News:

04/12/07 - Congrats to dots for snatching the real 200,000th post! Riding on her coattails, I guess we can spare some kudos to Jessie for the less real 200,000th post.

Main Menu

Tivo Questions...

Started by jonmori, July 28, 2005, 04:24:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonmori

I just got my Tivo this week and things have been great so far. 

For those of you out there who have Tivo.  Have you hacked it?  How difficult was this to do? 

I just got a Series 2 and it has version 5.3 of the OS, does this support drives over 137GB?  In addition if I download the update to 7.2, the primary goal of this is to hook the Tivo up to my wireless network and replace the small drive with two of these iif that's feasible.  I don't want to lose any functionality. 

I've built computers from scratch, so I know the installation will not be a problem, and have experience with UNIX so the commands shouldn't be a problem, just trying to figure out the process. 

How did your experiences go? 

Infobahn

I know the Leo Laporte has a bunch of Tivo hack information. 

Beefy

Yeah, sorry.  We have six of them at work, but since the government owns them we can't hack them.

I'd say Info has the right idea - teh Intraweb.

ignom

If you figure out how to hack it, can you record the Empire Falls miniseries off HBO for me since eo000 is an idiot?
Underneath this flabby exterior is an enormous lack of character.

eo000

BigDun

We have added secondary hard drives to our Series 1 Tivo but that's all the hacking we've done. Our new HighDef DirecTV Tivo doesn't support much in the way of hacking.
16:26:25 [DownSouth] I'm in a monkey rutt

Beefy

Quote from: BigDun on July 28, 2005, 11:37:55 PM
We have added secondary hard drives to our Series 1 Tivo but that's all the hacking we've done. Our new HighDef DirecTV Tivo doesn't support much in the way of hacking.

Yet.

Jessie

I thought this said 'Two Questions'.  I was thinking, oh not this shit again.  We're not THAT bored today, are we?
we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

Bishamonten

From what I've heard the Series 2 Tivos are notoriously hard to hack due to deterrants put in place by Tivo.