News:

9/7/05- 6 months! How the heck did we miss that date?? And you didn't even remember to get me a gift!

Main Menu

Heroes

Started by ReBurn, July 05, 2006, 07:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jessie

I'm up to episode 15.  I really like Claire, and Hiro is awesome.  Ali Larter is super hot.  Her husband isn't bad looking either.  The cop's story line is annoying.  I like the show, and I'm obviously hooked, but it seems to have a bit too much going on at times, and too many main characters.

I'm definitely going to keep watching.
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Beefy

meredith

Don't click that link without javascript disabled. It's ugly.  Text of the above linked article: 

--
False start for NBC's 'Heroes: Origins'
By Andrew Wallenstein

Nov 1, 2007
Fears of a writers strike may have already contributed to a decision NBC made Wednesday to pull the highly anticipated spinoff miniseries of its hit "Heroes" from a midseason launch.

NBC declined comment, but "Heroes: Origins" is not going to get its six-episode run, which was expected to start as early as late April. While the network hasn't officially canceled the spinoff, producers of the series have been given no indication of when it might get a spot on the schedule.

Sources indicated "Origins" may be just the first of many projects lined up at the broadcast networks in 2008 that will get downgraded as a result of the potential strike, which could severely affect the TV industry. Budget allocations made months ago for a range of scripted programs, many of which will not be feasible without sidelined writers, will likely be reconsidered and potentially shifted to strike-proof material like reality and news programs.

"Origins" had been highly touted as a midseason addition since NBC's upfront in May, when then-entertainment president Kevin Reilly envisioned spelling "Heroes" when it took a late-season hiatus. The network had been promoting "Origins" well in advance of its premiere, noting the enlistment of such top directors as Kevin Smith and Eli Roth to write and direct select episodes.

However, it is also possible that NBC, now under the creative direction of Ben Silverman, may have seen its enthusiasm diminish for an expansion of the "Heroes" franchise given a pronounced ratings drop-off in recent weeks for the flagship series.

It is unclear at what stage "Origins" was in the preproduction process, though it is unlikely scripts had been completed.

In other NBC news, unscripted series "The Singing Bee" has been yanked from the schedule for the upcoming November sweeps period in favor of expanded two-hour installments of "The Biggest Loser."

Beefy

You know, change one little o to a p and this would be an entirely different thread.

Alice

Quote from: Beefy on November 01, 2007, 11:29:49 AM
You know, change one little o to a p and this would be an entirely different thread.
It would be my current thread.  :-\

meredith

you insensitive clod!

ReBurn

This season needs to ramp back up on some super-powered action.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Beefy

QuoteSources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike. Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted (fingers crossed!), the alt ending would likely be scrapped.
[/url]

The strike is on.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on November 05, 2007, 07:41:32 AM
QuoteSources confirm that the show is going back and shooting an alternate ending to the Dec. 3 episode that, if used, would allow the episode to function as a season finale in the event of a strike. Originally, the episode was only supposed to serve as the conclusion of the current "Generations" arc. Should an 11th-hour agreement be reached and a strike averted (fingers crossed!), the alt ending would likely be scrapped.
[/url]

The strike is on.
The studios just don't want to give up the money.

Beefy

Quote from: ReBurn on November 05, 2007, 11:04:17 AM
[/url]

The strike is on.

One of the studio suits had the audacity to suggest that the DVD rental and commercial purchase markets were unproven, and so the writer's had no right to suggest an additional amount of royalties from such an untested market.

DVDs.  Untested market.

GFY

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on November 05, 2007, 11:06:55 AM
Quote from: ReBurn on November 05, 2007, 11:04:17 AM
[/url]

The strike is on.

One of the studio suits had the audacity to suggest that the DVD rental and commercial purchase markets were unproven, and so the writer's had no right to suggest an additional amount of royalties from such an untested market.

DVDs.  Untested market.

GFY
Yeah. It seems as if studios would understand that good writers are what make for good television, not good management.

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

ReBurn

Alice

Crap, I missed what West put in the paper.  Anyone fill me in?  :)

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on November 05, 2007, 09:15:21 PM
Crap, I missed what West put in the paper.  Anyone fill me in?  :)

He showed Claire an article about a drunken suspended cheerleader who had stories of a flying boy.

My theory that Kensai might be Adam is strengthening.

Beefy

HAHAHA he ditched her in the possible future!!!  Now THAT'S a great plot point!

Beefy

I TOTALLY CALLED THAT SHIAT WEEKS AGO

Alice

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on November 05, 2007, 09:47:17 PM
HAHAHA he ditched her in the possible future!!!  Now THAT'S a great plot point!
I thought the same thing. Wow! If these writers don't come off strike soon it'll be that way FOREVER!

ReBurn

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on November 05, 2007, 10:01:01 PM

This isn't even bullshiat.  I need to write for this show.  They're getting too predictable.

Infobahn

The audio on the NBC channel in the hotel is not working.  At least it is being recorded at home.

I am in Sacramento.  Nice town.

Beefy

QuoteBryan Fuller was picketing Warner Brothers with the entire writing staff of PUSHING DAISIES.

J.J. Abrams picketed alongside the producers of LOST.

Reportedly, Tim Kring wouldn't comply with a weekend rewrite that would tack a season ending onto the last script written and is now off HEROES.

ReBurn

Quote from: Beefy on November 06, 2007, 07:50:37 AM
QuoteBryan Fuller was picketing Warner Brothers with the entire writing staff of PUSHING DAISIES.

J.J. Abrams picketed alongside the producers of LOST.

Reportedly, Tim Kring wouldn't comply with a weekend rewrite that would tack a season ending onto the last script written and is now off HEROES.
Good for Tim. Fight the power and stuff.

Beefy

Quote from: Beefy on November 05, 2007, 10:01:01 PM

After I got over myself being so clever and insightful (and modest), I realized this was a bad thing.  The storytelling shouldn't be that predictable.  It's been pretty sloppy so far this season as it is, but I shouldn't be able to guess major plot points weeks ahead of time.  It's like they're barely trying.  Each episode seems to have a couple of solid moments and some nice acting, but it's surrounded by a bunch of wishy washiness and clumsy plotting.