News:

You know, I think that if there was a person you didn't like, and you handed them Wasabi Peas and a Vernor's ginger ale, and told them to inhale the smell of Vernor's through their nose and then take a bite of the Wasabi Peas and then exhale through their nose, you could kill them and totally get away with it.

Main Menu

A Photoshop Quandry

Started by aimee3480, April 28, 2005, 01:32:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aimee3480

I'm hoping someone may have some suggestions for a photoshop quandry I have here at work.  I have to photoshop about 30 pictures similar to these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/aimee3480/threequarterB.jpg

and

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v487/aimee3480/threequarterA.jpg

In each picture I have to darken the stage so that it doesn't look so dirty and remove the line of light blue seats that appears in the second pic.  I have taken a very basic photoshop class but am not sure where to start with this or what tools to use.  If anybody has any suggestions I'll owe you big!  Thanks!

BigDun

To get rid of the chairs, use the clone stamp tool. To use the clone tool, select it from the tool box and hold the alt key and click on a blank part of the floor. Release the alt key and start painting in the chair area. Do it in small sections. If you try and do to much you will start picking up the chairs again (even though it looks like you have already erased them).

To darken the stage, use the Burn tool. You might have to click on the Dodge tool and select it from the tool selector. Set it midtones in the top and the Exposure in the 50% range. Paint the stage until it is nice and dark. If there are still some light spots, do it again except with it set for highlights.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

ReBurn

Man, you must work at a help desk or something BigDun!
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Dry then Catch

props for the super quick pro bono work BD

aimee3480

Thanks BigDun!!

I'll give it a shot.

dazie

Quote from: BigDun on April 28, 2005, 01:40:59 PM
To get rid of the chairs, use the clone stamp tool. To use the clone tool, select it from the tool box and hold the alt key and click on a blank part of the floor. Release the alt key and start painting in the chair area. Do it in small sections. If you try and do to much you will start picking up the chairs again (even though it looks like you have already erased them).

To darken the stage, use the Burn tool. You might have to click on the Dodge tool and select it from the tool selector. Set it midtones in the top and the Exposure in the 50% range. Paint the stage until it is nice and dark. If there are still some light spots, do it again except with it set for highlights.

Took the words right out of my mouth baby! 
"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?"
I think so, Brain, but how will we get the Spice Girls into the paella?