News:

In spite of the cost of living, it's still quite popular.

Main Menu

Heroes

Started by ReBurn, July 05, 2006, 07:33:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alice

Quote from: eo000 on May 22, 2007, 06:37:24 AM
do you think sylar pulled himself down into the sewer, or do you think the new bad guy pulled him down?
The new bad guy pulled him down, I think.  Cuz that girl thought about him, so he probably came to see what was going on. 

God I was bawling like a little girl last night.

eo000

Quote from: Alice on May 22, 2007, 08:05:43 AM
do you think sylar pulled himself down into the sewer, or do you think the new bad guy pulled him down?
The new bad guy pulled him down, I think.  Cuz that girl thought about him, so he probably came to see what was going on. 

due to heroes, or did you have some personal shit going on?

Alice

Due to Heroes.

Ass.

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on May 22, 2007, 08:35:10 AM
Quote from: Alice on May 22, 2007, 08:05:43 AM

due to heroes, or did you have some personal shit going on?

She has a crush on Peter.

Pssst, Alice, I bet he survived.

Alice

Nathan is hot too.  I'd do either of them.  Or both at the same time.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on May 22, 2007, 09:09:33 AM

I don't think Nathan survived.  Necrophilia = not hot.

Alice

No, but I bet the dude that plays him is still alive.  :)

eo000

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2007, 09:22:06 AM

don't you think he could have taken peter really high, then let him go, and gotten away?

Beefy

Quote from: eo000 on May 22, 2007, 09:28:24 AM

don't you think he could have taken peter really high, then let him go, and gotten away?

Personally, I doubt it.  They had a short time to go a very high distance for a very large burst of radioactive energy.  If Nathan lived, he'd look like that guy who gets the toxic waste dumped on him in Robocop.  Besides, Nathan would have started getting burned and radiation poisoning the moment he held Peter to himself to take off in flight.

Infobahn

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2007, 09:43:22 AM

Personally, I doubt it.  They had a short time to go a very high distance for a very large burst of radioactive energy.  If Nathan lived, he'd look like that guy who gets the toxic waste dumped on him in Robocop.  Besides, Nathan would have started getting burned and radiation poisoning the moment he held Peter to himself to take off in flight.
Boy, you put WAY too much thought into that.

Alice

Bennyhana

Has it occurred to you that the show is fiction and many of the things that happen on it couldn't happen in reality?

Beefy

Quote from: Bennyhana on May 22, 2007, 11:57:23 AM

Has it occurred to you that the show is fiction and many of the things that happen on it couldn't happen in reality?

They established the boundaries of suspension of disbelief within the show, not me.

Bennyhana

Quote from: Beefy on May 22, 2007, 11:58:39 AM
Quote from: Bennyhana on May 22, 2007, 11:57:23 AM

They established the boundaries of suspension of disbelief within the show, not me.

I guess that's why I don't watch shows like this.

Bishamonten

Not closing the Sylar storyline was a stupid mistake.  He wasn't compelling enough to keep around.

Beefy

Quote from: Bishamonten on May 22, 2007, 12:10:17 PM
Not closing the Sylar storyline was a stupid mistake.  He wasn't compelling enough to keep around.

I think that's why they started fleshing him out towards the end of the season.  Apparently he has absorbed some specific power which is going to become very important.

Alice

How are you sure he isn't dead?

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on May 22, 2007, 12:53:06 PM
How are you sure he isn't dead?

Well for one, the writers hinted at it a while back.  But more to the narrative point, his power is too useful combined with how much everyone hates him.  Having to go to him for help is the stuff that superhero drama is made from.

Alice

You're right about that last part.

When did the writers hint about it?

I just assumed it was Molly's "worse than the boogeyman" guy that dragged Sylar to the sewers.

Infobahn

I think there is a difference on Molly "thinking" or conjuring his location, and just talking about him.

Beefy

Quote from: Alice on May 22, 2007, 12:57:21 PM
When did the writers hint about it?

Interview in TV Guide.

When Molly described the bad man it made me think of Sauron.

ReBurn

Maybe Nathan let Peter go before he asploded. I think Peter survived. He's way too badass to not survive.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

Gamplayerx

Quote from: ReBurn on May 22, 2007, 08:07:52 PM
Maybe Nathan let Peter go before he asploded. I think Peter survived. He's way too badass to not survive.

It's like deja vu, all over again. 

ReBurn

You should never assume I've read everything.
11:42:24 [Gamplayerx] I keep getting knocked up.
11:42:28 [Gamplayerx] Er. OUT!

swolt

what if, like, Nathan let him go? And he exploded while falling, but maybe got away. And I think Peter will live.
A clever man commits no minor blunders.