28, 2005, 10:51:28 AM

you know what you have to do in return don't you

SFIA?

DownSouth

Stick finger in ass?

Dry then Catch

no you pervs all that means is he has to buy her a soda in return.