News:

Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories.

Main Menu

Podcasting

Started by Beefy, August 09, 2007, 01:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beefy

Has anyone here worked on or created their own podcast?  How time intensive was it?  How difficult?

We're starting to look into it at work and it has me wondering about the format for my own personal usage.

Infobahn

I have looked into it.  There are "kits" available through B&H Photo and Musician's Friend that come with start up equipment, software and such.

If you have done video editing, I don't think it would be difficult.  Formats vary depending on who downloads it (MP3 and some Mac format)

I know that a number of podcasts I listen to use Skype to link people together.

If you want, I can hook you up with my brother - he owns a large model railroad site and he is well versed in what's what.

VikingJuice

Quote from: Beefy on August 09, 2007, 01:38:54 PM
Has anyone here worked on or created their own podcast?  How time intensive was it?  How difficult?

We're starting to look into it at work and it has me wondering about the format for my own personal usage.

How is podcasting different from just recording a snippet of video on your digital camera and posting it?

Beefy

Quote from: Mc Lovin' (VJ) on August 09, 2007, 01:50:57 PM
Quote from: Beefy on August 09, 2007, 01:38:54 PM

How is podcasting different from just recording a snippet of video on your digital camera and posting it?

Think of putting together a really dynamic mix that could include more than music in a digital realm.  A small show, that could even include video or still imagery as well as audio.

http://www.podcasting-tools.com/what-is-podcasting.htm

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

meredith

What do you have in mind?  Just a simple "talk radio" thing with some clips tossed in?

I'm not familiar with the term podcasting including video.  Are you thinking of doing video?

Infobahn

A few of my podcasts have video podcasts (they are photoshop related), some of the audio podcasts have artwork that are displayed like a slide show.

Beefy

Quote from: hatt on August 09, 2007, 03:01:08 PM
What do you have in mind?  Just a simple "talk radio" thing with some clips tossed in?

For work, it would be editing content for astronauts on orbit.  For personal use, I haven't put that much thought into it.

Quote from: hatt
I'm not familiar with the term podcasting including video.  Are you thinking of doing video?

What Info said.

Beefy

Just think if people started taking turns doing a weekly or monthly podcast, of whatever content or length pleased them.  It could go out from Junto via RSS.