News:

Do you all even read these?

Main Menu

The rebirth of the Camaro.

Started by ReBurn, January 15, 2006, 10:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReBurn

At the Detroit auto show they unveiled the new Camaro concept car, modeled after the 1969 model.  Which was, incidentally, my favorite model year for the Camaro.

I realize that it may not be suited to everyone's tastes, but think I kind of like it.

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/gallery.aspx?shw=autoshow2006&xml=Gallery_11_Chevrolet_Camaro_Concept&src=autoshow2006Media
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

BITCHIN CAMARO, BITCHIN CAMARO
I ran over my neighbors
BITCHIN CAMARAO, BITCHIN CAMARO
Now it's in all the papers.
My folks bought me a BITCHIN CAMARO with no insurance to match;
So if you happen to run me down, please don't leave a scratch.
I ran over some old lady one night at the county fair;
And I didn't get arrested, because my dad's the mayor.
Doughnuts on your lawn
Tony Orlando and Dawn
When I drive past the kids, they all spit and cuss,
Because I've got a BITCHIN CAMARO and they have to ride the bus.
So you'd better get out of my way, when I run through your yard;
Because I've got a BITCHIN CAMARO;
And an Exxon credit card.
Hey, man where ya headed?
I drive on unleaded.

I've never been a fan of the "muscle" cars - my knuckles don't scrape the pavement, so it's very awkward and difficult to reach the controls.  Nice looking car, though.

ReBurn

Well, it just so happens that my knuckles do scrape the pavement, but my dad says that I'm only the second generation on my mom's side of the family that's walking upright.

I used to have a '76 Camaro, but I never had the opportunity to paint it primer grey.

Miss Molly

Looks like a crossbreed of a Mustang and a Corvette.

ReBurn

I believe that it sort of always was.

Jessie

I heard about this.  I'm glad you did all the leg work for me finding the pictures and stuff.  I like it.  It does look a lot like the new Mustang, which I like even more.  Of course, I've always liked Mustangs more.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Gamplayerx

Mustangs are also knuckle scrapers.

sapphirehart

I was going to say that it looks like a cross between the new Mustang and the new Charger.

DownSouth

I think it looks bad ass.  I wonder how much I could save if they don't paint it. 

* DownSouth wanders off to find cement blocks
16:15:43 [Gamplayerx] Juneau, I could really go for some pie. You better Belize it!

cnamon

Gamp, I listened to that on my Ipod this morning.

Bennyhana

I like it overall, though I think the front end is a little too pointy.  It gets away from the idea of the muscle car, which was to take a badass looking steel brick and push it through the air with a giant, fire-breathing beast of an engine.

Bishamonten

The resurgence of good old-style car design is a good thing.  New car designs are generally shit.  The Mustangs were getting -laughable-

Beefy

I like it.  Couldn't fit in it, but like it.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: DownSouth on January 16, 2006, 10:07:10 AM
I think it looks bad ass.  I wonder how much I could save if they don't paint it. 

* DownSouth wanders off to find cement blocks

paint it gloss black or candy apple red and it will look bitchin as well.     Gray isnt a flattering color for any car,  but they probably do it to make it seem less flashy so you can imagine it a diff color alot easier.
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

cnamon

I want an old primer grey Camaro.

Mr. Ubiquity

Quote from: cnamon on January 17, 2006, 03:15:17 PM
I want an old primer grey Camaro.

make sure they fill the trunk with sub woofers so u can blare..

WHATS NEW PUSSYCAT  WHOAH a WHoah a Whoah--o!!
"if I wank to it, will u feel disgusted or flattered or a perverse combo of both?"

nishi

what kind of crap pussyass truck is this??

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/gallery.aspx?src=autoshow2006Gallery&shw=autoshow2006&xml=Gallery_06_Ford_Concepts

it's like metrosexual meets gangsta meets drag racing meets CEO with a small dick. 
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

Is the interior of that thing wood paneled like a boat deck?

Jessie

Quote from: nishi on January 17, 2006, 03:35:17 PM

http://autoshow.msn.com/as/gallery.aspx?src=autoshow2006Gallery&shw=autoshow2006&xml=Gallery_06_Ford_Concepts

it's like metrosexual meets gangsta meets drag racing meets CEO with a small dick. 

I think they forgot the top half.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Jessie on January 17, 2006, 03:38:37 PM

Actually, they forgot the back half.  You know, where you put shit.  Doesn't surprise me, though, they've been forgetting that on Trucks for like 10 years.  It's actually hard to find a pickup that can haul 4'x8' sheets anymore.

Mr. Ubiquity

you answered your own question.   called corp ceo.

ReBurn

Quote from: Bennyhana on January 17, 2006, 04:01:26 PM

Actually, they forgot the back half.  You know, where you put shit.  Doesn't surprise me, though, they've been forgetting that on Trucks for like 10 years.  It's actually hard to find a pickup that can haul 4'x8' sheets anymore.
See, there's where you're wrong.  If you fold them you can put lots of sheets in the back of a pickup.  Even the ones that go on a King size bed.

Bennyhana

Quote from: ReBurn on January 17, 2006, 04:02:54 PM

See, there's where you're wrong.  If you fold them you can put lots of sheets in the back of a pickup.  Even the ones that go on a King size bed.

I'd rather have to buy a whole semi with trailer than try to fold a fitted sheet.

ReBurn

Quote from: Bennyhana on January 17, 2006, 04:07:28 PM
Quote from: ReBurn on January 17, 2006, 04:02:54 PM

See, there's where you're wrong.  If you fold them you can put lots of sheets in the back of a pickup.  Even the ones that go on a King size bed.

I'd rather have to buy a whole semi with trailer than try to fold a fitted sheet.
I agree with you there.

Beefy