News:

BE ALERT!! The world needs more lerts.

Main Menu

forwarding into gmail

Started by nishi, June 16, 2005, 10:55:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nishi

so, there's all kinds of info about how to forward gmail out to other email clients. anybody have any ideas about how to forward email from elsewhere *into* gmail?
"we left the motherland to settle a colony on Juntoo.  hats with belt buckles."
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

Gamplayerx

meredith

it all depends on the setup they're running at the account you want to forward from. tell me more about it and i can help you :)

meredith

if that account supports POP3, i believe gmail supports pulling messages in that way

nishi

Quote from: hattmoward on June 16, 2005, 10:58:37 AM
if that account supports POP3, i believe gmail supports pulling messages in that way

yep, it supports POP3.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nishi

i have a bunch of for-some-reason unforwarded email sitting on the server for our local monk website. i decided to forward them to my gmail account instead of my old earthlink account.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

meredith

hmm, okay. I guess gmail doesn't allow you to pull things in through POP3. and i'm unfortunately late getting things ready before i leave for a flight.  I should be back to help later, if someone else doesn't get you taken care of first. :)

sorry  :(

Jessie

we should have kept the quote pyramid up to rape Jessie in the face.

nishi

Quote from: hattmoward on June 16, 2005, 11:09:40 AM
hmm, okay. I guess gmail doesn't allow you to pull things in through POP3. and i'm unfortunately late getting things ready before i leave for a flight.  I should be back to help later, if someone else doesn't get you taken care of first. :)

sorry  :(

that's ok! you have a plane to catch!!

i'm starting to think that gmail just doesn't want you forwarding stuff into it. i went to their discussion boards and found several people asking about that.... but no answers.
-catchr

<- this is a prankapple.

nallen

Typically you set forwarding on the email server that you want forwarded, gmail isn't a POP3 client by it's self.  If you log in to Earthlink's Webmail you may be able to enable forwarding there, let me check on mine and I'll get back to you.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.

nallen

sure enough, log into earthlink's
Webmail:

https://webmail.atl.earthlink.net/

then log in using your email address and Password.

Then go to preferences on the left hand side, email forwarding is at the top.
May the Magic Plastic bless you and keep you.